Yeah Kerry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2andPolitix

The Fly
My man won!!!!!!! My other man came in 2nd!!!!!!! On to New Hampshire and then to the White House!!!!

PS-did anyone else think that dean needed to be put in a straight jacket in a padded room? :huh:

This is a nice surprise! I like it! Yes, Howard Dean was way too histrionic for a presidential candidate. Someone has even mixed that, uh, outburst, with some music and sent it to me by e-mail. It's been on several of the Democratic lists. It's pretty funny.......but egads, what's next? Howard Dean on Reality TV's "Politics Tonight"?
(no offense to any Dean supporters, that's a lame joke):reject: :help: :banghead: :silent: :censored:

Last edited:
Dean will crush Kerry

Dean will crush the warmonger Kerry in New Hampshire and the rest of the country. Kerry and Edwards voted for the war, and Dean is going to continue to point this out, especially as more and more American soldiers die everyday. Kerry went to Vietnam, Vietnam never attacked America. Kerry voted for the war in Iraq, Iraq never attacked America. Kerry has a track record now of bad decisions and Americans are dying because of Kerry's poor decisions. Dean and the rest of America are going to hold Kerry and Edwards accountable for the murder of thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians and the murder of over 500 U.S. troops. Kerry is just a follower, not a leader, and Dean is going to crush him in New Hampshire and Dean will continue his lead over Kerry in Massachusetts also.

Hopefully, the first thing Dean does when he becomes President next year is to send Bush, Kerry, Edwards, and Lieberman over to the Hague to stand trial for war crimes and crimes against humanity. I would do anything to see Bush and Kerry sharing a jail cell together, they deserve it after they sent American kids over to Iraq to get slaughtered.

U2LipstickBoy said:
Kerry went to Vietnam, Vietnam never attacked America. Kerry voted for the war in Iraq, Iraq never attacked America. Kerry has a track record now of bad decisions

kerry's going to vietnam wasn't much of a decision, was it? wasn't he drafted? i'm a bit hesitant to call going to vietnam a decision with the connotation that he one day up and decided to go and kill some vietnamese because he is a war-monger, i'd take it more of a decision to go and fight because his country was in a war and needed defending.

now, as for iraq, nope - they didn't attack us, and yes, the way we started the war was completely unethical, overrrode the u.n, and made bush look power hungry, and it should reflect bad on kerry for voting for it (especially now that he's trying to run as a dove).

i hope dean can get his act straight, he could be such a good candidate if he wasn't so flip-flop in his personality all the time and if he didn't come off as a lunatic, that'd probably help him out all the more :p

first of all, after kerry returned to vietnam he went straight to congress and questioned the leaders of washington acknowledging that the war was wrong. second of all, he's NOT a warmonger. sure he voted for the war but so did MANY strong democrats, that doesn't make them warmongers. kerry has said time and time again that what bush has done with iraq, before during and after has been a disaster.

Dean's a good guy, I'm just not sure we should give him the nomination. It seems like maybe the pressure's a bit much........Lord knows that stuff would kill me. I'm not running for dog catcher.........maybe artist-in-residence.:wink:

at this point, democrats need to get the best chance they can and stand behind the candidate. i may not love kerry, but i know i don't like bush.

Lilly said:
at this point, democrats need to get the best chance they can and stand behind the candidate. i may not love kerry, but i know i don't like bush.

I'm not a fan of Bush's either. I started out earlier as sort of a Kerry supporter; I'm still getting e-mails from his campaign, even though I've been watching others since. The spoof on Dean's post-caucus histrionics came to me courtesy of a friend of mine who's in Clark's campaign. It's all over the Internet. It's pretty funny even though the software, uh, upgrade thing in it just about crashed my system. :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
Kerry won't win

Simple as this, Kerry voted for an illegal war, this illegal war has killed thousands of innocent Iraqis and over 500 American soldiers. We're going to hold Kerry responsible for the deaths of these 500 soldiers, along with holding Bush, Lieberman, and Edwards responsible. Kerry also kept his mouth shut in 1998 when Clinton was bombing Iraq without UN support. Kerry has a track record now of being a warmonger and involving america in unnecessary wars. We're not going to kick warmonger Bush out of office only to put warmonger Kerry into office. 500 Americans are dead thanks to Kerry not having any backbone.

Dean must win, out with Bush and out with Bush-Lites like Kerry and Edwards.

I know this thread is about John Kerry, not Dean, but the funniest thing I've read about Dean's bizarro behavior that night was from fmr Senator Alan Simpson - "He looked like a prairie dog on speed " :lol:

As for Kerry..he has some good qualities, but in my humble opinion he comes across as cold and aloof. And speaking for myself, I find it difficult to vote for someone like that. From what I've always heard, if you're a MA resident and need help w/ something, you go to Senator Kennedy, not Kerry. It's tough to even get a phone call returned from a Kerry staffer. For what that's worth

MrsSpringsteen said:
As for Kerry..he has some good qualities, but in my humble opinion he comes across as cold and aloof. And speaking for myself, I find it difficult to vote for someone like that. From what I've always heard, if you're a MA resident and need help w/ something, you go to Senator Kennedy, not Kerry. It's tough to even get a phone call returned from a Kerry staffer. For what that's worth

Yeah, I find it interesting that Kerry wouldn't win a popularity contest in Massachusetts, from what I hear from Democrats *and* Republicans in that state. People forget that Iowa is caucuses of Democratic party activists and not really an election. New Hampshire is the first election, and those people do not like to be told what to do with their votes. What Iowa did show was polls and pundits aren't as important as some think. I say to hell with them!

Last edited:
Re: Kerry won't win

U2LipstickBoy said:
Simple as this, Kerry voted for an illegal war, this illegal war has killed thousands of innocent Iraqis and over 500 American soldiers. We're going to hold Kerry responsible for the deaths of these 500 soldiers, along with holding Bush, Lieberman, and Edwards responsible. Kerry also kept his mouth shut in 1998 when Clinton was bombing Iraq without UN support. Kerry has a track record now of being a warmonger and involving america in unnecessary wars. We're not going to kick warmonger Bush out of office only to put warmonger Kerry into office. 500 Americans are dead thanks to Kerry not having any backbone.

Dean must win, out with Bush and out with Bush-Lites like Kerry and Edwards.

U2LipstickBoy said:
It was a great speech and a good way to kick off his side of the election year. He showed how the Patriot Act is working, and who it has helped capture. He spoke about having to pass an Amendment if states didn't uphold the sanctity of marriage, that was great to see. Bush also mentioned how he will continue to keep the government out of managing healthcare, another correct decision by him. Last night's speech shows why he is still ahead in all the public polls, he is a true leader. Let's hope that his State of the Union address next year is even more captivating and patriotic, from fighting for human rights overseas to upholding the institution of marriage at home, this man knows how to lead America.

Call me crazy, but I do question whether we have a troll on our hands...

Melon

Melon, and Olive, I'd said the same thing for several days now. If you look at his posts, some are "hard left" (stop the war monger Bush) and some are hard right (let's let AIDS rubbish die, that's the cure). I also suspect he's got at least one other identity. I've PMed Sicy and she wrote me back right away. :)

For what that's worth,
SD

i don't see kerry as aloof, i have met the man. i also correspond with one of his top advisors who's a great guy. kerry's wife is AWESOME. i've met her and at a different event my mom met her and we were both blown away. not to mention the fact that al sharpton wants to party with her (from the 'rock the vote' debate). i'm not going to force my opinions down y'alls throats i'm just putting positive info out there.

"It appeared to me like he [Dean] was a guy who had lost his mind, and I don't know if 'president' and 'maniacal' are supposed to be words that go hand in hand."
-words of wisdom from a 2-time NY Times Best Selling Author... and former WWF Champion Mick Foley...
jack1.jpg

bang bang... :wink:

Last edited:
U2andPolitix said:
i don't see kerry as aloof, i have met the man. i also correspond with one of his top advisors who's a great guy. kerry's wife is AWESOME. i've met her and at a different event my mom met her and we were both blown away. not to mention the fact that al sharpton wants to party with her (from the 'rock the vote' debate). i'm not going to force my opinions down y'alls throats i'm just putting positive info out there.

OK, good to hear that. You always hear bits and pieces about a famous person, but obviously we don't *know* these people. They're "someone I saw on TV". I was a big fan of Theresa's first husband Senator Heinz of Pennsylvania. She must have good taste in men. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom