You Vote, You Fight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawk269

Acrobat
Those who voted for Bush should be willing to fight his war. And send your kids over there once they are old enough to fight. This way, when the flag draped coffin comes back, you’ll see what your vote got you.

:yes:

If you voted for Bush your kid deserves to die!

That is the basic message of this screed - send it to locksville baby :hyper:

Last edited:
You know, Kerry also voted to authorize the use of force, knowing full well that war was a likely outcome.

Hawk269 said:
Those who voted for Bush should be willing to fight his war. And send your kids over there once they are old enough to fight. This way, when the flag draped coffin comes back, you’ll see what your vote got you.

By your logic, those who oppose the war should subject themselves to a few years in Saddam's torture chambers.

I's not logic, dont start an argument with him or open it up to others, this is moonbat venting Level 1 - recrimination, so just ignore it and it will go away.

Remember the Lizardoid prayer
Oh lord, grant me the serenity to ignore the trolls, the courage to debate with honest opponents, and the wisdom to know the difference.

speedracer said:
You know, Kerry also voted to authorize the use of force, knowing full well that war was a likely outcome.

Nice try, ace. I meant voting in the 2004 Presidential Election, knowing now what we know.

Knowing now what we know would be what, the US is in Iraq; there are two options either leave or stay. On one hand the US could pull out all troops as quickly as possible and leave the country free to turn into a slaughterhosue - but at least the troops will be out of harms way and all that death would have been utterly pointless. On the other hand one could accept that the US is in there, and that in the long run it is better for both the Iraqi's and the US that this venture suceeds, regardless of the partisan divide.

Hawk269 said:

Nice try, ace. I meant voting in the 2004 Presidential Election, knowing now what we know.

Nice try, "rules for draw and stud poker".

If you're going to frame our options in the war as "continue to fight and send American kids home in body bags" and "end the war", I'm going to say that ending the war leads to to establishment of a Shari'a state in Iraq.

Then perhaps we can say those who voted for Kerry should subject themselves to a few years of living in such a place.

speedracer said:

Then perhaps we can say those who voted for Kerry should subject themselves to a few years of living in such a place.

Who started the war in Iraq? Ohh yeah. It was Bush and his legion of ideologues. How quickly and conveniently we forget. Woops.

Hawk269 said:

Who started the war in Iraq? Ohh yeah. It was Bush and his legion of ideologues. How quickly and conveniently we forget. Woops.

Hence the note about Kerry also authorizing the use of force.

Everyone had to know in advance that the Iraq campaign would take years. We weren't just going to march on Baghdad, topple Saddam, and leave a power vacuum. Come on.

Last edited:
speedracer said:

Hence the note about Kerry also authorizing the use of force.

Everyone had to know in advance that the Iraq campaign would take years. We weren't just going to march on Baghdad, topple Saddam, and leave a power vacuum. Come on.

Well, either you have successfully missed my point or you are deliberately attempting to shift the scope of this thread. My point was that if you voted for Bush in this election, you are supporting his foreign policy and you should be willing to fight in the wars he chooses to wage. You gave him carte blanche to wage war when he sees fit. If you want to talk about Kerry and try to make him responsible for the war in Iraq, go ahead. Yes, he voted to authorize the use of force. He, and all of us, will have to live with the consequences of that decision. But (to use Bush’s words) “make no mistake” - the war was waged by Bush and his legion of ideologues. So let’s not try to shift the scope here and spread the responsibility around like a plate at Thanksgiving. The buck stops with Bush.

speedracer said:

Nice try, "rules for draw and stud poker".

If you're going to frame our options in the war as "continue to fight and send American kids home in body bags" and "end the war", I'm going to say that ending the war leads to to establishment of a Shari'a state in Iraq.

My thoughts exatly. What are they complaining about? Kerry would be forced to do the same thing.

Hawk269 said:

My point was that if you voted for Bush in this election, you are supporting his foreign policy and you should be willing to fight in the wars he chooses to wage.

You make two assertions here:

1. If you voted for Bush, you support his foreign policy.

This is about 90% true. Fine.

2. If you support Bush's foreign policy, you should be willing to fight in the wars he chooses to wage.

This is the point I have assailed in my previous posts by making parallel arguments.

