Why do you think this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
Not only are Republicans known to be more
attractive and comely, but why are they more happy ?:angry:

See article below:

The Pew Research Center recently updated a question about happiness that the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago has been asking since 1972.

In every asking of the question, ROLL CALL reports, Republicans have been happier than Democrats.

Republicans tend to be better off than Democrats, and that is one explanation for the happiness gap. But when the researchers controlled for household income, Republicans at all income levels were happier than Democrats at those same income levels.

As for ideology, conservative Republicans were happier than conservative Democrats, and moderate to liberal Republicans were happier than comparable Democrats.

END
:sexywink:

db9

Last edited:
Republicans tend not to be bothered by things like war, lack of health care, gross income inequality, discrimination on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, or sexual orientation, the wanton consumption of natural resources, the destruction of the environment, the homogenization of culture, global AIDS, torture, and other such things.

indeed, you miss too much these days if you stop to think.

Irvine511 said:
Republicans tend not to be bothered by things like war, lack of health care, gross income inequality, discrimination on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, or sexual orientation, the wanton consumption of natural resources, the destruction of the environment, the homogenization of culture, global AIDS, torture, and other such things.

Also, Karl Rove has been spiking their Kool-Aid with happy drugs for over five years now.

Irvine511 said:
gross income inequality,

indeed, you miss too much these days if you stop to think.

Republicans are happier than Democrats at those same income levels.

When you look at the world what is it that you see?

db9

diamond said:
When you look at the world what is it that you see?

actually, on a serious note, i'd say the difference between my friends (all of whom are at generally similar education and income levels) is that the Republicans seem to be very happy and self-satisfied because they tend to think that they have earned their place in the world, that they are all self-made men who have worked hard and deserved every accolade they receive.

the Democrats, on the other hand, look around and see just how much they have had handed to them by the system and by their parents, two things they have no control over. they tend to believe that there are no individual accomplishments, that when someone gains a bigger piece of the pie someone else loses a bit of their pie, and that most inequality is due to massive social structures rooted in the past that stack the system in their favor, so it's difficult to take too much pride in their accomplishments because they know that, in the grand scheme of things, they're really not so special and they've been dealt a really good hand.

While I tend to hate the simplistic divisions set forth in this thread, it seems that you are suggesting that Democrats tend to promote the victim mentality.

nbcrusader said:
While I tend to hate the simplistic divisions set forth in this thread, it seems that you are suggesting that Democrats tend to promote the victim mentality.

ka-ching
:wink:

db9

nbcrusader said:

that's probably how a Republican would see it.

after all, Republicans hate the victim mentality, except when it comes to the press and the media ... :wink:

dandy said:
i'm still trying to figure out how one objectively measures something as intangible as happiness.

it's self reported. someone says, "are you happy?" and you say yes or no.

you see, a Demcrat/liberal would take the time to evaluate the content of the question, where as a Republican/conservative would give the answer that would most make him feel good.

dandy said:
i'm still trying to figure out how one objectively measures something as intangible as happiness.

top.gw.bush.hat.ap.jpg
=
sunny_sunny_lg.jpg

VS
TV-Harry-Reid.jpg
BIG_make-face-angry.jpg

:wink:

db9

nbcrusader said:

Or maybe just experiencing good ole white guilt.

diamond said:
Not only are Republicans known to be more
attractive and comely, but why are they more happy ?:angry:

See article below:

The Pew Research Center recently updated a question about happiness that the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago has been asking since 1972.

In every asking of the question, ROLL CALL reports, Republicans have been happier than Democrats.

Republicans tend to be better off than Democrats, and that is one explanation for the happiness gap. But when the researchers controlled for household income, Republicans at all income levels were happier than Democrats at those same income levels.

As for ideology, conservative Republicans were happier than conservative Democrats, and moderate to liberal Republicans were happier than comparable Democrats.

END
:sexywink:

db9

The trend continues:

mtvmovie05a_m.jpg

JESSICA SIMPSON SET FOR REPUBLICAN DINNER
Wed Mar 15 2006 10:16:35 ET

The National Republican Congressional Committee has snagged the wholesome, blonde and buxom Jessica Simpson to attend its fundraising gala on Thursday. House Majority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) is the lucky guy who gets to sit next to the “Dukes of Hazzard” star.

Not that he would recognize her, ROLL CALL reports.

“I’m not even sure if he knows who Jessica Simpson is,” the Majority Leader’s spokesman, Kevin Madden, told HOH. “Boehner’s celebrity recognition standards crashed and burned with the introduction of color television.”

Developing...

db9
:angry:

Last edited:
I don't know about this survey, but I'd certainly be a lot happier if there weren't so many Republicans around. :shrug:

Don't know how happy you have to be to divorce your husband and squirt ten pounds of collagen into your lips the day after....:shrug:

I guess she's smarter than some people think :D

Jessica Simpson snubs Bush

By Steve GormanWed Mar 15, 9:31 PM ET

Concerned about politicizing her favorite charity, singer-actress Jessica Simpson on Wednesday turned down a invitation to meet with U.S. President George W. Bush, a snub that left Republicans dismayed.

The apparent final word that Simpson would be a no-show at a major Republican fund-raiser with Bush and congressional leaders on Thursday night came after a day of conflicting reports from her camp and organizers of the event.

The blond star of the film "The Dukes of Hazzard" still plans to visit Washington on Thursday to lobby members of Congress on behalf of Operation Smile, a non-profit venture offering free plastic surgery for disadvantaged children overseas with facial deformities.

People close to Simpson said she declined a request to appear that same evening at the gala fund-raiser of the National Republican Congressional Committee -- even after she was offered some private face time with Bush -- because Operation Smile is a non-partisan group.

"It just feels wrong," one Simpson insider told Reuters on Wednesday, adding that the actress keeps her political views private. "She would love to meet the president and talk about Operation Smile ... but she can't do it at a fund-raiser for the Republican Party."

NRCC spokesman Carl Forti said he was surprised at Simpson's position.

"It's never been a problem for Bono," he said, referring to the U2 rock star who has met regularly with political leaders of all stripes to promote various causes, including Third World debt relief. "I find it hard to believe she would pass up an opportunity to lobby the president on behalf of Operation Smile."

Although Simpson's publicists insisted she never had planned to attend the fund-raiser, Forti said the actress initially accepted the NRCC invitation when it was extended on Tuesday night, only to change her mind the next evening.

Forti said the Republican group had even arranged for Simpson to dine at one of the head tables with U.S. House of Representatives Majority Leader John Boehner, an Ohio Republican. The NRCC hopes the $2,500-per-plate dinner event will raise $7.5 million for Republican candidates in the congressional midterm elections in November.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I guess she's smarter than some people think :D

Jessica Simpson snubs Bush

By Steve GormanWed Mar 15, 9:31 PM ET

NRCC spokesman Carl Forti said he was surprised at Simpson's position.

:down:

diamond said:

Poor diamond . Jessica has better things to do, like wash her hair :D

And as far as I know Bono has never appeared at a Democratic or Republican fundraiser, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. So for them to bring up his name isn't exactly 100% accurate.

Back
Top Bottom