World Trade Center: Anatomy of the Collapse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DoctorGonzo

War Child
I thought a few people here might be interested in this:

link

Explore the history of how the twin towers were built, survived one major terrorist attack, and then came down seven years later when the second attack occurred. CGI graphics, eye witnesses and expert interviews unravel the events of September 11th.

This was on last night, but I didn't find out about it until today. It will be rerun at 6pm EST on Sunday, February 10th.

I'm really glad that we are finally beginning to understand how the building itself responded to the attack.

Thanks for the info, Doctor_Gonzo; my wife watched it but then wished she had taped it, so now we ahve the re-play date.

~U2Alabama

Yeah, thanks for the heads-up.

I've heard that the original architect/designer has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize because of his design survived the attack long enough for many to escape.

I actually don't think he should win the award, particularly considering the post-9/11 work of those like Bush, Guliani, and Blair. But, still, a fascinating subject.

This was a fascinating show. Really explained a lot about how the towers went down - and frankly I was surprised that they were built that way. If you guys get a chance to see it definitely watch it.

I thought after the 9/11 attacks and watching the towers go down, that it seemed to perfect of a collapse to not have some explosives, etc. in there helping it along but now it makes perfect sense.

Peace

That was such a good show. But I thought it concentrated too much on the "if they would have done this and this, the collapse could have been prevented." It happened. That's it. We can't prevent it now. Just shut up.

------------------
90% lazy. 10% something else.

Judoooooooo Chop!

That was such a good show. But I thought it concentrated too much on the "if they would have done this and this, the collapse could have been prevented." It happened. That's it. We can't prevent it now. Just shut up.

People are still going to build high-rises, we need to understand how they respond to damage and how we can design them better. The only way to do that is to examine what went wrong.

Yes, that program was broadcasted over here too, I think it was over a month ago and I found it very interesting.
See it if you get a chance!

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

[This message has been edited by MissZooropa (edited 02-20-2002).]

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:
People are still going to build high-rises, we need to understand how they respond to damage and how we can design them better. The only way to do that is to examine what went wrong.

I know that, I just thought that in a program that was to be focusing on how it collapsed it sure focused on the preventables that were not prevented. I guess it's like watching a show on the Titanic (not that I would, ick), where this and this and this could have been done, but didn't. I just get irked by it after a while.

------------------
90% lazy. 10% something else.

Judoooooooo Chop!

Back
Top Bottom