world junior hockey championships

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
i don't know how many others here will have had any idea this event was even taking place but i watched it all the way through and found it thoroughly exciting.
well russia played a dirty game all the way through and it ended up paying off for them. the gold medal game was a great one though i still question russia's antics.
my canadian's played well but not well enough evidently.

------------------
you can stuff your sorries in a sack mister

when was it on?!?!? i would have loved to watch it
frown.gif

my dad used to play in juniors i think, or at least he played for RPI in the states and for some Canadiens affiliated thing up in Montreal. I've always loved that kind of hockey.
you watch the frozen four in the states Koba? BC last year?? man that rocked especially after seeing them cry their eyes out previous years
biggrin.gif

anyway, what happened in the championships? it was canada-russia, im assuming
gosh ive been such a bad hockey fan lately
frown.gif

Originally posted by BabyGrace:
frown.gif

my dad used to play in juniors i think, or at least he played for RPI in the states and for some Canadiens affiliated thing up in Montreal. I've always loved that kind of hockey.
you watch the frozen four in the states Koba? BC last year?? man that rocked especially after seeing them cry their eyes out previous years
biggrin.gif

frown.gif

Where is the frozen four this year? I think It is in St. Paul, Minn. right?

frown.gif

biggrin.gif

frown.gif

well the wjhc started on christmas day and ended today with the gold medal game between canada and russia. canada blew 2-0 and 3-1 leads to lose 5-4 to the russian squad.

as for my dislike of this russian team, though the game itself was exciting, they played a very dirty tournament. their star played his first game back today from a 2 game suspension for an ugly incident which saw him wail away on the back of a swiss players head as the guy tried to get away.
as canada pressed for a tying goal in the dying seconds the russian goaltender could be seen trying to dislodge the net, a pretty underhanded way to ensure victory though it had no effect on the outcome of the game.
i don't follow ncaa quite as much as i do the chl leagues and obviously the nhl.

we don't get too much ncaa hockey up here though, so all of my efforts go into following the 3 chl leagues and of course the nhl. i have a couple of canadian friends who are in ncaa golf programs who tell me the hockey is of very good quality though
smile.gif

------------------

they sound like the Dallas Stars koba
biggrin.gif

as you may have seen, I dont really follow Juniors. did they show it on tv where you are?

zonelistener...I have no idea where they're being played, but I think it's U of Michigan, Michigan State, North Dakota, and Boston College that made it to the frozen four this year. personally, I'm rooting for BC again...I was talking to a swimmer up there and she said that last year when they won, the whole entire campus went nuts, as I can very well believe. they're such a hockey school and their rink is gorgeous.
if theres anyone i dont want to win, its prolly UofM because they have really good football so they dont need it, plus I know two boys who go there and they're both stuck up. plus they've won it too many times anyway!!
biggrin.gif

but anyway, back to JWHC. sorry i didnt see it koba

[This message has been edited by BabyGrace (edited 01-04-2002).]

did they show it on tv where you are?

around the clock coverage on tsn. it's an annual tradition for me: wake up christmas morning, watch canada's 1st game of the wjhc, then open the presents around noon.
it's funny i work with the local cable company in the marketing office when i'm not at school and we have a little kiosk set up in a few of the malls around ottawa-well i was talking to one of the guys who was there today(i of course had the day off
smile.gif
) and he was telling me he had the game on the tv's there and the mall just stopped in the 3rd period, everybody watched.

oh well we'll get the russian's back in slc.

------------------

that's it, I'm living in Canada!
biggrin.gif

hey BabyGracce...there is 15 1/2 hours of hockey on the cbc today. they started talkin' at noon, are showing the ottawa-toronto game at4, then montreal-calgary, then vancouver-edmonton, then some more talk then the game from '84 when the oilers won their first cup.
happy hockey day canada.
hockey rocks!

Back
Top Bottom