Where Did We Get This Idea...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
That the world should be a place where we should never be
offended?

And the ones offending us should be labeled intolerent bigots
and silenced.

Are we really willing to enter a Brave New World where free
speech and expression of religious faith are banned?

*Try getting on the radio in Canada and saying you believe the Bible states that homosexuality is a sin*

Whatever your your opinion on that subject is your opinion, I
repect that. I might not agree with you, but I believe you have the right to express your view.

*please don't turn this thread into a debate on homsexuality*

What scares me is that we seem to be heading to a world where voices/things that offend us will be banned/silenced.

"Attack the idea, not the person."

~Dr. Martin Luther King

Last edited:
I don't believe in sin, so y'all can say whatever you want is a sin and I don't give a crap. :D

Just don't even think about making what you think is a sin off limits for the rest of us.

Yeah cause obviously libruls like Indra would be guilty of wanting to murder people. That's a great example.

A_Wanderer said:
The no-harm principle enables laws against murder, rape and other abuses through logical axioms.

Exactly. Reasonable laws can be described in secular terms. And, for the record, I believe you can argue both for and against abortion in secular terms, as well.

Melon

the iron horse said:
Are we really willing to enter a Brave New World where free
speech and expression of religious faith are banned?

First off, this probably will never happen in the United States. Liberal university intellectuals are the first to tell all of their students that banning hate speech is a bad thing, so I doubt that there is really any real support on the Right or the Left for banning hate speech.

Where I am a bit concerned, however, is how a lot of "family organizations" are trying to ban speech expressions on television under the guise of "indecency." No, I'm not talking about nudity or profanity; these are people who rail against any positive depiction of homosexuals on television and label it "indecent." Thankfully, the FCC has never entertained their lunacy, but do realize that the "Brave New World" is something that the far right desires just as much as the far left.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom