Who is Jesus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

socalu2fan

That is perhaps the biggest question that people need to decide in their lives. What do you all thing? Who is Jesus?

Some man who lived about 2000 years ago in the Roman Province of Judaea/Palaestina and proclaimed to be the long-expected son of the Jewish God, and some believed him.

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

He is the Holy Son Of God, who came to earth to destroy the work of the Devil. And he did that by willingly dying on the cross to pay the price for our sins, because we can't pay it ourselves.

A man who lived about 2000 years ago and became known as society's savior and messiah. He died on the cross for us, and only for us. He is the only son of God. He is the greatest person ever, a miracle worker, life saver and everything else.

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

Jesus, even for those who arent Christian, is one of the only, if not the only, Man that stands for the greatest things ever.

I seriously think, at least me personally, that I dont spend enough time thinking how great He really is.

------------------
-death bear

That's interesting, death bear, "even for those who aren't Christian" -- they could still regard Jesus as a great man. I mean, folks may not believe that he is the Son of God, but they gotta admit, he taught revolutionary principles (remember how he said that he came not to bring peace, but a sword?) and had endless compassion (he hung out with the 'worst' people).

It's my opinion that Jesus did struggle within himself and with God about whether he was the Messiah. I think we could've learnt more about this aspect if we had documentation of the lost 30 years of his life (in between childhood and around his baptism). Who knows? *shrug* Oh well, it's no use for me to wonder because the point is that he did accept his role as sacrificial lamb and went through with the crucifixion.

I find it comforting that he was also a 'man of sorrows' because it shows his compassion.

foray

Wow Mr. Swallow. Of all the answers I liked yours the best, one day I hope to be able to say the same. I know that He will always be mine but I know that I am hardly ever His. Anyway, thanks for blessing me Johnny!

DC-

The details of my life are inconsequential.

Oh no, lets hear about your childhood.

Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen-year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy... the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical... summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds... pretty standard, really. At the age of twelve, I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

The biggest tall tale in the history of mankind.

Who knows?

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Originally posted by bonoman:
The biggest tall tale in the history of mankind.Who knows?
I do, because he lives in me. His Holy Spirit has taken residence in my heart. And it is no tall tale, I can assure you of that.

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Originally posted by bonoman:
The biggest tall tale in the history of mankind.Who knows?
I do, because he lives in me. His Holy Spirit has taken residence in me. And it is no tall tale, I can assure you of that.

Originally posted by socalu2fan:
Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen-year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy... the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical... summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds... pretty standard, really. At the age of twelve, I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

This is quite good. Great addition to an otherwise blase thread.

Andy Doyle,
a BS quote from one of the biggest failure's in history, Communism!

Sorry to be pedantic, but the more important question is, "What am I doing to bring an end to poverty and injustice in this world?"

But then, that might be the very same question as was first asked here.

hey there is no proff that he was alive exept for a book...

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Bonoman,
Hey, there is no proof that anyone back then was alive except for books!

"Oh Lord, if I had anything at all, I'd give it to you" GLORIA

"The real battle just begun. To claim the victory Jesus won" SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY

I'm still trying to find out. I was hoping to gain more insight from this thread, but so far I have only seen pretty standard answers.

Having read through the thread again, I have to say that foray's post seemed to be going places. I would like to hear more.

[This message has been edited by Klodomir (edited 07-19-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom