Women should remove pants: Swazi King

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Women should remove pants: Swazi King
Swaziland's absolute monarch has singled out women wearing trousers as the cause of the world's ills in a state radio sermon that also condemns human rights as an "abomination before God".

"The Bible says curse be unto a woman who wears pants, and those who wear their husband's clothes. That is why the world is in such a state today," King Mswati said.The Times of Swaziland reports the monarch, who reigns supreme in the landlocked country of 1 million where opposition parties are banned, went on to criticise the human rights movement.

"What rights? God created people, and He gave them their roles in society," the King said.

"You cannot change what God has created. This is an abomination before God."

Women on the streets of capital Mbabane are not impressed.

"The king says I am the cause of the world's problems because of my outfit," said Thob'sile Dlamini.

"Never mind terrorism, government corruption, poverty and disease, it's me and my pants. I reject that."

King Mswati is Africa's last absolute monarch.

He is currently married to nine wives, with a wedding pending for wife number 10, and has chosen an additional fiancee after reviewing videos of topless maidens performing a traditional Reed Dance ceremony.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s868844.htm

And to think, I had the pleasure of doing body guard work for this guy when he was in Boston. He seemed like a righteous person at the time. At the time, he did not have 9 wives though....HEHEH One is enough for me.....LOL

Who am I to disagree with the Bible or question God.

All womerm will remove their pants when entering my home.

thank you King Mswati, great wisdom giver

Damn, what a Neanderthal. That's right forget poverty disease etc, etc, women wearing pants are causing all of the problems. :mad: :mad: :censored: :censored: :scream: :scream:

martha said:
You, we should do some research and see how things are when women rule countries.

:|

That was quick.

I can guarantee you that in the case of the U.S. and Europe, things would not be much different. I am sorry to say that I have seldom seen a woman in a political position in a democracy who did her job better than a man - Maggie Thatcher was one of the worst English leaders, in my opinion.

:down: to King Mswati. Duh.

Last edited:
whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

I can guarantee you that in the case of the U.S. and Europe, things would not be much different. I am sorry to say that I have seldom seen a woman in a political position in a democracy who did her job better than a man - Maggie Thatcher was one of the worst English leaders, in my opinion.

That's one.

I'm talking about the complete control that men have. Top down, bottom up.

Tell me a few examples then. I know some women who are in high political positions and who act just the same.

To play the politics game includes lobbying, licking the *** of certain economical circles and military. To imply that a woman wouldn?t play the game the same way, is unrealistic at the very least.

I admit there are females on this planet who would play the game differently, but they would never rise to those positions. Just like males.

Tell me a few examples then.

I think the point is there are no such examples.

Of course, I could be wrong.

anitram said:

I think the point is there are no such examples.

That's exactly my point. And the only example given of a woman who ran a government was Thatcher. Bhutto tried in Pakistan, but the male-dominated culture there pitched a major hissy-fit and it was over. And even then it was one woman, not a group of them with control of the government/culture.

My point is this: Ridiculous scapegoating and supression of women is just a symptom of the deeper problems that a have resulted from a male-dominated world culture.

And no man can tell me that women would do as shitty a job as men have done.

martha said:

That's exactly my point. And the only example given of a woman who ran a government was Thatcher. Bhutto tried in Pakistan, but the male-dominated culture there pitched a major hissy-fit and it was over. And even then it was one woman, not a group of them with control of the government/culture.

My point is this: Ridiculous scapegoating and supression of women is just a symptom of the deeper problems that a have resulted from a male-dominated world culture.

And no man can tell me that women would do as shitty a job as men have done.

You are misinformed, martha. There are several examples of women who ran a country. Bhutto didn?t only try in Pakistan, she was a prime minister twice. But there are many more examples.