Hawk269 said:
And send your kids over there once they are old enough to fight. This way, when the flag draped coffin comes back, you’ll see what your vote got you.

i love when the moore kool-aid drinkers bring this doozie of an argument out. it makes me laugh. i believe bill o'reilly, the scorn of all of the kool-aid drinkers, put it best when he answered moore with "if my son decided to do that, i would support his decision."

because, after all, a parent can not force their 18 year old to join the army. at that point, they are on their own to make their own decisions. and if i had a son who was 18, and he wanted to join the miliatary, i would support him in that decision, just like i support my friends who are over there now.

Re: Re: You Vote, You Fight

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i love when the moore kool-aid drinkers bring this doozie of an argument out. it makes me laugh. i believe bill o'reilly, the scorn of all of the kool-aid drinkers, put it best when he answered moore with "if my son decided to do that, i would support his decision."

because, after all, a parent can not force their 18 year old to join the army. at that point, they are on their own to make their own decisions. and if i had a son who was 18, and he wanted to join the miliatary, i would support him in that decision, just like i support my friends who are over there now.

You can quote the great O'Reilly until your face turns blue. If you are willing to vote for President Bush, then you should be willing to see your kid come home in a casket when Bush sends him or her to fight his war. Or better yet, be able to see them walking around with prosthetic limbs. And don't forget to help them with their rehab. After all, it's the least you can do.

How very naive. Do you really think Kerry would've ended the war any sooner? Bush doesn't want war. He wants peace as badly as the rest of Republicans...I'm sure.

Re: Re: Re: You Vote, You Fight

Hawk269 said:
You can quote the great O'Reilly until your face turns blue. If you are willing to vote for President Bush, then you should be willing to see your kid come home in a casket when Bush sends him or her to fight his war. Or better yet, be able to see them walking around with prosthetic limbs. And don't forget to help them with their rehab. After all, it's the least you can do.

You realize how naive and short sighted this will be if followed as a matter of principle.

Flying FuManchu said:
LOL at Hawk269...

Well, thanks for sharing that. It really added a new level of intelligence to the discussion.

At least nbcrusader is willing to use his brain when he argues.

As for the rest of you Bush supporters, just remember one thing as you are listening to the Edge on the new U2 album. The Edge hates Bush's guts and wrote many of those guitar lines and riffs with those feelings in mind. Put that in your pipes and smoke it.

Hawk269 said:

As for the rest of you Bush supporters, just remember one thing as you are listening to the Edge on the new U2 album. The Edge hates Bush's guts and wrote many of those guitar lines and riffs with those feelings in mind. Put that in your pipes and smoke it.

Thanks for the heads up. I also enjoy the music of Radiohead, REM and Bruce Springsteen.

Though I will give this thread the benefit of the doubt, and will therefore not see it closed, I will implore people to keep a cordial tone.

Hawk269, I feel your pain, but you really should try to keep your cool for the benefit of the credibility of this thread.

Ant.

Hawk269 said:

Well, thanks for sharing that. It really added a new level of intelligence to the discussion.

At least nbcrusader is willing to use his brain when he argues.

Whoopty-fricking doo!

That's so immature.

speedracer said:

Thanks for the heads up. I also enjoy the music of Radiohead, REM and Bruce Springsteen.

How about that song "Final Straw" by REM...you must have loved that! Let's play that one on the old jukebox.

I guess you enjoy supporting artists who go out of their way to oppose your Republican views. Thanks!! We can always use the extra support!! (as evidenced by the election)

Hawk269 said:

How about that song "Final Straw" by REM...you must have loved that! Let's play that one on the old jukebox.

Didn't like "Final Straw" that much. I thought "Bad Day" was better. Still not up to par with the old IRS-era songs like"Welcome To The Occupation" and "Exhuming McCarthy" .

I guess you enjoy supporting artists who go out of their way to oppose your Republican views. Thanks!! We can always use the extra support!! (as evidenced by the election)

Well, actually I consider myself somewhat of a moderate.

I think Curt Schilling had a bigger impact on the Ohio vote than the entire Rock the Vote crew, though.

Hawk269 said:

I'm not sure how the music I listen to helps or hurts a candidate. Having the Boss at a rally may be entertaining, but it fails to convey a message of how a candidate understands the concerns of the people.

Back
Top Bottom