Why doesn't Bush offer proof on Iraq?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadelynIris

Refugee
I've seen time and time again in this forum how people are upset that Bush won't offer proof on Iraq's WMD capability.

Can anyone think of a reasonable reason to withhold such evidence until the time is right

Mark

Information may reveal or compromise a source. One thing that helps us get information is the ability to assure a source that they (and their families) will be protected.

MadelynIris said:
I've seen time and time again in this forum how people are upset that Bush won't offer proof on Iraq's WMD capability.

Can anyone think of a reasonable reason to withhold such evidence until the time is right

Mark

Because there is no evidence, and he's lying through his teeth.

If there was a real threat to Americans or it's allies, the US would have moved long ago with or without the UN.

Because he's attempting to revive the post World War II / 1950s mentality where we are to merely trust that our government is doing the right thing. Considering what a bunch of bull that was then, and the subsequent turmoil of the decade following, perhaps the 2010s will be another 1960s revival.

Melon

Re: Re: Why doesn't Bush offer proof on Iraq?

gabrielvox said:

Because there is no evidence, and he's lying through his teeth.

If there was a real threat to Americans or it's allies, the US would have moved long ago with or without the UN.

good posts olive, mark and NB.:)

gab-
i think you are mistaken.
i think GW has the evidence, and is waiting for the proper time to tip his hand.
i think GW is more of a compassionate man then u realize and what the left media attempts to paint him as.

btw- do you still listen to Rush the Canadian rock band.?

thank u-

DB9
:dance:

Last edited:
diamond, i think you?re mistaken.

i think GW doesn?t have evidence, and was waiting for a proper time to strike, but now his ass is burning bc the quotes go down.

i think GW is more of a criminal than you realize and what the propaganda war steel wheel machine attempts to paint him as.

i think he?s the son of a bush.

thank u--

whenhiphop

LOL @ the thought of a mainstream leftist media.

sorry diamond, its not even close. but to be fair, i believe the major networks ABC to be more precise, have been relatively fair. they report on the situation every day which is in its own sense - pro-propaganda for the bush admin, but its still news and needs to be reported, and they give ample time to showing peace movements in the country and abroad.

*edited for spelling

Last edited:
Hiphop
thats ok.
We can feel differntly about this subject.:)

My prediction-

In the ensuing weeks GW will divulge links between Iraq and Al Queda.
He will divulge many more damning pieces of evidence of Iraq and their weapons of mass destruction.

He will show the world why its necessary to disarm Iraq.

I furthur predict, this will not be enough for the Bush Haters .
Nothing ever will.

Right now I think GW is exhaustively trying to: "Give Peace A Chance".
Time is running out, Im sorry to say.

DB9

Cow of the Seas said:
LOL @ the thought of a mainstream leftist media.

sorry diamond, its not even close. but to be fair, i believe the major networks ABC to be more precise, have been relatively fair. they report on the situation every day which is in its own sense - pro-propaganda for the bush admin, but its still news and needs to be reported, and they give ample time to showing peace movements in the country and abroad.

*edited for spelling
bear-

Living here I disagree.
Thats ok -see my previous post.

I also predict-
Bush will not divulge much tonight at the Pep Rally/State of the Union Address.
The world is not quite ready yet.
However I predict a dandy speech this evening, nevertheless.:up::dance:

thank u-

dB9

Last edited:
diamond: hope that your fucked up criminal idol tells us more about HIV prevention than about the nukes in his ass, like your friend bono wrote in the washington post.

and yes, we can feel differently about this subject :)

nbcrusader: ever seen "wag the dog"?

Last edited:
i expect todays state of the union address to be the most important for bush since the one right after 9/11.

diamond, in canada we get all the major networks the us gets.

He's protecting his sources. By revealing them he's puttting people and the future of more revealed truths at risk. Things have to be in place before he can spout off all this stuff. I don't understand how people can think that Bush wants a war. The notion that he's eager to put all those innocent lives at stake, meaning our young men and women as well as innocent Iraqi civilians is crazy. I believe it is always good to have dissenters of war. We need to be forced to look at all sides. I completely understand why many people are angry about the prospect of war. But, to say that the only reason Bush wants to do this is for his own political gain, or only for the oil is plain stupid.

bear-
when i was in T/O, i watched the news in my room at the Howard Johnsons.
I got to watch all the channels cuz they supplied me w a remote control.
Life in Canada is like a holiday in the US.
The stress level here is up like 5 notches.:huh:
I noticed
the news casters were very ho-hum and non-chalant about matters.
Oh, and nobody seem to like western Canada , there was a bias from the news ppl.

DB9

Last edited:
you are very right about the bias against western canada. eastern federal politicians dont give a rats ass about western canada cause the bulk of the people (votes) live in or east of ontario.

im actually quite surprised you picked up on that, that quickly.

there are a great many things u will learn of me, the longer u know me, somethings cool, somethings not cool.:|

DB9

partygirl said:
He's protecting his sources. By revealing them he's puttting people and the future of more revealed truths at risk. Things have to be in place before he can spout off all this stuff. I don't understand how people can think that Bush wants a war. The notion that he's eager to put all those innocent lives at stake, meaning our young men and women as well as innocent Iraqi civilians is crazy. I believe it is always good to have dissenters of war. We need to be forced to look at all sides. I completely understand why many people are angry about the prospect of war. But, to say that the only reason Bush wants to do this is for his own political gain, or only for the oil is plain stupid.
:up:

The evidence is already there. Its the fact that Iraq has failed to hand over or show the evidence of their destruction, 15,000 Chemical and Biological shells! The UN confirmed that Iraq had this back in 1998, that is a fact. Now where the hell is it?!?! There are only two possible outcomes, their still intact or they were destroyed. If their still intact they must be handed over. If they were destroyed, the remains must be shown to the UN inspectors. Neither of those two things have happened. Iraq would certainly have no reason to hide the remains of destroyed Chem/Bio weapons, so one has to conclude that they still have these weapons intact and have not handed them over.

Until Iraq accounts for 15,000 shells and other "missing" items, this is all the proof anyone needs that Iraq still has weapons of mass destruction. In addition, the UN inspectors have been refused overflights by U2 planes! This is a violation of several UN resolutions and the 1991 UN Ceacefire agreement.

It is not incumbent on the Bush administration to prove that Iraq still has weapons of mass destruction. It is incumbent upon Iraq to prove that they do not have weapons of mass destruction!

This should no surprise to anyone since it was spelled out clearly in the UN resolutions and 1991 Gulf War Ceacefire agreement.

According to the 1991 Gulf War Ceacefire agreement and the UN resolutions, the UN member states are obligated to enforce the conditions of the ceacefire agreement with military force if necessary. Violation of the 1991 Gulf War Ceacefire agreement is an act of war. Iraq must give up the 15,000 Chem/Bio shells and other Chem/Bio/Nuclear materials that it has as per its obligations under multiple UN resolutions and the 1991 UN ceacefire agreement. Failure to do this could result in military enforcement called for in the above resolutions and ceacefire agreement.

STING2 said:
In addition, the UN inspectors have been refused overflights by U2 planes! This is a violation of several UN resolutions and the 1991 UN Ceacefire agreement.

your forgetting an important detail. these planes can easily be confused as "regular" enemy aircraft, there is little way that the iraqi militairy can distinguish between the two.

Cow of the Seas said:

your forgetting an important detail. these planes can easily be confused as "regular" enemy aircraft, there is little way that the iraqi militairy can distinguish between the two.

And I think Sting mixes up also one other thing, a letter. Those are US U2 planes, not UN. The US wants to have those U2 planes, the UN inspectors are not demanding those flights.

Marty

After revealing the locations of the WMD - I doubt it would be longer than minutes before they are destroyed.

It's a matter of saying, look, we know exactly where these things are - and you won't have time to evacuate, or move them, unless you can do it in the next five minutes.

Mark

I say, if they HAVE the evidence, present it.

if they don't, let the u.n. inspectors stay there for the next 10 years.

those of you who say they don't have the evidence, how do you know? oh yeah.....you all work for the CIA.:rolleyes:

those of you who think bush doesn't want the war, you're kidding yourselves....but hey, I'm not GW.:der:

Cow,

"your forgetting an important detail. these planes can easily be confused as "regular" enemy aircraft, there is little way that the iraqi militairy can distinguish between the two"

That is irrelevant! Iraq has already signed resolutions and a ceacefire agreement all of which give the UN the right to use ANY means to enforce those resolutions! Iraq's excuse is rubbish!

Popmartian,

I cannot recall all of the complaints that Hans Blix had, but he did say that Iraq was failing to comply with weapons inspections. The UN can use any plane or piece of equipment that will enable it to accomplish its mission which is to 100% disarm Iraq of WMD!

Again, where are the 15,000 Chemical and Biological shells in addition to tons of other WMD materials? Iraq must give them up or show the remains of their destruction!

Re: Re: Re: Why doesn't Bush offer proof on Iraq?

diamond said:

good posts olive, mark and NB.:)

gab-
i think you are mistaken.
i think GW has the evidence, and is waiting for the proper time to tip his hand.
i think GW is more of a compassionate man then u realize and what the left media attempts to paint him as.

btw- do you still listen to Rush the Canadian rock band.?

thank u-

DB9
:dance:

:banghead: :rant: :mad:

Geez Diamond, do you think you could at least add a frickin "e" to the end of gab so at least you are saying that irritating nickname properly?

And yes, I still listen to the the great Rush now and then.

And yes, Radiohead's last album still sucks shit. LMAO

Back
Top Bottom