Where was GW having Turkey today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

yes i think there are some differences. anyway, i am sure there are many Americans who see my perspective, just as a few Europeans who might see your perspective.

This is correct.

Dreadsox said:

Apparently it is FUN for you to Insult me.

No.

First of all, I didn?t insult you, I am just telling you what I think.

Second, it was a trick. I knew you?d take it as an insult. I wanted to see who?s talking about being crybaby here, regarding your previous post.

"As a former reservist......I find this to be the biggest piece of garbage crybaby argument I have heard in the press."

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

No.

First of all, I didn?t insult you, I am just telling you what I think.

Second, it was a trick. I knew you?d take it as an insult. I wanted to see who?s talking about being crybaby here, regarding your previous post.

"As a former reservist......I find this to be the biggest piece of garbage crybaby argument I have heard in the press."

Nah, if I were a crybaby I would have reported you for it. But it is getting old, just as it was old back in January and February a year a go when you indeed were out of line as well.

I have never attacked you personally and I have asked you in the past to stop and I am asking you again to stop.

Now, If you wish to respond to my well detailed argument and the points I made about my feelings about why it is a "crybaby argument" be my guest.

Instead you imply I am a facist and now call me a "crybaby" after I have asked you to stop.

Last edited:
Fine, Dread. See, in Europe it?s called criticism, not insult or attack. How come you think I mean it personal? You?re talking about getting a kick out of doing your duty, and I am critisizing it, because from my view as a Christian it is uncool to enjoy harming others (even if it?s their own fault because they broke laws). That may be a personal topic about views or opinions on what integrity means to us, but criticism is not intended to insult or attack you. Get what I?m saying?

edited: Um fascist? re read. man. I didn?t use that term.

Last edited:
So why do you focus on ME instead of my entire argument about reservists not following through on their duties?

Just curious? That was what the majority of my response was about. It is what I was asked to clarify. Yet somehow you seem to focus in on this one very small part of my statement and ignore the bulk of my response.

And that is why it is personal. Now I am somehow less of a Christian? I harmed someone? You know the FULL and complete stories of the stiuations I was involved in to pass judgementover me.

Get it? I get it.

EDIT: You did not have to enough of the term was in your words.

Last edited:
Robert Scheer's
little piece defines the word rubbish.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars,

"Now you exaggerate. he?s a killer, a cruel neo-conservative death row lover, and he?ll rot in hell for his actions. But to call him Anti-Christ would be a little.. exaggerated, no? He?s just a servant of the Anti-Christ."

Which is more cruel, to sit and cry about an action taken to disarm a dicator and free people from that muderous past, or to actually be taking that action which has made this world a safer place?

The man is a chronic liar.

As White House Changes Story, British Airways Refutes Bush Story of Pilot Sighting

In his trip to Baghdad, President Bush said he would have immediately turned around had his cover been blown. In trying to play up the secrecy and dangerous nature of the trip, Bush's aides said that a British Airways pilot spotted the president's plane, radioing, "Did I just see Air Force One?" The White House said Air Force One responded: "Gulfstream 5" - a code word to disguise the plane - and the British Airways pilot "seemed to sense he was in on a secret and replied 'Oh.'"1

But now it appears the story was a complete fabrication, designed only to hype the story. According to Reuters, "British Airways said yesterday that none of its pilots made contact with President Bush's plane during its secret flight to Baghdad on Thanksgiving, contradicting White House reports of a midair exchange that nearly prompted Bush to call off his trip."2

Making things worse, the White House revised its story after revelations of the distortion. The White House now says "it had left the wrong impression" and that actually the conversation took place between Air Force One and the airport tower in London.3 But again, British Airways refuted this tale, with a spokesman for the company telling media "that none of its pilots has come forward to acknowledge either making or overhearing the purported conversation."4

Sources:
"Bush steals away to Baghdad in a surprise visit to American soldiers", International Herald Tribune, 11/28/2003.
"Pilots Didn't Radio Air Force One, Airline Says", Reuters, 12/02/2003.
"Bush Aide Clarifies Air Force One Sighting", Washington Post, 12/03/2003.
"Changing a Story on the Fly", Newsday, 12/03/2003.

