Yet another Airstrike against Falluja

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Klaus

Refugee
on a one of these small green spots at that blue p
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3650762.stm

US bombards Falluja 'militants'
Buildings in Falluja bombed by US forces
At least 15 people have been killed in a joint US-Iraqi attack on militant positions in the restive Iraqi city of Falluja, according to hospital sources.

US artillery bombarded several districts, before circling warplanes opened fire, witnesses said.

The US military said it had "accurately targeted" militants from a group linked to al-Qaeda, but there were reports that civilians were among the dead.

It comes a day after 70 people were killed in fighting across Iraq.

According to Al-Jazeere, one of the "militants" is an Ambulance
1BA825F91F904AAA94C6D996B4F9BBC1.jpg

And according to the doctor, ambulances are routinely targeted"

AFP said at least one house had been flattened by a US missile and two others were partially destroyed.

Ambulances and cars were reported to have been ferrying casualties to hospital.

The agency said four people were killed when a missile struck a civilian car driving on a motorway west of Falluja.

Witnesses described black columns of smoke above Falluja and said hundreds of families had begun to leave town, Reuters reported.

US forces using loudspeakers called on residents to co-operate and "expel terrorists from the centre of the city", Reuters said.

All of this stuff is scaring me. I know some people are going to think that I'm pressing a panic button--and I am, in fact, panic-prone--but I'm afraid this situation is going to get worse. There are reports that whole cities are being held by insurgents, and the insurgents are getting stronger. It's not good.

Back
Top Bottom