Would it have made any difference?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Butterscotch

War Child
If Rumsfeld had quit (or been fired) prior to the elections do you still think that the results would have been the same? It looks like a lot of people lost their jobs as scapegoats for his policies. Some of those ousted had voted against the war! At least now he realizes he was very wrong, and everyone hates him. But back to the original question, what do you think?

The results would have been the same. If the GOP thought they could maintain a majority by getting rid of Rummy first believe me they would have.

For the life of me I cannot understand why the firing of Rummy wasn't the "October Surprise" everyone was talking about. It would of made a huge difference in the election which immediately makes me suspicious. Did certain forces want this outcome??? George H.W. Bush perhaps??? Somethings going on behind the scenes that we know nothing about. We have not heard the last from this bunch of characters- this I assure you!!!

Harry Vest said:
For the life of me I cannot understand why the firing of Rummy wasn't the "October Surprise" everyone was talking about. It would of made a huge difference in the election which immediately makes me suspicious. Did certain forces want this outcome??? George H.W. Bush perhaps??? Somethings going on behind the scenes that we know nothing about. We have not heard the last from this bunch of characters- this I assure you!!!

I dont think so. I think Bush just needed to regain some momentum (however much he had to begin with) As to gaining that momentum before the election by firing Rumsfeld...I dont think he knew that he would lose badly, no.

Well, people said that the gas price manipulation by Bush was a conspiracy theory, yet if my stations are any indication, it's risen 9 cents in the less than a week since the election! :yikes:

I would say it may have made a difference in the closer races. I thought that if he had been fired the first week in October, it would have showed that the administration was seeking a different direction.

I don't think it would have made any difference in the election results if Rummy had quit in October. The damage had been done with the botched invasion of Iraq and it was time to take Congress away from the Republicans in the eyes of the American people.

Back
Top Bottom