Where was GW having Turkey today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BVSS-
I posted pics of Clinton AFTER a member called Bush a chronic lair.
It went w/the flow of the thread.:)

DB9

Happy late birthday BVS

this just pisses me off - yes OT

HIGHTOWER: Bush's Bubble

By Jim Hightower, AlterNet
December 2, 2003

Did you happen to see the dignity with which the Italian people honored their 19 soldiers who were killed in an attack in Iraq? All 19 coffins were draped in the Italian flag, Italy's president was present for a moving ceremony, and there was a day of national mourning.

Contrast this show of dignity to our White House's cold avoidance of any public mourning of the more than 400 coffins that have come back to our country from George W's war in Iraq. Bush handlers say they don't want him seen with the coffins of our dead soldiers, for that would be "off message." Rather, the Bushites are pushing a cheery message, proclaiming that things are going according to plan in Iraq, with great progress being made in our glorious occupation.

so does this and should any person with loved ones i n Iraq, and now I am one

Not only do the Bushites stay on message, but their right-wing media apologists also try to put a smiley face on our losses there, as do George's congressional parrots. For example, one of the blathering GOP congress critters, George Nethercutt of Spokane, recently went to Iraq on the taxpayer's dime for four days. He then returned and dutifully offered this brilliant insight: "The story of what we've done in Iraq is remarkable. It is a better and more important story than losing a couple of soldiers every day."

Methinks that Mr. Bush never would have gotten elected if there wasn't a term limit that ended Clinton's time in office. And methinks you know that, diamond. And methinks it bugs ya a little. :wink:

anitram said:
Methinks that Mr. Bush never would have gotten elected if there wasn't a term limit that ended Clinton's time in office. And methinks you know that, diamond. And methinks it bugs ya a little. :wink:

No term limits? We'd still have Reagan in office! :up: :sexywink:

One of the beauties of the USA though is we are a Democratic Republic and not a kingdom frustrating a few social elites:up:

Last edited:
anitram said:

Methinks you are wrong...LOL:wink:

Ahhh yes...another coffin post. Nice to see we are treating the President differently than every other President in office. I again point to the research presented earlier in the thread. There is NO history of American Presidents doing anything like this. I hate to burst your bubble.

:rolleyes: :banghead:

Of course....I maybe I was wrong....Clinton was good at attneding the funerals of the relatives of campain donors as I demonstrated earlier...:hmm: Maybe he would have been a three term president.

Scarletwine said:
Not only do the Bushites stay on message, but their right-wing media apologists also try to put a smiley face on our losses there, as do George's congressional parrots. For example, one of the blathering GOP congress critters, George Nethercutt of Spokane, recently went to Iraq on the taxpayer's dime for four days. He then returned and dutifully offered this brilliant insight: "The story of what we've done in Iraq is remarkable. It is a better and more important story than losing a couple of soldiers every day."

Its seems that Jim Hightower from Alter-Net can't quote people correctly either....LOL seems to be a habit amongst the left.....

[Q]"The story of what we have done in the postwar period is remarkable, because the coalition has been rebuilding power plants, police stations, schools and other infrastructure, as well as taking early steps toward self-governance. So the story is better than we might be led to believe in the news. I'm indicting the news people. It's a bigger and better and more important story than losing a couple of soldiers every day, which, which, heaven forbid, is awful."[/Q]

He is saying what a friend of mine recently would not do. He would NOT turn on the news. He just returned from Iraq. he is redeploying back to Iraq soon and will not watch the news. He did for about a week, and says that they are not accurately depicting the work that is being done. He has sionce refused to pick up a newspaper or turn on the TV.

Last edited:
diamond said:
why do we Republicans rock so much:hmm:?

I do not know...but I resigned from the party and my elected position because I disagree with manner in which the case was made for war at the UN and the case that was made to the US people. I also resigned due to the fact that I disagree with the party leaderships position on recognizing homosexual civil unions.

what made you think I was a republican?

:huh:

Dread-
I did not mean to infer you were a Republican.

NB..got it right:up:

So why do the republicans rock so well?:sexywink:

DB9

Dreadsox said:

He is saying what a friend of mine recently would not do. He would NOT turn on the news. He just returned from Iraq. he is redeploying back to Iraq soon and will not watch the news. He did for about a week, and says that they are not accurately depicting the work that is being done. He has sionce refused to pick up a newspaper or turn on the TV.

I am glad to read this Dread. I do not want the people of Iraq to have to endure life in a hellhole, that's all. I'm glad people's lives are improving. I hope they have clean water, adequate health care, shelter, and other things that they need to have lives in dignity. It's only right.

Dreadsox said:

Royal we?

You might call it "protocol" "we". Formally, actually the British monarch traditionally uses the third person singular, "the Queen wishes to invite" rather than "I wish to invite". "We" may also be used rather than "I".
I think that's what nbc meant. If it's not sorry, didn't mean to put words in your mouth. It's "we" being used in some sort of protocol that being American I don't have a really clear concept of.

huh?:huh:

LOL.....

I am really sorry.....I am not functioning...LOL

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5346.htm

Life in battened-down Baghdad :Self-preservation U.S. soldiers' goal

MITCH POTTER

12/04/03: (Toronto Star) BAGHDAD?The grimaces on these young American faces speak volumes, however monosyllabic their words may be. Turkey Day has come and gone, and that whisper of a visit from President George W. Bush barely echoes now in the ears of his troops in Iraq.

A young corporal named Bourgeois corrected a reporter yesterday when asked whether the president's dramatic night-time foray brought any kind of levity to his personal slog in Baghdad, now a stale seven months old.

The first answer, an embittered, dirty look. Then, grudgingly, to fill the dragging silence: "They said he came to Baghdad, but it was really only BIAP." (Translation: Baghdad International Airport, in army-speak.)

Bourgeois' final thought on the matter: Neither he nor anyone else in his unit would have gone anywhere near Bush had they known of his visit, which they didn't, and had they been enjoying a rare day off, which they weren't.

"I would have been somewhere else," he said. "Sounds like a pretty high-profile target to me."

More telling, perhaps, the surprising ambivalence of a PAO (more army-speak for Public Affairs Officer), the very sort paid by the Pentagon to make nice for the media. He, too, managed few words on the presidential foray: "I'm indifferent. I'm just a soldier, sir."

Wow......this is impressive...:wink:

I will have to see if they are up on the Kennedy Assasination.

I am shocked to see you quoting a jouralist that supports the President in his claims that Osama and Saddam were linked.

Last edited:
nbcrusader said:
"We are not amused"

Damn. I forgot about that. :banghead:
Dear old Queen Victoria.
She *frequently* used the third person singular: she called her business "the Queen's private affairs". But yes, she did say that when some enterprising clothing designer ripped off the design of one of her dresses. Poor guy must have been desperate. I find Victorian fashion to be the deadliest dull, boring clothing to ever hit the planet. :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom