Why Is Gay Marriage Wrong? - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-16-2008, 01:22 AM   #261
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:04 PM

Also to make it easier on the Govermental Census Bureau.


You guys are out of the closet, so call it what it is- instead of what it isn't and that way the govt will be able to assist you more-if needed.

That is what you want, protection of your rights, correct?

How can they help protect you when you're claiming something that you're not-a male and female by camouflaging your uinon with a word it is not?


<>
__________________

diamond is offline  
Old 04-16-2008, 02:58 AM   #262
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,892
Local Time: 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon
This entire "bisexual polygamy" argument ignores one factor:

It's incredibly insulting to bisexuals.

That is, they're often looked upon with great suspicion that they are incapable of being monogamous by both the gay and straight communities. To argue that bisexuals can only be served properly through polygamy is truly insulting to those who are bisexual and are very capable of being monogamous to whichever partner they choose to be with. I haven't seen any indication that even a sizable minority of bisexuals are interested in a polygamy.
:Yes:

Isn't it kind of like arguing "Well, I like brunettes AND blondes, shouldn't I then be able to marry both?"

Just because someone is attracted to more than one kind of person (whatever that might mean up to and including different gender) that in no way makes them bound to marry both (or more) of those kinds. Marriage is about CHOOSING ONE person and choosing to disregard attractions to others from there on out.
__________________

maycocksean is offline  
Old 04-16-2008, 06:55 AM   #263
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 06:04 PM
No answer

Oh well..

Also I can't believe so many of the things you have posted here diamond
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 04-16-2008, 07:00 AM   #264
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

The issue is your folks aren't after anything more than an agrument over the meaning of the word marriage.
This is all you have, a definition, something you refuse to acknowledge can and has been changed.

As for your other "attempts" at arguments, absolutely discusting. You should be ashamed, I hope you are...
BVS is offline  
Old 04-16-2008, 07:22 AM   #265
Blue Crack Supplier
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,555
Local Time: 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

also it's for the margialized cpls' own protection.


martha is offline  
Old 04-16-2008, 07:53 AM   #266
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ásgarðr
Posts: 11,782
Local Time: 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
define "mob"
are you talking about the Mafia?

Or are you infering that the will of the people as equivilent to "The Mob"?
"The Will of the People?" Well, aren't you the Marxist populist, all of a sudden.

An advanced democracy balances the inalienable rights of the minority with the will of the majority. Those that don't end up being repressive nations with sectarian problems, no matter how many "elections" they hold.

Quote:
And what does that have to do with Freedom of Religion in our country?

And how does sexuality equate to one's religious convictions or the definition of the word "marriage" figure into this at all?
I see how it goes. You hide yourself in "Freedom of Religion," because you have no other way around the fact that the mob hates Mormons, and if they had their way, would probably ban them as heretics. The mob also doesn't think that you're Christian either.

But isn't that how it goes? One hated minority doesn't use their shared experience of prejudice to help out other minorities. No, instead, they try and make an appeal to the ruling hegemony by saying, "See? We hate most of the same people you hate too, so let us play too!"

Quote:
I've stated that I'm ok Gay unions so what's the fuss?

That's right until you change or redefine the meaning of a certain word -your movement is stalled.

Kind of stupid -don't you think?

So, is this more about having your civil rights or a tantrum over the meaning of a word that you can't accept?
"What's the fuss?" Gee...I'm sorry if I confuse that "support" with downright hostility. You have a pattern of saying that you're supportive then coupling it with bigoted comments that include the worst of offensive stereotypes.

You don't know how many times I'd like to tell you to go fuck yourself every day.

But no, the way the moderators rule around here, somehow that four letter word carries more weight than post after post after post of offensive homophobic bullshit. So, for the official record, I'm not going to say it.
melon is offline  
Old 04-16-2008, 07:54 AM   #267
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ásgarðr
Posts: 11,782
Local Time: 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Also to make it easier on the Govermental Census Bureau.


You guys are out of the closet, so call it what it is- instead of what it isn't and that way the govt will be able to assist you more-if needed.

