Where has all the discussion gone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My feeling about FYM is that I really like it, it's always thought-provoking. However, it's not for everyone. Some people are just not attracted to various kinds of political or religions discussion, and that's cool. Some people would rather stick to more U2-oriented discussion and prefer EYKIW or PLEBA, or jokes, as in IO. There's something here to please everyone.

bonosgirl84 said:

unbelieveable.

you don't want to single anyone out....except jeff.

Sorry, he is the one who singled me out, he is the reason I left. :shrug: There are a lot of cool people there, it's just not my thing and I don't fit in.

I feel singling out the PLEBAns I'm talking about would only cause hard feelings, such as exist between your "Jeff" and myself:|

Last edited:
hey can i say something about this?
i just think you should go out meet new and nice people, people you can have a good discution about things you think it's rigth to make a good argument about and stay far from this here for a while and then bring something new, bring light to this cavern, as plato as tried, but i am not too optimistic...

Just a note to all mods/members: it was this thread which perpetuated the 'annoying' thread I posted in Lemonade Stand that got closed. Again, I do NOT think all those people are annoying, it went by things I'd seen elsewhere. I am sorry to all if anyone was put out by it.

Hi Kitten, just so you know, my whinge about the album thing wasnt directed at you.

I meant people who go off at journalists, reviewers because the poster doesnt like the review. Theres been some awful nasty things said about reviewers by posters.

That's okay, I didn't think it was:) But your whole post reminded me of things other people had been saying on the board. I also want to stress again, my list on LS was NOT a list of people I don't like, I honestly like many of them very much. (okay a few I don't) But a list of people I didn't like would have been a different list, and not nearly so long. Also again, I added myself first on the list because I know I annoy people too. I am really shocked at the way my thread was recieved by some and again, sorry!

U2Kitten said:
That's okay, I didn't think it was:) But your whole post reminded me of things other people had been saying on the board. I also want to stress again, my list on LS was NOT a list of people I don't like, I honestly like many of them very much. (okay a few I don't) But a list of people I didn't like would have been a different list, and not nearly so long. Also again, I added myself first on the list because I know I annoy people too. I am really shocked at the way my thread was recieved by some and again, sorry!

I know I'm on the short list. Sweet! :wink:

At least one of my holiday wishes has been granted!

verte76 said:
My feeling about FYM is that I really like it, it's always thought-provoking. However, it's not for everyone. Some people are just not attracted to various kinds of political or religions discussion, and that's cool.

:up: I really don't like discussing politics (FYM in the past few months) and I'm much more into religion or current events so right now I'm enjoying more than I have in a LONG time. Also, we used to have quite a bit of religious discussion in TGIS, but since that was recently banned, those threads are now started in FYM instead.

There's still a lot of discussion in FYM. In fact, even though religious discussion has dominated lately, I have to say I am very, very pleased by the class and restraint that the vast majority of our post-ers have been showing here.

I was going to close this thread, but maybe it's the time of year for some soul-searching anyway, so I'll leave it for now. ;)

And to those of you pissed off by the election and the discussion thereof...come on back! The majority of the election discussion lately has been happening in the Edwards-drooling thread, anyway. :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom