Who here has led the roughest life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wild Honey

Babyface
I'm just curious to know what you've all been through.
If you dont want to go into detail, you can just give us the jist of it.

------------------

I had a cancerous tumor in my kidney when I was 6 or 7, so I had to have my kidney removed. My advice to all of you is to not get cancer. It stinks. Especially if you need chemo.

Also, my hamsters escaped from their cage and suffocated behind the refrigerator when I was 10 or so.

I still think 80sU2isbest wins, though.

[This message has been edited by speedracer (edited 01-23-2002).]

well i haven't had the roughest life by far; i'm quite lucky i suppose but right now i'm going through some very hard times *sigh*

------------------
' I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name. . .'
.:. U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

i must say i have had a very lucky life. normal but cool parents who never fought, everything within reason and all the things that a child should reasonably be provided with were done so.

all in all very happy and grateful.
i hope i can bring children into the world as well as my parents did for me. so far i've got the girl and am headed towards having the education...stay tuned i guess but such is life.

my girlfriend has led a much harder life and i admire her will, don't think i would be able to do it.

------------------
reflective panelling

I don't understand the motivation behind this thread. Is it misery loves company or are we trying to make ourselves feel better by saying "well at least I haven't had that happen to me!" Either one isn't good.

Four well-dressed men sitting together at a vacation resort. "Farewell to Thee" being played in the background on Hawaiian guitar.

Michael Palin: Ahh.. Very passable, this, very passable.

Graham Chapman: Nothing like a good glass of Chateau de Chassilier wine, ay Gessiah?

Terry Gilliam: You're right there Obediah.

Eric Idle: Who'd a thought thirty years ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Chateau de Chassilier wine?

MP: Aye. In them days, we'd a' been glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.

GC: A cup ' COLD tea.

EI: Without milk or sugar.

TG: OR tea!

MP: In a filthy, cracked cup.

EI: We never used to have a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.

GC: The best WE could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.

TG: But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.

MP: Aye. BECAUSE we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness."

EI: 'E was right. I was happier then and I had NOTHIN'. We used to live in this tiiiny old house, with greaaaaat big holes in the roof.

GC: House? You were lucky to have a HOUSE! We used to live in one room, all hundred and twenty-six of us, no furniture. Half the floor was missing; we were all huddled together in one corner for fear of FALLING!

TG: You were lucky to have a ROOM! *We* used to have to live in a corridor!

MP: Ohhhh we used to DREAM of livin' in a corridor! Woulda' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woken up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House!? Hmph.

EI: Well when I say "house" it was only a hole in the ground covered by a piece of tarpaulin, but it was a house to US.

GC: We were evicted from *our* hole in the ground; we had to go and live in a lake!

TG: You were lucky to have a LAKE! There were a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road.

MP: Cardboard box?

TG: Aye.

MP: You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

GC: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at three o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, go to work at the mill every day for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would beat us around the head and neck with a broken bottle, if we were LUCKY!

TG: Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

EI: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."

MP: But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

ALL: Nope, nope..

hehe reminds me of that joke...cant remember it, just the punchline. 3 old men are talking about how bad their lives are and the 3rd says 'yeah well every morning i have to take a pee at 6am!' and the others say, 'thats not too bad', and the last one says 'yeah but i can never wake up before 7am'

boom boom.

Well done Klodomir... I was going to disrupt this thread, due to it's non beneficial negativity, but I think you said what we all were wondering.. and Did it with including Michael Palin.

L.Unplugged

actually,you people are taking this waaaayyy out of context. i didnt mean this as a contest, or any of the other assumptions anyone has come to.
I probably should have entitled this thread "What all have you been through" or somethinglike that. I was just curious to see how tough the folks here are, its was just supposed to be one of those threads where you learn more about each other, that sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom