Yeah Kerry! pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2andPolitix

The Fly
As a kerry supporter since he announced he was running in December 2001 i'm so psyched...but realistic knowing there are several hurdles left to jump. Kerry/Edwards ticket all the way! :wink:

najeena said:
I thought of you when the numbers came rolling in last night, Politix. The Kerry/Edwards ticket could be our best chance.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Yeah. I just saw a poll that says Edwards is leading in South Carolina. These guys can win.

i'm flattered that you thought of me! but i'm glad to see so much agreement that kerry/edwards are great leaders and the ones to beat bush.

nbcrusader said:

I hope Edwards is leading in South Carolina. If he can't win his home state in a primary......

True. On CNN on Tuesday he said he had to win South Carolina, otherwise obviously he can't win. I think he can win other Southern states as well. He's very popular around here, more so than Kerry, I think, even though Kerry is really popular here also. It's tough for politicians from states like Massachusetts around here, they automatically claim you're the Liberal From Hell even if you have a 100% score from the NRA, voted for the Iraq war and other conservative stuff.

I'd be very content with Kerry/Edwards. But I do think Dean would be my first choice still idealogically, for his opposition to the war. Yet even if Kerry did vote for it, I think I can get past that. I very much doubt he would have pursued it, at least not in the "let's shoot first and get our intelligence straight later" manner that is currently unfolding. I do still respond, though, when Dean points out (rightly?? I don't know) that the Dems in Congress really did roll over and play dead, and not just on the war! Health care, education, balanced budget, social security, JOBS JOBS JOBS! In the past week, it does seem like Kerry's going to fight, and hopefully he'll fight fair. Kerry followers, do you think he'll really stand up?

SD

I don't know. For starters, he hasn't won the nomination yet. He's leading in four Feb. 3 primary state polls. He's on fire where Dean was a month ago. I am shocked at the stuff I'm reading on Kerry web sites and listservers. People are pissed at Bush. These people are Republicans who voted for Bush in 2000. Will this translate into votes for Kerry in November should he win the nomination? We'll see.

Last edited:
verte76 said:
I am shocked at the stuff I'm reading on Kerry web sites and listservers. People are pissed at Bush. These people are Republicans who voted for Bush in 2000. Will this translate into votes for Kerry in November should he win the nomination? We'll see.

Wow, former Bush voters? What specifically were they pissed about? Do you have links? This is very interesting....

SD

Also, being the C-SPAN junkie that I am, at several Kerry rallies life-long republicans have come up to him telling him they'll vote for him. In fact, my brother in law's parents, TEXAS republicans, are considering voting for kerry too. I'm doing everything in my power to persuade them!

Sherry Darling said:

Wow, former Bush voters? What specifically were they pissed about? Do you have links? This is very interesting....

SD

There is a very interesting yahoogroup, Catholics for Kerry. I don't have the particular URL for this site handy but it's a pretty big group, and not that hard to find. Some of the notes posted are very interesting indeed. It's got its fair share of flame war notes and other things I hate, too. :mad: :madspit: Oh, well, that's politics.
They are pissed about Iraq. There was the statement by the Pope opposing the war. It's a non-binding thing, but still, it had an effect obviously. Last night at church the priest didn't say anything about Iraq but he gave out a leaflet with the church's position on a just war, which is interesting.

Last edited:
This was an interesting article I read today by Robert Scheer that put's his perspective on why so many people may be pissed off: (He pretty much say's it for me too..) In part it said: The administration's systematic abuse of the facts, including the fraudulent link of Hussein to 9/11, has been obvious for two years. That's why 23 former U.S. intelligence experts ? including several who quit in disgust ? have been willing to speak out in Robert Greenwald's shocking documentary "Uncovered." The story they tell is one of an administration that went to war for reasons that smack of empire-building, then constructed a false reality to sell it to the American people.
Read the full article here:
http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-scheer27jan27,1,991413.story

Back
Top Bottom