Would you like to bomb Iran?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would like to send the mullahs to hell. Bombing Iran is not the answer but actively supporting the Free Iran movement is.

FREE IRAN!!

Effin' hilarious.

However, young Democratic superstar Barack Obama thinks surgical missile strikes against Iran and Pakistan's nuclear facilities might be necessary, fwiw.

This thread jut makes me feel sick!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
It makes me feel even more sick since I'm ½ iranian!!

"Would you LIKE to bomb iran"!!?
What a horrible question!!
It's not anyones right to assume it's fun bombing other countries!!
"Yeah, why not!??"
It's not right to bomb ANY (I reapeat: ANY!!) Country!!
Iran would become like Iraq or Afghanistan!!!
Misery,killing,suffering,(even more) hatred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I've made my point!!!
OR ELSE I'LL BE BACK!!

HAVEN'T U2 MADE YOU GUYS THINK TWICE ABOUT WAR AND KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE??
FOR WHAT? PEACE? FOR LIBERTY???!!!

Just to make sure I'll post some U2 lyric lines:
Heaven on Earth
We need it now
I'm sick of all of this
Hanging around
Sick of sorrow
Sick of pain
Sick of hearing again and again
That there's gonna be
Peace on Earth

October, talk getting nowhere.
November, December; remember
We just started again.

And today the millions cry
We eat and drink while tomorrow they die.

They don't talk about the glory of killing for the revolution
What's the glory in taking a man from his bed
And gunning him down in front of his wife and children
Where's the glory in that?

Where's the glory in bombing a rememberence day parade
Of old age pensioners their medals taken out and polished up for the day
Where's the glory in that?

To leave them dying, or crippled for life, or dead
Under the rubble of the revolution
That the majority of the people in my country
Don't want

No more

Last edited:
Not personally, no.

Oh, do you mean...do I wish the armed personnel of my country or a coalition of countries would bomb Iran?

:hmm:

The answer is still no.

The_Edge89,

Pull out your dictionary and look up the word "satire".

It might not be "the last thing anyone needs" for long, if Iran ends up getting nukes (they are YEARS further along than Saddam ever was, and might have operable nukes in a year or two).

I'm not saying go in before we have firm evidence they have nuclear weapons (and certainly not before Iraq is stable), but it might end up being more necessary than the invasion of Iraq. I have no reluctance in saying that the Iranian government would have very little problem dropping a few nukes on the US.

North Korea is an extremely imperative concern though. The better question would be "Would you like to bomb North Korea?"

I have a feeling that the Israeli Air Force probably won't let it get that far in Iran anyways. A couple well placed Hellcat missiles will take care of the whole Iranian program. :up:

I agree, shart, I'm not a pacifist either. I used to be, actually, but Bosnia changed me. Then I supported the actions in both Kosovo and Afghanistan, but I had major questions about Iraq, and attended anti-war demonstrations before the war. I don't see what anyone would gain by bombing Iran, so I'm against it.

I should make it clear by my post that I'm not saying by any means that we need to use force in Iran immediately.

I just mean that we should start the diplomatic process NOW so it won't turn into a mess like Iraq did with allies and such.

DaveC said:
I should make it clear by my post that I'm not saying by any means that we need to use force in Iran immediately.

I just mean that we should start the diplomatic process NOW so it won't turn into a mess like Iraq did with allies and such.

"A couple well placed Hellcat missiles will take care of the whole Iranian program."

That´s not very diplomatic. No offense intended, I didn´t say you have to be diplomatic..

"I have no reluctance in saying that the Iranian government would have very little problem dropping a few nukes on the US."

Um, maybe you should quote Iranian governmental sources for that? Or was that just a Cheney-like assumption?

You took my "Hellcat missiles" comment out of context. I merely said that I don't think the IAF would let the Iranians get operational nuclear missiles, and that they'd drop a few missiles from some fighter jets to take out the Iranian nuclear program. They did the exact same thing with Saddam.

And yes, that was a Cheney-like assumption, but an assumption based upon Iranian actions recently in being extremely belligerent with their weapons program, basing missile distances on "ability to hit Israel".

Oh my God, you guys totally missed my point. I named the thread this way because of the website's sense of humor that I thought I might share with you guys.

Hell, no: I wouldn't like to bomb Iran or wouldn't want anyone else to bomb Iran. I completely forgot I had made this post because I was just sharing Maddox's sense of humor because I think he's hilarious. That was it. The whole point of this thread was the sense of humor in that website.

I'm sorry

It's not an 'if' but a 'when and by who'.

Just waiting for the US election, and then whoever is US President, either the US or Israel will do it. There's no doubt about it.

Klaus said:
Earnie Shavers
GB, France and Germany work for a diplomatic solution at the moment.
I hope their (definetly not easy) work will lead to success

As do I.

But don't be surprised if the IAF takes this into their own hands. I'd be uneasy too if I was an Israeli, and an entire hostile nation based their missile ranges on "ability to hit Israel".

Back
Top Bottom