Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2Traveller

Acrobat
Why must you hate?

Why?

Why must you hate Americans?

Why must you ban together and hate them?

I hate hate.

But, you know what, I'm proud to be American and I love America and Americans and if you weren't so bigoted you would too.

Hate...it's amazing, it's everywhere, it's unbelievable.

I will make it my duty to always sniff out those who love. We will stick together. That's the way it works.

Hate vs. love. Yep. I can see that's the way the world will be.

This isn't a very good site, is it? With people who love? Who are the ones who love?

I know disco2blue does. He's admirable.

Is this site not worth coming to?

Damn...you make me miss Bono more and more.

this, from you, who just stated in another thread:

"I am truly and horribly and sickeningly disappointed in Canadians. I am disgusted, too. I will try not to be hateful back, but it is very hard because I am human."

no one has said anything to make you think that anyone hates americans. you seem to get off on this though, so knock yourself out.

dandy said:

"I am truly and horribly and sickeningly disappointed in Canadians. I am disgusted, too. I will try not to be hateful back, but it is very hard because I am human."

no one has said anything to make you think that anyone hates americans. you seem to get off on this though, so knock yourself out.

disco2blue said plenty to make me think that Canadians hate Americans.

Thank you Traveller for posting this!

People saying they hate Americans is wrong. You may dislike the way our government works, and you make dislike our policies and who we elected as president but PLEASE do NOT lump us all together and hate us. For starters this country was pretty much divided in half this past election so it's clear to see we all don't think alike and believe the same things. Secondly, to say you hate us, that we are all stupid and that we should be stopped makes those who say it guilty of doing what they accuse the US of, intolerance.

I think everybody here knows where I stood on this last election and where I stand on most issues. However, that doesn't make me less of an American and I am damn proud to be part of this country. Yes I see the problems and yes they overwhelm me sometimes but America is great because I have the right to sit here and talk about what I don't like and I have the right to get out and vote so my voice is heard.

Why, oh why, oh why? Why is hate alright? Why must it always be alright to hate someone?

This place and this world sickens me. It's saddening how full of hate it is, but there are bright spots, and good people and I will join together with them, and I will work with them to make this world a better place...who care where I live. I am a citizen of the world.

LoveTown said:
Thank you Traveller for posting this!

People saying they hate Americans is wrong. You may dislike the way our government works, and you make dislike our policies and who we elected as president but PLEASE do NOT lump us all together and hate us. For starters this country was pretty much divided in half this past election so it's clear to see we all don't think alike and believe the same things. Secondly, to say you hate us, that we are all stupid and that we should be stopped makes those who say it guilty of doing what they accuse the US of, intolerance.

I think everybody here knows where I stood on this last election and where I stand on most issues. However, that doesn't make me less of an American and I am damn proud to be part of this country. Yes I see the problems and yes they overwhelm me sometimes but America is great because I have the right to sit here and talk about what I don't like and I have the right to get out and vote so my voice is heard.

Thanks Love Town, you are great.

I am just sickened and appalled right now. But, I won't give up hope and I will join with people like you to make this place a better place. Anyone who wants to can.

I'd rather lead and be part of a movement of love then hate.

Travellar, seriously, if you don't want people to hate Americans then you can't go and say bad things about Canadians.

First of all, when September 11 happened the Canadian government stepped right up and let all of our planes land there. Canadian citizens took in the people from those planes...let them into their HOMES and kept them safe, comfortable and fed until everything was secure again. The Canadian government sent troops to Afghanistan to aid us in that battle after September 11. The Canadian government and the people of Canada have ALWAYS been great friends of America. The fact that they did not want to send troops to Iraq does not negate all the good that they have done. As I said before, Canadians are GREAT people!

One more point. I live right on the border and I am around Canadians every single day. I find them to be kind, respectful, hard working, intelligent and very important members of our global society.

LoveTown said:
Travellar, seriously, if you don't want people to hate Americans then you can't go and say bad things about Canadians.

First of all, when September 11 happened the Canadian government stepped right up and let all of our planes land there. Canadian citizens took in the people from those planes...let them into their HOMES and kept them safe, comfortable and fed until everything was secure again. The Canadian government sent troops to Afghanistan to aid us in that battle after September 11. The Canadian government and the people of Canada have ALWAYS been great friends of America. The fact that they did not want to send troops to Iraq does not negate all the good that they have done. As I said before, Canadians are GREAT people!

Did you even read what disco said?

Well, you have all just renewed my belief that I am wasting my time on a U2 forum and that the best people in the world are right here in my own backyard, and that my friends are pretty darn special, no matter where they are from.

U2Traveller said:
Why must you hate?

Why?

Why must you hate Americans?

Why must you ban together and hate them?

I hate hate.

But, you know what, I'm proud to be American and I love America and Americans and if you weren't so bigoted you would too.

Hate...it's amazing, it's everywhere, it's unbelievable.

I will make it my duty to always sniff out those who love. We will stick together. That's the way it works.

Hate vs. love. Yep. I can see that's the way the world will be.

This coming from a person who said "only wimps live in Canada" sounds almost comic if it wasn't TRAGIC.

P.S. Where was I ever anti-Canadian? Seems to me it was QUITE the other way around.

Oh well.

What can I expect?

This kind of situation always serves to make my blood boil. But, instead I'll just do this.:banghead: and then get busy building my life the way I want it.

U2Traveller said:
P.S. Where was I ever anti-Canadian? Seems to me it was QUITE the other way around.

Oh well.

What can I expect?

This kind of situation always serves to make my blood boil. But, instead I'll just do this.:banghead: and then get busy building my life the way I want it.

So you deny you said "only wimps live in Canada"...

Who's delusional again?

allow me to refresh your memory:

dandy said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom