Which network anchor of the big 3 do you prefer to watch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which network anchor of the Big 3 do you prefer to watch?

• ABC-Charles Gibson

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • CBS-Katie Couric

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • NBC-Brian Williams

Votes: 16 64.0%

• Total voters

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
I'm just curious. Who do you watch?

I personally :heart: Brian Williams. (He fills up my iPod too :tongue: ) His blog is absolutely FASCINATING, I highly recommend it to everyone here so you can know how and why he makes decisions on certain news stories, plus other random tidbits. www.dailynightly.msnbc.com He's also very humorous, if you ever catch him on Conan or the Daily Show he's an absolute stitch. Sometimes he allows his humor get through into the broadcast. I guess you have to be an avid viewer to notice. He's been a great successor to Brokaw, IMO.

/endgush

Last edited:
I don't watch the network news that often, but I'd say my preference is Charles Gibson (he's still Charlie to me). I like him-he's down to earth and real. I have always watched ABC News too, it's just my preference.

I tried to watch Katie but I just didn't like the format and certain things bugged me-like Katie sitting on the desk :huh: Maybe now it will be better with a new producer. I'll try it again. They need to just have her deliver the news and not make it like the Today show.

ABC-Charles Gibson

NBC-Brian Williams

with a tivo and dvr

I fast forward through (some segments) but watch both of them in about 35 minutes

Prefer Charles Gibson.

Katie Couric is a disgrace. She's absolutely awful, what a terrible "first woman" to represent us.

But I don't really like any of the 3 networks. I mainly watch the BBC and CBC with MSNBC thrown in.

Sean Hannity:wink: kidding. I dont watch news that much. To much bad news never anything good.

coemgen said:
I don't watch network news.

I don't either. I usually watch the local network evening news, but not the national news with these anchors. There's only so many hours of news (plus news sites and blog reading during the day) I can stomach.

Brian Williams is nice, but not for reasons having anything to do with news anchoring...

I usually watch cable news, but if I do watch the networks, it will be Charles Gibson

I've always been an ABC person, but have stopped watching regularly since Peter Jennings passed away :sad:

Otherwise, I tend to watch Anderson Cooper :combust:

Yeah, I'm going to be the oddball here, but I like Katie Couric the most of the three. I think this has to do with the fact that I work in news and I'm jaded, so I like that her stories are much less histrionic than the other two.

Luckily, I live near Canada and get CBC, so that would be my vote if it were an option. Long stories, no tabloid-style exaggeration!

I can't tell if it's the news or Extra or Entertainment Tonight so I stick to CBC and BBC. So Peter Mansbridge and Katy Kay with the odd visit to CTV to watch Lloyd Robertson.

I get a kick out of watching John Roberts on CNN who used to be one of Canada's original Muchmusic VJs, JD Roberts.

photos_1985-1.jpg

With Erica Ehm, another one of our original VJs who got a pic with this dude

photos_1981-2.jpg

Last edited:
This poll needs a fourth option for Australians: SBS - Mary Kostakidis.

onebloodonelife said:
I've always been an ABC person, but have stopped watching regularly since Peter Jennings passed away :sad:

Otherwise, I tend to watch Anderson Cooper :combust:

Same here. My parents and I always watched ABC news while we ate dinner or right after dinner. I still watch it while I'm down there, but mostly I prefer to read news on my own.

That reminds me, I picked up a copy of Anderson Cooper's memoir last summer and haven't gotten around to reading it yet :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom