ww2 pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
ya, please give me some links to places that show alot of pictures, particularly of...

1) german high command

2) nazi attrocities (those two words sound like they were born together)

ive seen lots, but id like to find some real in-depth stuff.

thank you.

40 looks and one damned reply.

thanks popkid. our library in town is small and ive read nearly all the books on the subject.

those pictures make me ill

hey zoomer...i remember you had a thread in zc that sort of related to this. i'm at school now, so i spose i could look and see what we've got in our library and scan it...i'll check that out here for you.

umm...otherwise....i'll poke around the internet and see what i can find for you...ok?

those pictures make me weep

Sure your museum has better pictures or something, db?

I don't know where to look on the web. I usually search thru xrefer when I need info.

foray

hey!

thank you all very much, i will look into it popkid.

as for documentaries: our library and video stores dont have anthing good.

:|

thanks again.

Hey bear, one thing I guess you have probably already done is look at web sites of war memorials.

Last year, we went to Canberra and visited their war memorial of WWI and WWII for the Aussie troops. The actual place was that combination of fascinating and heartbreaking. I'm sure all others around the world would be the same. Thing is, these places usually have fantastic resource centres attached. I'll do a search later and see if I can find their website, but you may know of some memorials in your country or others that will have the same kind of thing.

Best thing about them is their factual info, rather than interpretations of war etc.

A good starting point with lots of potential to find other helpful sites regarding information you're looking for:

http://www.wiesenthal.com/mot/

On a side note, the Museum of Tolerance (in Los Angeles) is one of the most incredible places I've visited. It was heartbreaking, informative, and the amount of resources just inside the museum were mind boggling. I haven't gotten the chance to dig through everything offered on that site, but like I said above, this is a good starting point. Good luck!

Zoomerang96 said:
ya, please give me some links to places that show alot of pictures, particularly of...

1) german high command

2) nazi attrocities (those two words sound like they were born together)

ive seen lots, but id like to find some real in-depth stuff.

thank you.

Try

http://www.nizkor.org

Back
Top Bottom