WTF possessed that woman to beat up her child like that?????!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
This morning on GMTV, British TV, had a live link to LA where the reporter showed the CCTV footage of the mother beating her daughter almost endlessly earlier that day in a car-lot............mum and I were like :shocked:................(yea I was pissed on before for opening a thread similar to this, dont do it again, Im curious on responses).......anyway, yes as we all know a lot of this goes on all over the place behind closed doors, but like, if she just so happens to see herself caught, shes BOUND to hide, right? That poor child............I heard LA police are huntin before she damages the kid...........................oh my g*d, watchin her punch, beat, kick........etc...........one of the most hated woman in LA now......

sure sure, a lot of parents prob nearly lose their temper, even show a bit, from frustration, but that is crossing the line!

some of u will prob put it down to overstress from frustration...I duuno........its no excuse though.........

:shocked: is all I can say, no surprise like, but :shocked: at seeing it caught........

Last edited:
Well, I dont think you have to be a mother yourself to have a valid and legitimate opinion on this for starters. I haven't seen what you are talking about here maddie, but you are unfortunately right when you say it happens, and too often too. Once is too often after all.
I think regardless of exterior circumstances it is going too far. Everybody loses their temper. We all get pushed to our absolute limit and no doubt at all, a child is best equipped to push you as far as they possibly can. It is never EVER justified to beat a child as you describe this woman as doing. Never. It goes beyond losing control. It goes beyond losing your temper. Sudden rage that most people feel when they are pushed to their limit in most 'healthy' reactionary situations is extremely short lived. I expect this video shows this woman engaging in this appalling behaviour for a few minutes? The violence you posted about her actions is not that of a mother who has lost her temper. It indeed shows a lot more going on. It is extreme abuse and can never be tolerated.
I will with hold opinion on smacking etc. I dont think it falls under the same category. But beating your child? Its disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. The mentally well and stable do not beat children.

Mum said, (because it was repeated at least three times during the program), 'Come and see this quick!' AngelaHarlem I just ran in and in those few seconds saw the woman trying to put her in the back seat and (probably) belt her in, but she started slapping her and then looked like she was punching her rapidly several times on body or face!

Mum said just previous the mother had her on the floor (of the car I presume) beating her hard......probably using hard whacks with her hand or fist.........

CCTV never zoomed in, but it was close enough.

*edited for typo

Last edited:
thats awful......do you know if the mother had like a mental problem or something coz thats one of the only things i can can think of that would make a mother hit her child.....

It actually happened in South Bend Indiana...aparently the mother tried to return to some merchandise to a store and was denied. The store was suspicious and had security cameras follow her to the parking lot. I think they were trying to get her license plate number when she started beating the 4 year old girl.

My guess is she was mad because the store wouldn't take back the allegedly stolen items so she took it out on the little girl.

The CCTV camera was able to get her license plate number and contacted her family, who were very uncooperative. They have her name and have now arrested her sister, who was in the car and did nothing to stop the beating.

I can only imagine what that poor kid goes through at home :sad:

I hope they catch that :censored: and treat her the same way she treated her own child. I could not believe the way she not only slapped her but she pulled her hair and then finished up by punching her in the head 3 times with a closed fist. :mad:

My sister works for the Department of Human Services, and I can assure you, I've heard way worse than this. It's very sad, and the reasons behind it are complex. I guess the best the average person can do is report any isolated incidents to the authorities. Child abuse of all kinds is a big problem. :sad:

On my local news last night it showed this. It is really bad. They got the license plate number off the car. The authorities went to the house and the person who owns the car is not the evil doer on the tape. The person would not give any information.

The child needs to be removed, the parent needs counseling and to be closely monitored if this child is in her custody again.

Wow...I haven't seen this footage, but...that's just wrong! How in the world can a mother do that to her own child?

Sadly she's not alone...I know some people I talk to online who live in abusive households. What has happened to the world? What is up with parents beating up their children? I don't understand it.

:no: :mad: :tsk: :banghead: :(

Angela

Hey maddie she's irish. And they say she's a tinker, or wha they are calling her over here, a Irish Travaler, or what we know them as tinkers. She has lived in many a places and even talks with a bit of a accent. They had this one cunt on saying that all Irish Travelers are theives. It gives Irish a bad name becasue we all know that all Irish are'nt like that.

