Wisconsin shocker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
To hell with the polls and pundits again! It's too early to tell but John Edwards might win this primary. Any thoughts about this? I honestly didn't think he would win Wisconsin after not doing better in Tennessee. Does this upset the applecart? This could be a good foundation for him campaigning for Super Tuesday. At any rate it ain't over until the fat lady sings.

Too close to call.....I wish I had it in writing....but I said that Clark leaving helps Edwards to many offline friends.

Dreadsox said:
Too close to call.....I wish I had it in writing....but I said that Clark leaving helps Edwards to many offline friends.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The last time I looked at the returns it was 40% Edwards, 37% Kerry. Wisconsin? Honestly, I wouldn't have predicted it.

Eddie baby

Well, my man lost...but barely. Did anyone see Bob Dole ask Edwards if he'd consider Kerry for his running mate? :lmao: That was great. Edwards laughed out loud. I'm still hoping he'll sweep Super Tuesday but we'll see. If not, VP please VP. Then he can take over in 2012 :D Hey, isn't it true that Clinton didn't really catch fire in the primaries until late?

BTW, it was very strange. I had a dream with Kerry in it last night. He seemed (you know how dreams are vague) to be my father or step-father or something, because I think he was married to my mom, but I did't quite trust him. I don't remember why exactly, but I was in danger of falling and he was talking to me, telling me something that I guess what supposed to help? I was falling and water, like from the ocean, was washing over me at the same time. (Yeah, I know, weird.) I think he helped in the end, but I don't remember. I couldn't decide whether to trust him or not. (Analyze THAT, Freuds.)

I think I'm taking this election way too seriously. :laugh:

sd

Re: Eddie baby

Sherry Darling said:
Hey, isn't it true that Clinton didn't really catch fire in the primaries until late?

I think I'm taking this election way too seriously. :laugh:

sd

Welcome to the club. I told myself I wouldn't start following it until summer, and, well.............this is going to be the Endurance Test From Hell. Yes, it's true Clinton didn't catch fire until late, Super Tuesday in March. The early front-runner was another Massachusetts Senator, Paul Tsongas.

I don't think they'll let it go to a brokered convention. One thing they pointed out is that independents are allowed to vote in the Wisconsin primary. They are not in most states. As an independent myself I think all primaries should be open, but I didn't make the rules. Screw the polls and pundits, this is interesting.

Forgive my ignorence--what's a brokered convention?

Thanks for the Clinton verification. :) (Hey speaking of which, did I ever tell you all I saw Chelsa while I was at school in Oxford?)

SD

Go Edwards! I sincerely hope he hangs in there

Here's something I got in an e-mail from the Edwards campaign..

The past few weeks on the campaign trail have seen a dramatic turn of events. But before anyone starts writing acceptance speeches, it's important to look at the facts about how close this race really is.

Here are a few numbers to put it in perspective:

78 percent - Percentage of DNC Convention Delegates who have not yet been selected.

171 - The number of state delegates out of 3,000 assigned that separated John Edwards and John Kerry in Iowa.

2.7 percent - The percentage of votes that put Edwards above Kerry in Oklahoma.

42,666 - Margin of victory for Edwards over Kerry in South Carolina.

9,300 - Estimated number of Republicans who crossed the aisle to vote for Edwards in Virginia, 2.5 percent of the total votes cast in the primary.

The more I see of Edwards the more I like him. He is a fine candidate, and if he gets the nomination I will certainly vote for him. I think he should stay in the race until he either wins the nomination or Kerry gets enough delegates for nomination and not before. This will help Kerry, too; he will have to fine-tune his message while people decide who's going to run against Bush. I thought it was a hoot when Bob Dole asked Edwards if Kerry was on his running mate short list. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Diane L said:
I want Edwards to hang in there too. I want a chance to vote for him in the New York primary.

You can definitely vote for him in New York. That's Super Tuesday. Alabama used to be in Super Tuesday then the idiots took us out and put our primary in June. Our party leaders need to have their heads examined. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom