Who can acces the website of Bush ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I could, but it made my skin crawl. :yuck: Please don't make me go there again!

Earnie Shavers said:
It's a shame we can't send a message back;

Dear George,

No, YOU were not authorized.

Regards,

The Rest Of The World.

The mesage is now given as "you were authorized before you were not authorized".

Rono said:
I can`t but maybe Americans can, so is this site accesible only by Americans ?

http://www.georgewbush.com/

Yep! How funny! World leader my ass. :madspit:

Bush website blocked outside US

Access to the site is blocked
Surfers outside the US have been unable to visit the official re-election site of President George W Bush.
The blocking of browsers sited outside the US began in the early hours of Monday morning.

Since then people outside the US trying to browse the site get a message saying they are not authorised to view it.

The blocking does not appear to be due to an attack by vandals or malicious hackers, but as a result of a policy decision by the Bush camp.

Traffic control

The international exclusion zone around georgewbush.com was spotted by net monitoring firm Netcraft which keeps an eye on traffic patterns across many different sites.

Netcraft said that since the early hours of 25 October attempts to view the site through its monitoring stations in London, Amsterdam and Sydney failed.

Traffic was turned off earlier this week
By contrast Netcraft's four monitoring stations in the US managed to view the site with no problems.

The site can still be seen using anonymous proxy services that are based in the US. Some web users in Canada also report that they can browse the site.

Readers of the Boingboing weblog also found that viewers could get at the site by using alternative forms of the George W Bush domain name.

The pattern of traffic to the website suggests that the blocking was not due to an attack by vandals or politically motivated hackers.

Geographic blocking works because the numerical addresses that the net uses to organise itself are handed out on a regional basis.

On 21 October, the George W Bush website began using the services of a company called Akamai to ensure that the pages, videos and other content on its site reaches visitors.

Mike Prettejohn, president of Netcraft, speculated that the blocking decision might have been taken to cut costs, and traffic, in the run-up to the election on 2 November.

He said the site may see no reason to distribute content to people who will not be voting next week.

Managing traffic could also be a good way to ensure that the site stays working in the closing days of the election campaign.

However, simply blocking non-US visitors also means that Americans overseas are barred too.

Akamai declined to comment, saying it could not talk about customer websites.

From BBC

it would be hard for them to block canadian visitors Dave C.

i can get it too. is there information anyone would like me to retrieve? :wink:

nbcrusader said:
I guess you would want to reserve bandwidth for the voters?

perhaps. or maybe we can come up with something more sinister so you can say 'there go the conspiracy theorists again:eyebrow: '
:wink:

Re: it can only be view by citizens that are "Under God".

deep said:
They are blocking people from Massachusetts, also.

Haha! Priceless! But of course you know all those Massachusetts people are un-American, liberals :shifty: :ohmy: anyway!

Re: it can only be view by citizens that are "Under God".

deep said:
They are blocking people from Massachusetts, also.

Is this yet another case of deep humor or are you sharing something from a respectable news source.

Do you really need to ask?

But seriously,

Is it not a bit disquieting that someone campaigning to be president of the United States stump speech consist of attacking the citizens of one of those states?

This is un-American, that is my opinion.

deep said:
Do you really need to ask?

But seriously,

Is it not a bit disquieting that someone campaigning to be president of the United States stump speech consist of attacking the citizens of one of those states?

This is un-American, that is my opinion.

Actually, I ask just in case I should take your post seriously. Like this post - you have a cryptic, yet inflamatory style - its hard to tell what is real and what is show.

Earnie Shavers said:

Can you check and see if the bombing begins in 5 minutes?

:sad:

ronald_reagan_150.jpg

I miss the good ol' days....

One GOP official in Washington state openly worried about whether a county party organization had violated federal campaign laws by running an ad for Bush in its newsletter.

"God help us if the Democrats find out," wrote Ardean A. Anvik, a state committee man from Mason County.

Informed of the satirical site's e-mail postings, Bush campaign spokesman Reed Dickens was unfazed.

