Why do Muslims keep on trying to ruin their image?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
The Islamic Thinker's Society was in NY yesterday protesting infront of the Israeli consulate. They carried signs saying Islam will dominate with a picture of the white house and a half cresent moon flag on top. Signs claiming the Holocaust was a hoax and how a mushroom cloud will come soon. :mad: :coocoo: :tsk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5BPVF1C5LE

here is a video.

Ignorance, one thing many Muslims cherish more than everything else. The beauty of being born in Western society is that we can understand many different perspectives of different people because we are given much information about various peoples and societies and the advantages and disadvantages of that. Islamics don't have access to this and are spoon fed this narrow minded crap which results in shit like this. Tolerance is all I want from all Muslims. We all tolerate their ideaologies (except extremism). All muslims should tolerate ours and that starts with education.

Last edited:
I'd just like to point out that not all Muslims are like this. For example, Turkey is mostly Muslim, but politically it is a secular state with freedom of religion for Christians, Jews, and believers in no religion. Turks are free to enjoy wine, beer, and the popular grape brandy, raki. (I despise brandy, I don't see myself as sampling this on my upcoming trip to Turkey). Turkey has a friendly relationship with Israel, and there is a Chief Rabbi resident in Istanbul. So while I agree with you deploring these dunderheaded fools who deny the Holocaust and want to harm our Israeli friends, please keep in mind that some of them are good people. I'm heavily influenced by Islamic art. I'm going to Turkey to study the art and enjoy all the unbelievable history there. People have lived there for 9,000 years and there have been twenty civilizations there. I'm going to have a blast. Just my purple tuppence's worth.

I know all muslims are not like these assholes. But because of these extremists it makes people distrust the muslim religon. Same can be said about what the priests do. To tell the Israelies and Americans that a mushroom cloud is on the way and the real holocaust will come soon is sickening.

I agree, that sucks. They're giving their peaceful co-religionists an underserved bad rep. It really pisses me off that there are idiots like that...........it's like the Ku Klux Klan, we have to put up with scum all over the world. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

But you see as the KKK lynched people, these extremist are ready to kill themselfs and many others in the name of Allah.

Because they are believers and their religion literally commands violence and subjegation. If you want to put out examples of moderate Muslims and contrast them you may see why they get ostracised in favour of a thug in a robe, they quite simply have done what most other believers did to adapt tothe modern world and changed the way that they practice their faith.

Generalisations are cruel, let the true believers speak for themselves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom