Who do you look up to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
Okay this is like the "who do you fear" thread but its who do you admire. It can be ANYONE!

I really admire my Gram for everything that she has given up and done for my family!

:hug:

Here are some people I look up to, by category.

FAMILY MEMBERS: mom, both grandmothers, stepmother, my stepmother's mom, a cousin of mine who survived brain cancer

FRIENDS: I have a friend who is openly gay and is studying to be a priest. I give him so much props for doing something like that at a time like this.

FAMOUS PEOPLE: Bono, Susan Sarandon, Sandra Day O'Connor, Tori Amos, and Elvis ;)

(Of course, those are all living people--the list would greatly expand if I counted dead people.)

Deaf , dumb and blind

Roger Waters
Brian Eno
David Bowie
Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
Slash , all guys from RHCP
Nikolai Habibulin
Noman Garcioparra
Elvis Presley and Marylyn Monroe
Stanley Kubrick
George Lucas
ME-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Lord Biron
Napoleon

I look up to my dad. When I was a little kid, I always thought of him as some type of superman who could do anything. I still feel that way. :)

My gramma Pat. I love that tiny little woman :heart:

My parents had alot of problems and I was pretty much raised by my grandparents and now that I look back on all the sacrifices she made to raise me and my sister, I wonder if I could ever be so selfless. She's my hero :)

My mom. Words cannot even express how much I admire and am grateful for that woman.

My friend Briget. She's had almost two years of the crap I've been going through related to work (off and on) and I give her major props for still fighting and trying to find something that works.

Famous people? Bono, Susan Sarandon, Bruce, Little Steven, Madonna, Steve Yzerman, Vladimir Konstantinov, Shirley Manson, etc.

My whole family-they do any and everything they put their minds to, they're very intelligent people, and they aren't afraid to speak their minds-hence why I'm so opinionated myself. :D.

Friends: My friend Cassidy-I admire her so much-here she is, managing to start making a life for herself at the age of 18, she finished a summer at this college in southern Iowa, and she's a fantastic artist-all of which would be pretty ordinary for 18 year olds, except that my friend Cassidy is legally blind. And she's managed to keep a positive outlook on life, she's managed to achieve a lot of great things, she doesn't let her disability stop her from doing something. And my friends Sean and Will-they are also very opinionated, and they are completely non-conformist-they do their own thing and don't care what other people think of them. They're good people who will stand up for what they believe in.

As far as famous people go: John Lennon (he and I are on the exact same page with what he says in the song "Imagine"), Bono and his wife Ali, Robin Williams, Martin Luther King, Jr., Rosa Parks-all these people were never or are not selfish and conceited, they're dedicated to helping people, or they fought for equal rights for everyone, and they put forth a message of peace and love, and they don't or didn't use violence to solve their problems, and they are or were involved with various charities and organizations, they are commited to making the world a better place, and for that, I applaud them a million times over-rock on!

Angela

my father - for pushing sleep way past deprivation in order to provide so much to my family
my mother - for being such a great homemaker and giving up her chances for a degree

also look up to - anyone who drips respect. there are a lot of good people on this planet that would give minutes upon hours of time to be in company/ presence of others. friends kick ass. :up:

ghandi, for his efforts in passive protesting (of course, mlk falls in said category too)

my mom. she's so bright and witty and all i am i owe to her (in more than a biological way)

my lit teacher from the past 2 years. he was so tough on me and would make me get so mad at him and want to prove him wrong, so i'd work doubly as hard on my papers and he'd STILL grade me hard to make me keep going. i've never felt so competenat as when i got an a on a paper he gave me. i still keep in touch with him. that makes my day.

I look up to the crazy poeople - the misfits, the rebels because anyone who is crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who usually do.

Back
Top Bottom