That is what you want, protection of your rights, correct?

How can they help protect you when you're claiming something that you're not-a male and female by camouflaging your uinon with a word it is not?
Nope, I'm not going to say it at all.
melon is offline  
Old 04-16-2008, 08:08 AM   #268
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:04 PM

Feel better?

Plus it's no secret that you despise Chritianity and other sects of Unorthodox Christianity such as Mormons that don't think *exactly* the way you think -based on your posts.



You've even tried to use Mormons as a correlation for your cause, when in fact you despise them.

So Melon, who's the hater ?

<>
diamond is offline  
Old 04-16-2008, 08:16 AM   #269
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ásgarðr
Posts: 11,782
Local Time: 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Feel better?
I'd feel much better if you were banned for the troll that you are.
melon is offline  
Old 04-16-2008, 08:30 AM   #270
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ásgarðr
Posts: 11,782
Local Time: 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
Plus it's no secret that you despise Chritianity and other sects of Unorthodox Christianity such as Mormons that don't think *exactly* the way you think -based on your posts.

So Melon, who's the hater, who's the bigot?
There's a rather conservative book out there called, "The Closing of the American Mind," by the late Allan Bloom. It was written over 20 years ago at this point, but it's funny how most of its observations about the decay of America and American education are still very relevant.

One contention that I very much agree with is the absolute nonsense of moral and ethical relativity, inasmuch as it creates logical paradoxes. One of the most prominent, as Bloom writes, is the illogic of "tolerance." As defined by relativism, one is expected to "tolerate intolerance," or otherwise, they're not a very good liberal. But, if you are capable of reasoning (which I think is questionable, at this point), I'm pretty sure you can see that "tolerating intolerance" is reprehensibly inane.

As such, I do not tolerate religious organizations that hold positions of sheer homophobia and bigotry. And why should I? You've certainly proven yourself, as a Mormon, of being completely incapable of looking at homosexuals in a non-offensive light. And, not only that, but you seem to be proud of it! That, as a given then, how the hell do you have the gall to try and argue that you, instead, are the victim here?

So, go ahead, try and bullshit your way out of this one. But let's get one thing straight: if we strip out all the moral and ethical relativity here and remove the cloak of "religious freedom" that you so tightly wear to justify and excuse away your prejudices, that's when it becomes completely unavoidable that you're a bigot.

And I'm sorry. It is my moral and ethical imperative not to tolerate bigotry. Period.
melon is offline  
Old 04-16-2008, 08:37 AM   #271
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ásgarðr
Posts: 11,782
Local Time: 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
You've even tried to use Mormons as a correlation for your cause, when in fact you despise them.
No, diamond. I don't despise them, as a whole. The difference between you and I is that I've used my experiences as a "hated" Roman Catholic to understand the core American values of secularism and the separation of church and state as positive values that enrich religious freedom nationwide, as there are numerous minority religions nationwide. An advanced democracy balances the inalienable rights of the minority with the will of the majority. That was the whole purpose of the Bill of Rights to begin with.

But it's pretty clear that some Mormons are just assholes, like any other religion.
melon is offline  
Old 04-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #272
Blue Crack Supplier
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,555
Local Time: 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon


You don't know how many times I'd like to tell you to go fuck yourself every day.

But no, the way the moderators rule around here, somehow that four letter word carries more weight than post after post after post of offensive homophobic bullshit.
Because it's a topic of national debate. We need to hear all sides.
martha is offline  
Old 04-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #273
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,395
Local Time: 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha


Because it's a topic of national debate. We need to hear all sides.


it's true. i wonder why gay marriage are so scared of talking about the possibility that men marrying men will lead to men marrying horses.

it's like they're scared to even want to talk about it. what do you think they're hiding? all i know is that i'm sick to death of the PC Left telling me what i can and cannot make wild, unfounded, irrational speculations on.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 04-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #274
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by melon


There's a rather conservative book out there called, "The Closing of the American Mind," by the late Allan Bloom. It was written over 20 years ago at this point, but it's funny how most of its observations about the decay of America and American education are still very relevant.

One contention that I very much agree with is the absolute nonsense of moral and ethical relativity, inasmuch as it creates logical paradoxes. One of the most prominent, as Bloom writes, is the illogic of "tolerance." As defined by relativism, one is expected to "tolerate intolerance," or otherwise, they're not a very good liberal. But, if you are capable of reasoning (which I think is questionable, at this point), I'm pretty sure you can see that "tolerating intolerance" is reprehensibly inane.

As such, I do not tolerate religious organizations that hold positions of sheer homophobia and bigotry. And why should I? You've certainly proven yourself, as a Mormon, of being completely incapable of looking at homosexuals in a non-offensive light. And, not only that, but you seem to be proud of it! That, as a given then, how the hell do you have the gall to try and argue that you, instead, are the victim here?

So, go ahead, try and bullshit your way out of this one. But let's get one thing straight: if we strip out all the moral and ethical relativity here and remove the cloak of "religious freedom" that you so tightly wear to justify and excuse away your prejudices, that's when it becomes completely unavoidable that you're a bigot.

And I'm sorry. It is my moral and ethical imperative not to tolerate bigotry. Period.
Mr Melon-

I can see that you're a little upset, I struck a nerve apparently.

What I found in the 7 plus years of discussing issues here is that no matter how personal the issue is to someone's heart, the person that loses is the one who resorts to name calling.

I'm sorry your feelings were hurt.

If the truth were known you would realize that *you* know a lot less about me than you may think, and if you want to label me as a bigot and a troll, because I say that I'm against Gay Marriage, but for Gay Matramonial Unions,either Secular or Holy, that would be to your own consternation.


You also seem to have a subconscious dysfuntional emotional attachment with Catholism that rears its occassional ugly head for whatever reason, but that is not for me to speculate on nor judge you on.



<>
diamond is offline  
Old 04-16-2008, 12:09 PM   #275
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,395
Local Time: 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

If the truth were known you would realize that *you* know a lot less about me than you may think, and if you want to label me as a bigot and a troll, because I say that I'm against Gay Marriage, but for Gay Matramonial Unions,either Secular or Holy, that would be to your own short sightedness.




honey, you were the one that brought horses into this thread.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 04-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #276
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511






honey, you were the one that brought horses into this thread.
only to think outside of the box...no pun.

diamond is offline  
Old 04-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #277
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,395
Local Time: 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond


only to think outside of the box...no pun.



are you surprised that the comparison of homosexuality to bestiality engendered such strong responses?

do you think these strong responses were because you made an interesting insight that lead to an uncomfortable realization and people got reactionary and knee-jerk because it's uncomfortable to be challenged in such an intellectual, in-your-face way?

or do you think these strong responses were because it was as insulting as comparing a black person to a monkey?
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 04-16-2008, 12:19 PM   #278
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511




are you surprised that the comparison of homosexuality to bestiality engendered such strong responses?

do you think these strong responses were because you made an interesting insight that lead to an uncomfortable realization and people got reactionary and knee-jerk because it's uncomfortable to be challenged in such an intellectual, in-your-face way?

or do you think these strong responses were because it was as insulting as comparing a black person to a monkey?
only an idiot would compare a person to a monkey.

the horse picture was posted to add to the discussion on civil rights, not to equate male men nor mailmen as ponies.

diamond is offline  
Old 04-16-2008, 12:35 PM   #279
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,395
Local Time: 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond


only an idiot would compare a person to a monkey.

the horse picture was posted to add to the discussion on civil rights, not to equate male men nor mailmen as ponies.



only an idiot would compare homosexuality with bestiality.

a horse cannot give consent. a man has no more civil right to fuck a horse than he has to fuck a 3 year old or a sea turtle.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 04-16-2008, 12:37 PM   #280
Blue Crack Supplier
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,555
Local Time: 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
all i know is that i'm sick to death of the PC Left telling me what i can and cannot make wild, unfounded, irrational speculations on.
You forgot to add "in Jesus' name".
__________________

martha is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×