Why must we show restraint to our enemies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what do you think is the solution to terrorism then?

slapping them on the wrist and saying "now, now, thats not nice. now wer're gonna have to take you and try you as a U.S citizen in U.S courts."

:yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Last edited:
JMScoopy said:

slapping them on the wrist and saying "now, now, thats not nice. now wer're gonna have to take you and try you as a U.S citizen in U.S courts."

If we knew that answer, we would not be here.

Terrorism is not a new thing...it has always been around...and i think anyone who wants to find out what can be done...we will need to take a good long hard look at ourselves.

As Bono was quoted himself as saying "Do not become a monster to defeat a monster!"

JMScoopy said:

I think the solution would be to work towards eliminating the issues that breed the terrorism. Have the Mulsim religious leaders who do not support this type of violence to engage in talks and encourage speaking out against the silence or support. Take steps against eliminating the poverty that acts as a breeding ground for recruitment.

JMScoopy said:

I love your Rush approach to logic...:lol:

JMScoopy said:
at least my idea is a helluva lot better than sitting around bashing bush, the military, and the war all day.

:lol: Well I'm glad you're not anywhere near the age requirement for presidency anytime soon.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I'd like to live under the notion that all men CAN be redeemed, if they will is another story, but without that notion we might as well just kill them all.

These aren't men. They're animals - no, they're worse than animals. They're monsters. They cut off people's heads, they kill children. They don't want to be redeemed, and they won't be.

For the record, I think the same thing about the soldiers who participated in the rape and the related murders.

80sU2isBest said:

These aren't men. They're animals - no, they're worse than animals. They're monsters. They cut off people's heads, they kill children. They don't want to be redeemed, and they won't be.

And you think they were born this way? They have children, relatives, etc that aren't this way yet. But could easily be turned into monsters when they see everyone stooping the this level.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

And you think they were born this way? They have children, relatives, etc that aren't this way yet. But could easily be turned into monsters when they see everyone stooping the this level.

whoooooooowww you called humans monsters. I thought there was no such thing. But These men who raped the family and the men who cut off the soldiers heads and had nothing to do with the rape are monsters.

Originally posted by JMScoopy
that is the true solution to terrorism, but that wouldnt be politically correct. the problem is the US is afraid to do what needs done. In WWII there was no restraint, no hesitation to achieve total surrender. and the sad thing is back then the people supported the government and military, they didnt bitch and moan about every little incident that happened like they do today.

Not even remotely true. Did the allied powers behead anyone? Did they use gas chambers? Did they use suicide bombers? Nazi-Germany and Japan did.

You sound as if 'humane treatment' means that terrorists get a room at the Hilton. They are hunted and quite often maimed or killed. What the hell more do you want? Killing their families? Since very few terrorists are known by name how would you do that? Retaliatory, arbitrary murders of civilians? The Nazis did that all over Europe for 6 years and I hope that you are not advocating that we take up their methods and their particularly charming brand of insanity. Then comparing Bush to Hitler would suddenly be chillingly accurate.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

It doesn't matter to me me whether they're born that way or not. No one forced them to do these things; they choose to do the things they do.

We do not "stoop" to their level. A small group of soldiers did when they raped that poor girl and killed her family. That small group of soldiers should be executed as soon as they are convicted, so that the world will know that this is how the US handles terrorists from any country.

Admittedly, there have also been other incidents that were wrong, also.

But the vast majority of US soldiers over there do not commit inhumane acts.

As for their family that could be "turned into monsters", what do you suggest we do to deter that?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Yes hatred. When you start talking about "and then some" and killing their children, it's just pure hate.

These terrorist show hate by killing innocent children also, woman and men.

Justin24 said:

whoooooooowww you called humans monsters. I thought there was no such thing. But These men who raped the family and the men who cut off the soldiers heads and had nothing to do with the rape are monsters.

What? I never said any of this. I think you are infering far too much.

Here is a question, for those of you who are posting here, have you seen the video I posted in this link?? Or do you only watch those slide shows of what are bombs have done to insurgents or the accidently maiming of our bombs. People in the military try to avoid civilian casualties. We don't purposly drive our trucks and tanks next to a crowd of people and blow them up for no reason. You post how we kill many innocents, when in reality it's the insurgents who are doing the most killing in the civilian population.

80sU2isBest said:

As for their family that could be "turned into monsters", what do you suggest we do to deter that?

Well that's really what a part of this whole thread is about...but surely saying the way we treat them doesn't matter, is not a start.:|

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest
It doesn't matter to me me whether they're born that way or not. No one forced them to do these things; they choose to do the things they do.

We do not "stoop" to their level. A small group of soldiers did when they raped that poor girl and killed her family. That small group of soldiers should be executed as soon as they are convicted, so that the world will know that this is how the US handles terrorists from any country.

Admittedly, there have also been other incidents that were wrong, also.

But the vast majority of US soldiers over there do not commit inhumane acts.

Just as the vast majority of Iraqis have committed no inhumane acts. Why should they be punished? They are the families, parents, wives and children you refer to as being ‘turned into monsters’.

Justin24 said:
Here is a question, for those of you who are posting here, have you seen the video I posted in this link?? Or do you only watch those slide shows of what are bombs have done to insurgents or the accidently maiming of our bombs. People in the military try to avoid civilian casualties. We don't purposly drive our trucks and tanks next to a crowd of people and blow them up for no reason. You post how we kill many innocents, when in reality it's the insurgents who are doing the most killing in the civilian population.

Well now you're changing the subject of the thread.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Well now you're changing the subject of the thread.

No I am not. Don't you think we show weakness by not reliating in a vengeful way like they did to these 2 soldiers who had nothing to do with the rape and murders?

Justin24 said:

No I am not. Don't you think we show weakness by not reliating in a vengeful way like they did to these 2 soldiers who had nothing to do with the rape and murders?

:huh: What did that have to do with any of this?

Or do you only watch those slide shows of what are bombs have done to insurgents or the accidently maiming of our bombs. People in the military try to avoid civilian casualties. We don't purposly drive our trucks and tanks next to a crowd of people and blow them up for no reason. You post how we kill many innocents, when in reality it's the insurgents who are doing the most killing in the civilian population.

But to answer your question. No, revenge is weak.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

:huh: What did that have to do with any of this?

But to answer your question. No, revenge is weak.

So if another 9/11 happened what shall we do sit back and take it or seek revenge?

There's a hell of a difference between seeking revenge and taking action to prevent further attacks. The US had, if not all the world, the sizeable chunks of it on its side during the fall of 2001. Not so anymore and the perception that the actions of the US are due to vengefulness and serving its own interests has a lot to do with that in my opinion.

Justin24 said:

So if another 9/11 happened what shall we do sit back and take it or seek revenge?

You're missing the point. I never said any form of retaliation is wrong. But there's a big difference in going into Afghanistan and going after those that were responsible and blowing up whole cities like some are suggesting in here.

Those men in the video were innocent and did not deserve it. The woman who was raped and had her family murdered did not deserve it. So the insurgents decided to seek revenge, even though it was not there family and they killed innocent people.

Justin24 said:
Those men in the video were innocent and did not deserve it. The woman who was raped and had her family murdered did not deserve it. So the insurgents decided to seek revenge, even though it was not there family and they killed innocent people.

...you point being? I didn't know that 'do unto others' worked in reverse as well.

silja said:

...you point being? I didn't know that 'do unto others' worked in reverse as well.

Sorry they follow the Koran not the Bible. So there interpretation of do unto others is exactly what they did.

Back
Top Bottom