"We're grateful that over 7 million people have found the right address at georgewbush.com," he said. "We hope more people will find the real georgewbush.com."

That won't be possible for millions around the world, though. This week, the Bush campaign changed the settings on its official site to make it inaccessible to international users. Dickens said he was not permitted to provide an explanation.

The change was good news for Wooden.

"Everyone can still see georgewbush.org," said Wooden, "which I think is a far more accurate representation of the motives and priorities of the Bush campaign."
http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/timespoll/la-na-bushweb28oct28,1,2791907.story
THE RACE FOR THE WHITE HOUSE
Republicans' Lost E-Mails Are Satirical Website's Gain
By Peter Wallsten
Times Staff Writer

October 28, 2004

WASHINGTON — For months, campaign staffers for President Bush and other Republican operatives have been sending internal memos and other documents, some of them sensitive, to the wrong e-mail address.

That is how the world learned this week of a so-called "caging" list consisting largely of African American voters in Florida, who critics say were likely targets of GOP voter challenges.

The e-mails were sent to georgewbush.org instead of georgewbush.com. The satirical georgewbush.org pokes fun at the president — and is displaying many of those e-mails.

Posted on the website now is material related to the campaign's battleground state strategy, fretting over Democratic candidate John F. Kerry's gains on the stem cell issue, Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's scripts for automated calls to Spanish-speaking voters encouraging early voting — even discussion by one of presidential daughter Barbara Bush's admirers, who was advised by one correspondent to "stay away from [twin sister] Jenna or things could get ugly."

The website's owner, John Wooden, said he only discovered in the last two weeks that the site had been collecting the errant e-mails. The e-mails can be found by clicking on the link for the "Dead Letter Office."

One GOP official in Washington state openly worried about whether a county party organization had violated federal campaign laws by running an ad for Bush in its newsletter.

"God help us if the Democrats find out," wrote Ardean A. Anvik, a state committee man from Mason County.

On Kerry's apparent success in scoring points over embryonic stem cell research, one Republican wrote to campaign advisor Mary Matalin in early October: "Can't we say something intelligent? Can't Bush announce something progressive like dedicating even more federal funds to stem cells and other, more advanced areas such as cord blood? … When healthcare is discussed next debate, things like stem cells and healthcare insurance and expensive drugs could bury him."

It was another set of misdirected e-mails that tipped off the British Broadcasting Corp. to a list GOP researchers prepared of more than 1,800 presumably Democratic voters in Jacksonville, Fla.

The publishers of georgewbush.org sent that e-mail — complete with voter names — to a BBC reporter about 10 days ago, said Wooden, the Brooklyn-based Web designer who created the site and posted the e-mails.

"I was as surprised as anyone," said Wooden, who bought the domain name a year ago for $1,000 and has since built a site that closely resembles the campaign's official site.

"When I realized what was there, I was excited," he said. "I thought there would be some juicy Watergate-type thing. The caging thing was the only one that was remotely interesting."

There are, however, a few more eyebrow-raising items.

One activist suggests producing an ad focused on Lynne Cheney's remark that Kerry was a "bad man" for invoking her daughter's sexual orientation.

A memo intended for Bush senior strategist Karl Rove before the party's national convention offers a list of invitees — including conservative journalists, members of Congress and Cabinet officials — to a "confidential" party sponsored by pharmaceutical giant Pfizer Inc.

An e-mail written this month labeled "For Internal Use Only" laid out plans for three Ohio events targeting African American pastors who backed Bush.

Informed of the satirical site's e-mail postings, Bush campaign spokesman Reed Dickens was unfazed.

"We're grateful that over 7 million people have found the right address at georgewbush.com," he said. "We hope more people will find the real georgewbush.com."

That won't be possible for millions around the world, though. This week, the Bush campaign changed the settings on its official site to make it inaccessible to international users. Dickens said he was not permitted to provide an explanation.

The change was good news for Wooden.

"Everyone can still see georgewbush.org," said Wooden, "which I think is a far more accurate representation of the motives and priorities of the Bush campaign."

Back
Top Bottom