Will They Fine Oprah?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
... once things calm down, i'm sure stern will be back. ratings are ratings, and in the end will always speak louder than "morals" or whatever other reason was behind the pulling of stern in certain markets.

We'll see, it wasn't the FCC it was Clear Channel who removed him and who is laying in bed with Bush. They are family friends and Clear Channel bought a baseball team from Bush that saved his ass.

I don't think he'll be back on these stations. CC have said very publicly that he will never air him on their stations again, even though some of the highest ratings. They're scared of pissing off Bush. The odd thing is they are still using his promos and still trying desperatly to use his name as much as they can. They are trying to play both sides.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

We'll see, it wasn't the FCC it was Clear Channel who removed him and who is laying in bed with Bush. They are family friends and Clear Channel bought a baseball team from Bush that saved his ass.

I don't think he'll be back on these stations. CC have said very publicly that he will never air him on their stations again, even though some of the highest ratings. They're scared of pissing off Bush. The odd thing is they are still using his promos and still trying desperatly to use his name as much as they can. They are trying to play both sides.

well that brings up another case that hurts stern... stern is under contract with infinity broadcasting, owned by viacom (cbs). his base station is K-Rock in New York, an Infinity station. I automaticly assumed that stern was pulled by infinity. i wasn't aware that his syndication went beyond just other Infinity stations and also included some Clear Channel stations, especially knowing that clear channel and infinity are competitors. hmm :hmm:

howard should bash himself. not happy with him whatsoever.. i use to like his show, but its the same crap gets showed. He exploits us females and that i dont like.. hes a jerkoff

Back
Top Bottom