Oh and hey how about those Armagh boys!!!....Anyone of who beats Kerry are allright to me. Up the North...!!!

Bonoman...........yes, Irish Travellers do still exist, have done for years and years, we had them up beside Central Train Station in their caravans on wastleland for oh, good couple of years or so, til they were kicked off.........prob do thieve ya know....but sure in South lots do still exist.........

as for ur second paragraph, I dont have a fuking clue what ur one about......must be a rant u just went on.....or somethin

i saw it , it happens , i truly belive she's a good mother and a good girl , was not lucky , caught on tape on her bad day , i'm sure she's sorry and will never do this again , Monsters are who showed this everywhere on TV with fury of fucking vampires , and now they want to destroy the family , child's future etc etc ,

Bono's American Wife said:
It actually happened in South Bend Indiana...aparently the mother tried to return to some merchandise to a store and was denied. The store was suspicious and had security cameras follow her to the parking lot. I think they were trying to get her license plate number when she started beating the 4 year old girl.

My guess is she was mad because the store wouldn't take back the allegedly stolen items so she took it out on the little girl.
thanks for clarifying...i was thinking there was another one that happened in LA and i was like :scratch:

anyway, i guess someone interviewed her or something, cuz on the radio this morning they were saying she's so sorry, and is basically almost surprised and mad that people are juding her for this 15 seconds of footage. :rolleyes:

she said she didn't take out the fact that she couldn't return 2 pairs of blue jeans on her child. they (it was a kohl's) also said she was angry when she left the store.

yeah. she didn't take it out on her child. suuuuuuure. :tsk:

Last edited:
pinkfloyd said:
i saw it , it happens , i truly belive she's a good mother and a good girl , was not lucky , caught on tape on her bad day , i'm sure she's sorry and will never do this again , Monsters are who showed this everywhere on TV with fury of fucking vampires , and now they want to destroy the family , child's future etc etc ,

a good mother will never beat the living shit out of her child. come on...thats bullshit. i am a mother of a six year old. i would take my own life before doing something so terrible to my baby!!
overreaction on my part? no. i can't fathom someone doing something so horrific to their child, and then someone else making some lame-ass "mother had a bad day" excuse. I have bad days all the time! do i beat my child senseless?? No!!

Last edited:
nellie said:

a good mother will never beat the living shit out of her child. come on...thats bullshit. i am a mother of a six year old. i would take my own life before doing something so terrible to my baby!!
overreaction on my part? no. i can't fathom someone doing something so horrific to their child, and then someone else making some lame-ass "mother had a bad day" excuse. I have bad days all the time! do i beat my child senseless?? No!!

Exactly how I feel about it nellie. This is not normal and most mothers would never dream of doing this to a child, no matter how mad you are or what a bad day you've had. This woman is a petty criminal who was pissed because she couldn't get a refund and her daughter was easier to hit than the store clerk. I would bet money its not the first time she's done it and if she wouldn't have been caught, probably not the last.

And what about her sister, the little girl's aunt, who sat by and did nothing to stop this? That alone tells me that this was normal behavior in that family. If I saw my sister hitting my niece like that, I would do everything I could to stop her, including calling the police. Bad day or whatever...the mother needs to learn self control.

:yes: i've heard she's also pleading innocent now.

the way i see it, having a child should give you some maturity and get a better hold on your temper. it doesn't automatically come with the birth of your kid, but you should love your child so much you wouldn't want to do anything to hurt it, etc. i think this should be a factor in determining whether or not this lady should have the right to raise her daughter.

that girl is NOT a good mother.

she needs major help...

I hope she gets jail time.

The kid will be better off........

I don't why that story has gone on international TV. The same thing would have happened in France, Germany or South Africa and no one would have cared

oktobergirl said:
that girl is NOT a good mother.

she needs major help...

I hope she gets jail time.

The kid will be better off........

