Why do people let you down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guaca

Refugee
simple question should have a simple answer.

Maybe because you expect too much from them or you except them to treat you as you treat them.

Why what is it I'd like to know the answer and then squash it like a bug with my IO red orange glow bug squasher....:mad:

Are we supposed to be so spiritual that we should be able to read minds and just know the answer and therefore don't need to ask the question...:mad:

ok I'm done venting now...

You should make a distinction between people who let you down because they just don't care (assholes) and people who are unaware of the fact that they're letting you down. We all have different needs and expectations, and unfortunately it's not always easy to see what another person needs. Sometimes you'll end up hurting people when you're only trying to do the right thing.

The Golden Rules says -
Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You..:)

There is NO promise of reciprication however..
No guarantees.:idea:
DB9:cool:

interesting

I didn't think I needed to make a distinction. I thought it was only common courtesy and decency that shows the way you should treat people. Good nature, and all that.

Not talking about love and commitment - just oh frig I don't know what I expect...I guess I expect too much...

and people totally sick wind...*uses bug squasher on keyboard*

diamond said:
The Golden Rules says -

There is NO promise of reciprication however..
No guarantees.:idea:
DB9:cool:

reciprocate what exactly. If I ask for the salt and I say please pass the salt..you would pass the salt...I would say thank you..common courtesy.

Obviously very general in context but I don't see why it should be any different depending on the circumstance. If you are a friend then you should be one should you not. If you are a lover then you should be one. If you are a partner then you should be one.

You shouldn't be one only when it's convenient for you to do so...

Who wants guarantees...what I would want is for someone to be true to their word and that is all

WhackaMole said:
simple question should have a simple answer.

Maybe because you expect too much from them or you except them to treat you as you treat them.

I think the statement right there is the simple answer to the simple question:wink:

don't be sorry about it. use it. take what you're feeling and turn it around. do more good onto others. and although most of that good you'll not see returned you will know that you have done your part.

diamond said:
The Golden Rules says -

But mostly you 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you', but they care a shite about it and go on living their selfish way..... :mad:

I know what you're talking about WhackaMole...... :( And I didn't figured the answer out till today........The world is cruel and you should stop thinking on others - that's what I sometimes try to belive-------but in the end I am too soft-hearted....... :(

here have a whack

FallingStar said:

But mostly you 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you', but they care a shite about it and go on living their selfish way..... :mad:

I know what you're talking about WhackaMole...... :( And I didn't figured the answer out till today........The world is cruel and you should stop thinking on others - that's what I sometimes try to belive-------but in the end I am too soft-hearted....... :(
*hands IO bug squasher to FallingStar*

world is very very cruel and I'm very very sensitive and people really really suck

Re: here have a whack

WhackaMole said:
*hands IO bug squasher to FallingStar*

Thank you. :( But it won't help.........I'm too much a pacifist......... :sad: .........wishing to be...........

That is a really stupid question, and even more when I used that thing indirectly in my respond, but what means 'IO'?

IO newbie

FallingStar said:

Thank you. :( But it won't help.........I'm too much a pacifist......... :sad: .........wishing to be...........

That is a really stupid question, and even more when I used that thing indirectly in my respond, but what means 'IO'?

Aw well IO is INterference talk for It's Official. One of my IO buds sent me one in the mail this week and I've been using it daily..very therapeutic you shoudl try it

Re: IO newbie

WhackaMole said:
One of my IO buds sent me one in the mail this week and I've been using it daily..very therapeutic you shoudl try it

Really? Well, if you say that it is therapeutic. :D A try won't hurt anybody. :D :D

because people see things mostly from their point of view. what matters so much to you may not matter as much to the next person, and it's not that they want to hurt you, they just screw up because they didn't realize something was that important. That's how I see it a lot of the time anyway, but it still always hurts when it happens.

Back
Top Bottom