Corazon Aquino President, The Philippines (1986-92)
Benazir Bhutto Prime Minister, Pakistan (1988-90, 1993-97)
Kim Campbell Prime Minister, Canada (1993) Chair, CWWL
Violeta B. de Chamorro President, Nicaragua (1990-96)
Dame Eugenia Charles Prime Minister, Dominica (1980-95)
Tansu ?iller Prime Minister, Turkey (1993-96)
Helen Clark Prime Minister, New Zealand (1999-Present)
Edith Cresson Prime Minister, France (1991-92)
Ruth Dreifuss President, Switzerland (1998-99)
Vigd?s Finnbogad?ttir President, Iceland (1980-96)
Pamela Gordon Premier, Bermuda (1997-1998)
Tarja Halonen President, Finland (Spring 2000 - present)
Sheikh Hasina Prime Minister, Bangladesh (1996-present)
Janet Jagan President, Guyana (1997-1999)
Chandrika Kumaratunga President, Sri Lanka (1994 - present)
Maria Liberia-Peters Prime Minister, Netherlands Antilles (1984-86, 1988-94)
Mary McAleese President, Ireland (1997-present)
Maria de Lourdes Pintasilgo Prime Minister, Portugal (1979-80)
Kazimiera Prunskiene Prime Minister, Lithuania (1990-91)
Mary Robinson President, Ireland (1990-97)
Jenny Shipley Prime Minister, New Zealand (1997-1999)
Jennifer Smith Premier, Bermuda (1998-present)
Hanna Suchocka Prime Minister, Poland (1992-93)
Vaira Vike-Freiberga President, Latvia (1999-present)
Begum Khaleda Zia Prime Minister, Bangladesh (1991-96)

Now, if you take a look at the political history of those women, some did accomplish great things in my eyes, others didn?t.

For example, 1988 Benazir Bhutto was sworn in as Prime Minister of Pakistan, becoming the first woman to head the government of an Islamic State. In the preceding decade of political struggle, Ms. Bhutto was arrested on numerous occasions; in all she spent nearly 6 years either in prison or under detention for her dedicated leadership of the then opposition Pakistan Peoples Party. Throughout the years in opposition, she pledged to transform Pakistani society by focusing attention on programs for health, social welfare and education for the underprivileged.

Since assuming the office of Prime Minister, Benazir Bhutto has emphasized the need to heal past wounds and to put an end to the divisions in Pakistani society - including reducing discrimination between men and women. Ms. Bhutto has launched a nationwide program of health and education reform.

In Canada in March 1993, after the resignation of Brian Mulroney, Ms. Campbell announced her candidacy for the leadership of the Progressive Conservative Party. She was elected its leader at a national convention on June 13, 1993. The Right Honourable Kim Campbell was sworn in as Canada's nineteenth, and first female, prime minister on June 25, 1993. Internationally, she participated in major meetings including those of the Commonwealth, NATO and G-7. She was critisized for being a fan of the policies of the IMF, on the other hand she led an anti-corruption program in Canada.

The first woman prime minister of Turkey served from 25 Jun 1993 to 7 Mar 1996. Born in Istanbul, ?iller is the daughter of a provincial governor. After serving as minister of Economics since 1991 with Demirel and crediting herself as a diehard supporter of the monetarist policies, on 13 Jun 1993 ?iller was elected by the DYP as party leader and prime minister succeeding Demirel, who had just been inaugurated in the presidential office. The victory of the Islamite Refah Party (RP) in the 1995 elections forced ?iller and her rival Mesut Yilmaz, of the also rightist Motherland Party (ANAP), to forge a "front of laicism" which would preserve the pro-Western and pro-market policies.

Strong-natured and a woman of action, ?iller is sometimes called the "Smile of Steel", referring to her performance during the military operations against Kurdish PKK or the battle against inflation, regardless of the unsuccessful results obtained on both fronts. Tansu Ciller launched a six-week-long invasion into Northern Iraq to rout out the PKK. The war against the dissident Kurds continued with an obsessive ruthlessness. Promises made by Tansu Ciller to eliminate torture have not been kept. To sum up the Turks attitude toward the Kurds, Tansu Ciller said, "Turkey has no Kurdish problem, only a terrorist problem".

Ciller, together with the fascist party MHP ("Grey Wolves") has been the spokeswoman of an influential, Mafia-like network of right-wing gangsters linked to parts of the state apparatus and business and political establishment. When it was revealed that under her government irregular special forces, possibly including the Hezbollah, were illegally financed to fight the PKK, Ciller reacted by saying she had done no wrong and would do the same again.

In France, Ms Cresson is no stranger to controversy; her uncompromising leadership style made her one of France's least popular prime minister's during her brief tenure in office, from 1991-1992. Taking up the challenge, she said: "To get the country moving it is necessary to let off some bombs. I shall commence the bombardment."

Ms. Cresson was found guilty of not reporting failures in a youth training programme from which vast sums went missing. She was also criticised for showing favouritism in hiring her dentist as an AIDS expert in 1995. The man was later judged to be unqualified and his work was deemed to be grossly deficient.

Ms Cresson, often compared with Margaret Thatcher, has become notorious for a string of controversial statements, including calling her cabinet "creeps". She once said one in four British men was homosexual. Before taking up her post as prime minister, Ms Cresson had gained cabinet experience handling trade, European affairs and agriculture. While agriculture minister she failed to get on with France's farmers who called her the "perfumed one" while she returned the compliment calling them, "conservatives and woman-haters".

I won?t take the time to single out the scandals of every woman of the above mentioned. Fact is that there were good female leaders, but also very bad ones.

If you still think that women would be better rulers because they are women, so be it. I think you are on the wrong track.

When you say "No man can tell me that women would do as shitty a job as men have done", you come off as a sexist, because you implicate that a woman could (or would have the right) to tell you. It would be exactly the same if I said "No woman can tell me (...)".

hiphop,

Kim Campbell was as useless a PM as they come.

Is this the same King who kidnapped a 12 year-old and forced her to marry him?
This guy is just abusing the Bible to better enforce his oppression. I think he also once said that he's against democracy because its not in the Bible.

:huh: What century is he living in?

Perle

"Separation of church and state," folks. There is a reason why theocracies are the most oppressive states in the world.

Melon

Rock on, hiphop! :up: You did the research. I may have stuck my foot in it as far as that's concerned, but I'll stand by my theory that if women had dominated as men have for as long, we as a species would be better off.

(Just to be nasty, shall we list the men who've been heads of state for those same years? Nah. Let's not. It would take too much bandwidth.)

martha said:
if women had dominated as men have for as long, we as a species would be better off.

I could probably agree with that. Sadly enough, it has nothing to do with politics. If women had "ruled" the world, maybe politics, money or countries wouldn?t exist.

Women wouldn?t be in need of dominating. Domination, overpowering in itself is originally more male than female. With that I don?t want to say that domination must always be a bad thing, though.

Last edited:
I don't know. To hear how nasty women can get with each other (this from my wife and others), a world dominated by women may be even more violent.

nbcrusader said:
I don't know. To hear how nasty women can get with each other (this from my wife and others), a world dominated by women may be even more violent.

Just for a few days a month. :sexywink:

But really, I think that if women didn't feel the need to compete for men and the perceived (or actual) economic security that men provide in the male-dominated cultures, this nastiness would be minimized and unneccessary.

(Did I spell neccessary correctly? I absolutely CANNOT spell that word. :mad: )

martha said:

But really, I think that if women didn't feel the need to compete for men and the perceived (or actual) economic security that men provide in the male-dominated cultures, this nastiness would be minimized and unneccessary.

Again - no.

To interprete that, generally, "poor" women have no other chance than to feel the need to compete because otherwise they can?t survive, is fake, in my eyes.

And female nastiness has its own style. Necessary? hm...

...Now, for the next one you?ll kill me, martha :) - I am a big fan of female nastiness... I like tiger grrrls who show their teeth! Sooo sweet. Taste like honey. :lol: ;)

...Now, for the next one you?ll kill me, martha :) - I am a big fan of female nastiness... I like tiger grrrls who show their teeth! Sooo sweet. Taste like honey. :lol: ;)

spanka.gif

Bad boy.

Back
Top Bottom