Well to destroy child , mother , and family future ...right

NOT ........:down: :down: :barf: :coocoo:

Holy John said:
I don't why that story has gone on international TV. The same thing would have happened in France, Germany or South Africa and no one would have cared

maybe, its because some countries are not all that verbal about child abuse in the home, where here in the u.s....we just don't put up with that shit. i don't know, just a theory i have. either way, it should not have happened. no child should ever have to be beaten...not even at the hand of his/her own mother.

pinkfloyd said:

i dont understand what your saying here...maybe you can explain more in detail how the baby will have any kind of future with that woman. am i missing something here? she beat her child! and she's probably done it before! if she's not stopped, she will end up killing the baby!

pinkfloyd said:

So staying with a mother who beats you because she's had a bad day is a better alternative? Do you know how many children are seriously injured or even killed each year because no one wants to step in and do something about it?

If this woman had hit another adult like that, she would be looking at jail time...why should the law treat her any differently because the person she assaulted was her own child?

If she doesn't value her little girl enough to know its wrong to beat her, than she is the one who ruined the child's future, her own future and her family's future.

nellie said:

maybe, its because some countries are not all that verbal about child abuse in the home, where here in the u.s....we just don't put up with that shit. i don't know, just a theory i have. either way, it should not have happened. no child should ever have to be beaten...not even at the hand of his/her own mother.

Well it is a theory, because in those cases here, if that happens, you can be sure that the media will talk about it. They won't make the mother a kind of "superstar" by getting her on interview on national television and they'll probably won't even show the tapes (that's private stuff), but they will talk about it. Publicity will go along with it, but I think in that case people are making it a huge story because she got actually caught on tape. If she hadn't been caught on tape, we'd probably be talking about Arafat lying in his ruins or the rest of the world getting srewed-up at the moment, than a particular case requiring a particular treatment, in one particular country (now being the US)... I mean, this story has gone way out of control. While RDI, Quebec's continuous news TV was showing Arafat circled in his Government building (now a ruin) with interviews and analysts, on CNN they were showing an interview with the mother. Is that pertinent information or easy little opportunism ? I'd take the second option.

Holy John said:

Well it is a theory, because in those cases here, if that happens, you can be sure that the media will talk about it. They won't make the mother a kind of "superstar" by getting her on interview on national television and they'll probably won't even show the tapes (that's private stuff), but they will talk about it. Publicity will go along with it, but I think in that case people are making it a huge story because she got actually caught on tape. If she hadn't been caught on tape, we'd probably be talking about Arafat lying in his ruins or the rest of the world getting srewed-up at the moment, than a particular case requiring a particular treatment, in one particular country (now being the US)... I mean, this story has gone way out of control. While RDI, Quebec's continuous news TV was showing Arafat circled in his Government building (now a ruin) with interviews and analysts, on CNN they were showing an interview with the mother. Is that pertinent information or easy little opportunism ? I'd take the second option.

well, there will always be media exploiting any story that the public will find news-worthy. i haven't seen the footage of what happened to the little girl, and i heard they were showing it every hour on the hour, now that is a bit excessive, i'll admit that, but still...the media helped bring that woman in. it helped bring that child back safe.

nellie said:

well, there will always be media exploiting any story that the public will find news-worthy. i haven't seen the footage of what happened to the little girl, and i heard they were showing it every hour on the hour, now that is a bit excessive, i'll admit that, but still...the media helped bring that woman in. it helped bring that child back safe.

Yes...on top of that, it brings attention to a problem which many people may not be so aware of...that of child abuse. Although there may be other world matters at hand, it's foolish to ignore problems here in this country. I was shocked at the footage, horrified that someone could do this to their own child. Maybe the intense media coverage will show what a problem this truly is, and may (in some way) prevent other instances of abuse.

walkon11 said:

Yes...on top of that, it brings attention to a problem which many people may not be so aware of...that of child abuse. Although there may be other world matters at hand, it's foolish to ignore problems here in this country. I was shocked at the footage, horrified that someone could do this to their own child. Maybe the intense media coverage will show what a problem this truly is, and may (in some way) prevent other instances of abuse.

Thats what I was trying to say, thank you. very well said:up:

The media needs one or 2 stories like this every now and then to bring the public's attention to these things. I dont think its more or less cared about in many countries either. Its how much publicity it gets that can change a perception.
I'm no fan of the media, but in situations like this, I am glad for what they do, even if it is exploiting for their own gains. Without the media there is ignorance.

Anyone notice that she bears a striking resemblance to Leonardo DiCaprio?

toogood.jpg
dicaprio.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom