Which do you think is more important in a life: the past, the present or the future?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
I mean, the past being what makes you who you are, the present being what you can influence (up to a point) and the future being open for any possibilities?

this reminds me of one of the satanic points.

VII - Build not upon sand but upon rock, and build not for today or yesterday but for all time

In this case I cannot answer you question because I regard the past, present, anf future as equally important. in life.

The present.....

the past cannot be changed

And for the future- just look forward to it

Yes, I'm cheeeeeezie....

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass.
:scream:

You glorify the past when the future dries up.

These are the words Bono sang in God Part II. Like I need to repeat this statement. You're all intellgent people.

I believe that no matter what has happened in the past, or present, the future is wide open to virtually ANY possiblity. If you give in to this hope and faith, you're doomed to fail at anything you set your heart to do. All of us have had unique experiences that determine where we are at the present. We know that the past is significant in respect to where we are now, and thus the present. The future is wide open. We have, to quote the Dixie Chicks, "wide open spaces". Despite the hatred most of U2 fans have of country music I believe that this concept is especially relevant to the question. We all have wide open spaces that will go which ever way we wish.

Have a good day, and remember that the world CAN be changed by a few.

what a great question really...

all three depend on each other in some shape or form...

good thread, u2girl.

set your sights...

I think it is a good thing to remember your past...learn from it but don't dwell in it. You look ahead when you drive don't you? Live in the here and now present but set your sights and goals on your future...:)

Zoomerang96 said:
what a great question really...

all three depend on each other in some shape or form...

good thread, u2girl.

Thank you. Glad you like it.

I would definitely have to say that now is more important because you can't change the past and the future is what happens when you influenced today. Like I alway say, "why wait for tomorrow when we have today...":lol:

Back
Top Bottom