Why???????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
So I am sitting here at home- it is about 9pm here in Australia on Sept 11 and I am watching a documentary on the events of last year that is focusing on the people of New York in the days on and after the attack, showing their emotions and anger and it makes me so sad and makes me wonder why do we have to hate, why is their anger in this world, simply why???????

In retrospect I wrote this now, maybe it belongs in Zoo Confessionals but here it is,

Today is a day that I thought that I would never see
the disparities in society
makes you wonder do they feel, cry and bleed??

You will never make me see that killing is right
to justify what you deem a basic right
whilst all in all to sanctify your soul
I dont subscribe to your form of humanity

How long does it take to change your needs
forget about race, money and creed
stop glorifying your greed
learn to respect dignity
I wont ever subscribe to your form of humanity

flame me all if you will, but I am sad just now, sad at all of the hate that is out there in the world and I just dont get it!!!!!

:shrug:

Is hard to find answers, I think is a moment to embrace life, and thank those that put their lifes on the line.

Sept11trade-flag-s.jpg

Last edited:
I certainly don't know either...one word Q? I'll try a one word A...OIL

I think the key words in your post are disparity and greed.

The earth, it's atmosphere and resources are finite. There has to be a huge shift of consciouness and a will for change...and it needs to be soon, if we stand any hope of reversing the damage. So many people are toiling away, unsung heroes, trying to make a difference. I spent a long time despairing Aurora, I lost my fight, my faith. But I now realise the inaction is far more draining than giving it a go and failing.
So whatever you believe , the time is now.

I came across this poem in a "Surfing World" magazine wow! when I was 13, long time ago( "Lee Cooper jeans and surfing magazines..") It moved me back then and it still does.

"How little, from resources unrenewable by man
Cost the things of greatest value......."

Hmmmm sad realisation...I can't remember it. I have it written down somewhere. Later...it is encouraging.

Raf is right too, a day for appreciating the bravery, compassion and resilience of people. I heard the chaplain from the Australian fire department speak on the radio yesterday. He reminded people 9/11 was the anniversary of the event, but many people have not long finished their sad duties that resulted from that day.

I have spent my whole life being accused of being naive and idealist, and looking at things through rose coloured glasses. It's all I have really......Hope and a belief that it is possible.

PEACE ON EARTH

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom