why there isn't an AIDS vaccine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

achtungjulie

The Fly
i'm sure this has been discussed before, but i came across this on cnn.com

WASHINGTON (AP) -- In an unusually candid admission, the federal chief of AIDS research says he believes drug companies don't have an incentive to create a vaccine for the HIV and are likely to wait to profit from it after the government develops one.

personally, i agree with this person because i don't think drug companies give a toss either way whether everyone is dying. and i think it's been said before that they actually want people to be ill because they can make more money that way. the government knows this, so they are just as much to blame for not putting the proper amount of funding towards it. once again, greed ruins everything. anyway, it's an interesting (and infuriating) article, if anyone wants to read it:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/conditions/12/25/aids.vaccine.ap/index.html

There probably is a vaccine, but the companies and government have some secret deal.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Chris Rock has been saying this for years.

"they ain't gonna cure aids. that would be like cadilac creating a car that lasts for 50 years. they have materials that go on the space shuttle that can withstand temperatures up to 30,000 degrees, you're trying to tell me they can't make an el dorado where the fucking bumper won't fall off?"

Ehm, i am not a expert but does the Aids virus mutate sometimes so it is almost impossible to develope a vaccine ?

Rono said:
Ehm, i am not a expert but does the Aids virus mutate sometimes so it is almost impossible to develope a vaccine ?

Of course.

Nevermind the multiple strains that exist.

But it's easier to blame big business.

nbcrusader said:
i still want my government spend the $100 milion in healthcare and research than in useless cruise missiles (sp ) or in Tax Cuts ( like your government )

Fine. You can still benefit from our free police services with our cruise missles. I guess that has a lot to do with the AIDS vaccine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom