Women are niave!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
It's so true.
They think they can pick what guys will be their best friends and who will fall helplessly for them.

Well, it's not that easy!
Don't be sad and surprised if a guy your being super friendly with ends up liking you, its almost bound to happen. But when that guy feels like he's getting signals and confronts the issue... it's, "I'm not ready for a relationship, I'm liking being friends with you".

oi

It seems as though most girls don't think you can be best friends and in a relationship at the same time. A sad way of thinking...and frustrating.

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

'ave u got PMT Basstrap?

wink.gif

yes

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

ok, don't skimp on the tanks

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

And women aren't funny... except maybe for notiti... at least when she doesn't use the word 'krunk'.

L. Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 03-04-2002).]

The only ones who are naive are the ones who think women are naive.
biggrin.gif

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

I think the truly naive view is that friendship and relationships cannot be separated. I have been in a friendship for years, that was just a friendship. For a while it was something more romantic, but for now, that doesn't work, and we're rebuilding that friendship. I have lots of friendships with men that I would consider to be my good friends and nothing romantic/sexual has ever happened.

Originally posted by Peaseblossom:
I have lots of friendships with men that I would consider to be my good friends and nothing romantic/sexual has ever happened.

I think what the initial poster.. I'm too lazy to scroll down and check who that is.. was saying that the Men don't think that way, regardless of what they may tell the woman, or however platonic the relationship may seem to the girl at least.. There's mos defly in a large majority of cases some sort of romantic/sexual attraction.. And that the girls appear to not have any clue..whether truthfully or gamefully, how a 'good' friend could want to be romantically involved with them..

I've heard of the polls sweeping the country asking men.. 'List your 4 Best Girlfriends'.. 'Would you Sleep with Them'...

I think the results were something on the end of 85% saying that the guy would sleep with their 'girl' friends if presented the opportunity...

L.Unplugged

thanks for that angela, much appreciated

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

I have to confess....there are a LOT of guys that i want to have as friends, but not as boyfriends. I have a very tough time letting them know this, too. They all want something more than just friendship, but i'm just not interested in them that way. Many of them are great people, but I'm just not attracted to them.
I dont want to hurt their feelings at all, and thats why i have a very difficult time letting them know. I can never bring myself to tell them. I just dont know how!! GRRRR @ guys!!!!
Oh well, i guess i should just be glad that this is the way it is, instead of the other way around. Itd be hell if all guys ever wanted was to be friends with me and thats all!!!
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 03-05-2002).]

Oh well, i guess i should just be glad that this is the way it is, instead of the other way around. Itd be hell if all guys ever wanted was to be friends with me and thats all!

ARG
exactly
It seems as though in order for a gal to want a relastionship with you one of the criteria is that you cannot be friends. It's to risky...it might ruin a perfectly good relationship...God forbit people take risks, their usually exiting and different

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

Originally posted by Basstrap:
Don't be sad and surprised if a guy your being super friendly with ends up liking you, its almost bound to happen. But when that guy feels like he's getting signals and confronts the issue... it's, "I'm not ready for a relationship, I'm liking being friends with you".

I know, it sucks. I just found out that my friend of 4 years has indeed liked me for 4 years...it's tough. 'Cos I love him to death, I really do, but not like that really. I want to go to prom with him, but that's mean to ask him when I know he likes me and whatnot...so I'm sad too. But don't think that women don't like their male friends too. That's tough to like a guy friend who doesn't like you...ack.

------------------
Proud owner, maker and baker of THE U2 cookies.

Hmmm, this is interesting for me....

There's this guy who asked me to go out with him tomorrow night. I do fancy him and could like him and wouldn't mind starting something with him eventually (I work with him so know him a bit) BUT I am thinking of starting off ONLY as friends....

My best rel'ps have always started as friendships....My fear however is that if I do start it off as being a friendship only, I run the risk losing him to someone else or him just losing interest eventually...(I'm not someone to believe in soulmates and all that so "if it's meant to be, it will" doesn't fly with me)....

A bit of a dilemma considering we're going out for dinner tomorrow evening.....ugghhh....

I wonder if most guys would be okay if a woman suggested that?!?...oh well, we shall see....

[This message has been edited by ladywithspinninghead (edited 03-07-2002).]

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
I have to confess....there are a LOT of guys that i want to have as friends, but not as boyfriends. I have a very tough time letting them know this, too.

... I dont want to hurt their feelings at all, and thats why i have a very difficult time letting them know. I can never bring myself to tell them. I just dont know how!! GRRRR @ guys!!!!

icon40.gif
YOU LED ME ON!? YOU BROKE MY HEART!
mad.gif

-----------------------------------

---------

band.gif

Edge finally loses it

[This message has been edited by S|aney (edited 03-07-2002).]

Uh...of course women and men can't JUST be friends WHEN they're single and spending time alone together.

If they're friendly then they're at WORK or IN GROUPS; otherwise, you're technically DATING when you're ALONE TOGETHER.

So, no wonder men get confused when women lead them on DATES and then turn around and say..."well, I just wanted some attention but NOT THAT MUCH ATTENTION."

I feel your pain. Now you know what to do next time you're serious about someone.

Originally posted by ABEL:

Um...where's Bono?

*gets worried that edge has lost it once before*

Why do you think Bono hangs out at the tip of the heart most of the time?

------------------

---------

band.gif

Edge finally loses it

[This message has been edited by S|aney (edited 03-08-2002).]

Originally posted by S|aney:
icon40.gif
YOU LED ME ON!? YOU BROKE MY HEART!
mad.gif

OH GOD!!!!!!!!!ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!
In the garden he was playing the tart, i kissed S|aneys lips, and broke his heart!!!
frown.gif

And ABEL, ABEL was talking about the end of the world...
eek.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Originally posted by ]{arao]{e:
Uh...of course women and men can't JUST be friends WHEN they're single and spending time alone together.

If they're friendly then they're at WORK or IN GROUPS; otherwise, you're technically DATING when you're ALONE TOGETHER.

Um, no you're not. The only way it's a date is if you're both interested in each other. Or unless you're just a very horny guy who can't possibly think of anything but the chance of scoring with another female in the room, then being alone together with another woman is definitely not always a date. (ok, that might've been a bit harsh, but still)

I can't tell you how many times I've been over to a girl friend's house to watch a movie or just hang out, or have even gone out to a movie or dinner, and it most definitely was not a date, as I didn't expect or even want anything to happen and neither did she.

Men and women CAN be friends. True, at some point men usually get what if feelings, but that doesn't mean that they can't remain friends with the woman, even if he spills his feelings for her and she says no, or even says yes and things don't work out.

Back
Top Bottom