Scarletwine said:
The man is a chronic liar.

"Changing a Story on the Fly", Newsday, monicagatethongcity.
48.jpg

More Photographic Dishonesty from President Bush

In the most famous picture from his trip to Baghdad, President Bush had himself artfully photographed to look like he was serving turkey to the troops.1 The image was emblazoned on front pages throughout the country - and now appears to be an entirely false depiction.

According to the Washington Post, Bush was actually holding "a decoration, not a serving plate."2 In other words, he was holding a prop, not real food, and thus only pretending for the cameras to be serving up the holiday meal.

The Post notes that "the foray has opened new credibility questions for a White House that has dealt with issues" like this in the past. In fact, the flap marks the second such distortion in as many days about his trip to Baghdad. Just yesterday it was revealed that the White House's tall tale of Air Force One crossing paths with a British Airways plane was entirely false.3

The deceptive picture also harkens back to the controversy surrounding the President's "Mission Accomplished" banner4. On May 1, he stood on the deck of the U.S.S. Lincoln in front of the giant sign and declared that "major combat operations have ended."5 Since that time, more troops have been killed or wounded than before he made that statement, prompting more questions about his photo-op.6

When asked why he chose to stand in front of the "Mission Accomplished" banner at a press conference six months later, Bush "disavowed the background banner," saying the White House staff had nothing to do with producing it.7 But then Navy and administration officials admitted the President had been dishonest, saying that "the White House actually made it."8 White House spokesman Scott McClellan specifically said, "We took care of the production of it. We have people to do those things."

Of course, Bush's penchant for taking misleading and dishonest photos has not been confined to Iraq. In July of 2002, the President visited a low-income housing development in Atlanta to tout his commitment to funding it. He then proposed a budget that eliminated its funding9,10. Similarly, the President visited a Boys and Girls Club in January of 2003 to tout the organization's efforts.11 He said the club "has got a grand history of helping children." Just four days after his photo-op, he proposed to cut 15% out of funding for the Boys and Girls Club12.

Sources:
CBSNews.com, 11/27/2003.
"The Bird Was Perfect But Not For Dinner", Washington Post, 12/04/2003.
"Pilots Didn't Radio Air Force One, Airline Says", Washington Post, 12/02/2003.
CBSNews.com, 10/29/2003.
"President Bush Announces Major Combat Operations in Iraq Have Ended", WhiteHouse.Gov, 05/01/2003.
"Postwar Deaths of U.S. Troops in Iraq Exceeds Combat Toll", New York Time, 08/26/2003.
"Bush disavows background banner in May speech", USA Today, 10/28/2003.
"White House pressed on 'mission accomplished' sign", CNN, 10/29/2003.
President Calls for Expanding Opportunities to Home Ownership, 06/17/2003.
Atlanta Journal Constitution, 2/5/2003.
President Commemorates 1st Anniversary of Freedom Corps, 01/30/2003.
CNN Crossfire, 1/30/03.

wolfwill23 said:
I think it was very honorable for him to be there. He didn't have to risk his life on Thanksgiving to fly to Iraq and visit troops, but he did. This shows the character of this president. Good for him.

And I'm sure all the liberals will be upset by the visit but when history looks back, what will be remembered, the complaining liberals or President Bush visiting the troops on Thanksgiving Day in Iraq?

EXACTLY! he did exactly what a great president should be doing. It made the troops feel good and thats all that matters...did you see the looks on thier faces?! president bush will be remembered for this for sure....not the liberals

Scarletwine said:
In the most famous picture from his trip to Baghdad, President Bush had himself artfully photographed to look like he was serving turkey to the troops.1 The image was emblazoned on front pages throughout the country - and now appears to be an entirely false depiction.

According to the Washington Post, Bush was actually holding "a decoration, not a serving plate."2 In other words, he was holding a prop, not real food, and thus only pretending for the cameras to be serving up the holiday meal.

The Post notes that "the foray has opened new credibility questions for a White House that has dealt with issues" like this in the past. In fact, the flap marks the second such distortion in as many days about his trip to Baghdad. Just yesterday it was revealed that the White House's tall tale of Air Force One crossing paths with a British Airways plane was entirely false.3

Well, then impeach him for his "lies".

Last edited:
While I admire the presented case attemted at making the president out to be a liar.....

I remember an awful quote....about the former First Lady Mrs. Barbara Bush that was presented in this forum, out of context, and incomplete without the question that was asked of her, nor the complete response. It was used in this forum to make the former first lady look horrible, when in fact, in the context of the question, in the context of the complete answer her response had quite a different meaning.

I do not have the time now to search for all of these articles. For the future, it would be nice to provide a link to them. Faster, and more efficient. I will have fun doing so after my kids in bed.

I will say this...His announcement of the end of major operations was first and foremost:

#1 The first step to removing the sanctions in Iraq through the UN. It was 100% necessary to do so in order to remove the ansctions.

#2 It was necessary to get NGO's in there to help distribute aid.

You may not like the political dog and pony show of the air craft carrier, but it was a necessary step towards getting the next resolutions passed to clear the way for other countries who did not agree with 1441 to come in and give assistance.

From Scarletwine's own articles:

"The Bird Was Perfect But Not For Dinner", Washington Post, 12/04/2003.

[Q] Officials said they did not know the turkey would be there or that Bush would pick it up. A contractor had roasted and primped the turkey to adorn the buffet line, while the 600 soldiers were served from cafeteria-style steam trays, the officials said. They said the bird was not placed there in anticipation of Bush's stealthy visit, and military sources said a trophy turkey is a standard feature of holiday chow lines. [/Q]
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A33090-2003Dec3.html

Let's start with the Bird. Yes, the turkey makes him look like such a liar. He is a criminal. What is funny is I vaguely remember in the chow hall during Military Police School such a holiday display. I remember it well because I could not eat the best meal of my entire 17 weeks of fun at beautiful Ft. McLellan Al. Because my front teeth were shattered the night before in a fun bit of wrestling. The five mile run in the cold that morning killed.

Anyways....

Do we really hate the President this much that him picking up a prop turkey that appears in most mess halls around the military world to cheer up the troops makes him a LIAR?

Isn's this stretching it a bit? I am sorry, but when there was a bit more to the truth in the article quoted.

Last edited:
I didn't call him a liar. Just a photo-op hound.

God I can't believe how friggin defensive people get for Bush. I wish I had been around when Bill was Pres. to see how often he was slaughtered before the Monica stuff.

The President's own words from the speech on the aircraft carrier:

[Q]We have difficult work to do in Iraq. We're bringing order to parts of that country that remain dangerous. We're pursuing and finding leaders of the old regime, who will be held to account for their crimes. We've begun the search for hidden chemical and biological weapons and already know of hundreds of sites that will be investigated. We're helping to rebuild Iraq, where the dictator built palaces for himself, instead of hospitals and schools. And we will stand with the new leaders of Iraq as they establish a government of, by, and for the Iraqi people.

The transition from dictatorship to democracy will take time, but it is worth every effort. Our coalition will stay until our work is done. Then we will leave, and we will leave behind a free Iraq. [/Q]

Last edited:
Scarletwine said:
I didn't call him a liar. Just a photo-op hound.

God I can't believe how friggin defensive people get for Bush. I wish I had been around when Bill was Pres. to see how often he was slaughtered before the Monica stuff.

You did not call him a Chronic Liar?

That was the other Scarletwine:wink:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Once again a photo that has everything to do with this thread...

BonoVoxSuperstar-
It should be pretty simple to see that my posts in thread our to point out the doublestandards of partisan folk.
I know youre bright enough to understand that..:wink:

DB9

diamond said:

BonoVoxSuperstar-
It should be pretty simple to see that my posts in thread our to point out the doublestandards of partisan folk.
I know youre bright enough to understand that..:wink:

DB9

Comparing a photo of Bush with a turkey, and some float poking fun at Clinton doesn't point out any kind of doublestandard. Both of those photos lean right. Come on Diamond you can do better than that.

Back
Top Bottom