Who's forgotten?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remembering.........

15 minutes ago, I entered the cockpit of a 757 (one of the aircraft used for the attacks). This was the first time I have ever been in a cockpit of a 757 (our little airport often gets weather diversions from Chicago's Midway Airport). All I could think of was "Wow, this is HUGE." It led me to think of one of the cockpits barreling into the World Trade Towers. It was a very chilling thought as I delivered the flight paperwork to the captain, looking at his seat, and thinking what transpired that morning.

Forget? NEVER.

wolfwill23 said:

To suggust that the US gov. had something to do with 9/11 is about the same as saying the Holocaust never happened.

Both remarks are extremely insenctive and ignorant.

Well wolf, i think you are right. I did see a tv program a couple of months ago on German tv about the education on schools and asked the students about the holocaust,...it was very ill making. More the 50 % did not even know what the holocaust was.

The same is happening here in the Netherlands, ask the youth ( younger than 16 ) and it would diseapoint everyone at this board.

But,...was there any program on American TV asked why 9/11 happend ? Or was it only, look what they did to us. We will get the bastards. If 9/11 only should be remembed to keep the hate alive, better forget it.

Last edited:
Klaus said:
Rono:
they didn't know about the holocaust?
That really surprises me i had 3 years "third reich history" in school and EVERY class in germany has to visit a concentration camp

i wonder whom they were asking in that poll
Klaus
It was a reportage on schools in Berlin on panaorama, i guess that education on those learnfactories differend is than on small schools in small cities. I thought it was on panorama ( ARD ) but i am not shure .

Rono: thats really bad :(
normally the bundesland (equivalent to state) decides what is taught, but there are some things everyone should know - and even when Berlin (a city and a bundesland at the same time) is almost bancrupt, it shocks and upsets me that people it can hapen in this country :(
Also Panorama prefers to make noise over serious journalism, i guess i try to get a copy of this (Panorama)

Can you remember when it was broadcasted (approx)?

Klaus

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom