Where's Cheney?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:
I don't mind not seeing him around :shrug:

Me neither. All he´d have to give would be another snobbish comment, like we´re used from Bush, the First Lady, and Condi.

Uh by the way, Americans, did I congratulate you for your last election?

Big :up: to all Bush-voters.
You chose the right people for the job. Really, its all about commitment.

cheney's company didn't donate anything to the disaster. they make the food rations for the army, don't they? they could help.

I'm not sure I'm happy to say this but I found him :|

I started searching for recent articles and was beginning to really wonder when the last news article I could find was from June.

The white house website has more current activities for him. The things he's been up to aren't exactly newsworthy. He was last seen in the ozarks giving a speech Aug 18th. So it has been a while since he's been photographed :shrug:

I think with the halliburton issues right now maybe they want us to forget he's our V.P

Here is the link in case anyone wants to keep track of him:wink:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/vicepresident/

He's the Vice President and he shouldn't be on vacation just the week after the worst natural disaster in the history of the country.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i believe joking about a man's health, especially without any evidence to back it up, is in very bad taste, and god forbid anyone made such a comment about a "popular" leader on these boards... i.e. a democrat... he'd be ripped to shreads, and the thread would be closed.

:up:

It's a shame there aren't any popular democrats so we could test that threory out.:wink:

Course, at the same time, Headache, that's admitting that some Republicans would stoop to this level of joking around if it were a Democrat in office, so would they really have room to talk here?

Anywho, I agreed with the joking nature of U2democrat's post, yes, but at the same time, if someone indeed has serious health problems, I feel bad for the person, irregardless of party lines, and wish they get better. And I really do think that most people here would say the same thing.

Anywho...

Lila64 said:
:rant: I didn't vote for Bush :rant: :banghead:

Neither did I.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
Course, at the same time, Headache, that's admitting that some Republicans would stoop to this level of joking around if it were a Democrat in office, so would they really have room to talk here?

and your point shall be forthcomming?

any thread making fun of someone's potentialy life threatening health issue should be closed.

someone makes an off color comment based on the fact that sock rhymes with cock and everyone's all up in arms. but make fun of dick cheney's heart problems, and you can have an entire thread to do it. woo hoo!!

Moonlit_Angel said:

I guess this is a good example of how polarized the country is...

No kidding. Well, point taken, in any case. No more Cheney jokes for me. I'm more than happy to not talk about him anymore.

any thread making fun of someone's potentialy life threatening health issue should be closed.

someone makes an off color comment based on the fact that sock rhymes with cock and everyone's all up in arms. but make fun of dick cheney's heart problems, and you can have an entire thread to do it. woo hoo!!

My own father is a retired cardiologist. It's not cool to crack jokes about heart disease. I will agree with this 100%. The same is true of any serious health issue.

I'm just saying it would seem hypocritical for a Republican to get up in arms that a Democrat's doing this, as some Republicans wouldn't be that innocent, either, if the situation were reversed. That's my point. And I'd say the same thing if a Democrat got outraged over a Republican making jokes about a Democratic leader.

Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

Well, the closing thing, that's for the mods to decide, you'd have to ask them about that. But even with the jokes in here, at the same time, I would also imagine that the people making said jokes know people with heart problems or who've had them in the past (my dad being one of them) or have dealt with this themselves, and actually do truly care, even if it doesn't seem that way from these posts.

Also, nbcrusader, I'm not quite sure what you're getting at.

Angela

The sock/cock issue (please, don't say it :silent: ) hasn't led to a thread being closed either -- sure some people are expressing their unhappiness with the comment, but as yet I don't believe that's a reason to close a thread.

With regard to this thread, I happen to agree that making fun of a serious illness is in bad taste. However, I can't go around locking every thread which has a distasteful remark in it -- we'd have no threads left! All I can say is that at this point this thread seems largely pointless since very little discussion of any serious issue is taking place, so I would suggest people either use this thread for some meaningful discussion or ignore it entirely.

I'm trying to be consistent here, and I appreciate that both the threads you refer to have caused offence to a number of people, but I don't believe there's a good reason for either of the threads to be closed.

So has anyone heard anything about where Cheney might be and why, after Katrina hit over a week ago, still no comment or statement from the Vice President of the United States of America? Just wondering...

from the NY Daily News

"Nobody's going to confuse Dick Cheney with a warm and fuzzy guy," Paul Begala said. "You're not going to send him to be comforter-in-chief. He's the type of guy who would look at them and growl, 'Life's tough. Get back to work.' :)silent: ) Plus he's busy ruining Iraq." :laugh: :wink:

MrsSpringsteen said:

Asked by a reporter if had encountered similar protests during his tour, Cheney replied: "That's the first time I've heard it."

really??

Vice President Dick Cheney got into a testy exchange with Vermont Senator Patrick Leahy over matters of policy and politics. “Fuck yourself,” Cheney said and walked away.

kellyahern said:

"Well if it's the first time, it won't be the last."

actually

he never hears (or acknowledges) anything an average American says

now if this guy had a few billion to throw at him

deep said:

Far be it from me to defend Dick Cheney, but your (unsourced) quote is well over a year old and in any case Cheney wasn't asked if he'd told anyone else to go f--- themselves, but whether he'd been told to go f--- himself. A small distinction but an important one. :wink: :lol:

You, Cheney going around and touring NO and Mississippi, okay fine. Then I watch Anderson Cooper tonight, and people are still stranded! He goes out on a boat with a doctor to do a story about the water, and they find some poor guy who says he's been in this building all week and people are still stranded there and no one's been to help them. Right now, they're talking to an elderly man who only speaks Spanish and they just found him above a store. Just like right this minute!

And Cheney's going around, "Oh it's tough, but we're making progress." :blahblah:

Where is his rage? Isn't he angry? I mean, I just . . . aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! :banghead: :banghead: :rant:

:sigh: Thanks, I feel better now. Until someone breaks out their "talking points" again.

7.gif

Back
Top Bottom