Where did my thread just go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hiphop, you're just jealous cos i have an avatar

I'd like an explanation and not smart remarks please.

simmer down.

i never saw this thread, thusly i did not delete it.

and it would not have been censored.

make sure you didn't hit "reply" to a different thread. or just post the link in here.

I saw that thread for a split second, clicked on it to view it but it said it was an invalid link.:confused:

i thought you were eluding to one of the mods deleting it. which we did not, since we didn't see it.

sorry it got lost.

lilly.

Sparkysgrrrl said:
So then message boards aren't a place for people to help and introduce new things to people?

...go figure...

i sincerely doubt abortion is a new thing to the people of fym.

do NOT "go figure" us.

there is a difference between introducing a topic and just throwing it out. learn it and use it.

Oh dear god. don't paint yourself as the victim or anything. If you really dislike the way things are run here by the uppers please by all means don't let the door hit you on the way out. This is the way things are done here. Your remarks sarcastic or do nothing but annoy people. Do you really expect the mod(s) to go..."OH wow you are sooo right what was I thinking.?Why don't we just do everything your way...oh oh wait then when the next person comes along and we will do it there way".

This is the way things are done around here. I am so sorry if you do not like it.

I don't know what yall are reading, but I wasn't harassing anyone lmao

I did a search on 'abortion' to see if anything to the sort had been brought up, and it hadn't.
This message board is in serious need of diversity and it seems is a tad jumpy on the censoring of material.

I wasn't "throwing" something out, I was letting ppl know, there's a place to get this kind of information, and judging by the ridiculous reaction one simple post has gotten, it just further illustrates what a stigma there is on such topics.

I am sure the if a person is here at this web site and is in need of that type of information they know what a search engine is.

you wanna discuss. then discuss.

this forum is not a reference for all things.

it provides links on where to buy U2's new single. it is a U2 forum.

it does not provide links to stop the infitada or stop terror attacks on israel or the right to choose campaigns or abortion sites.

the forum facilitates discussion-if you bring something up within the context of a discussion, reference it. but don't just put forth the site. for the purposes of this forum...that offers nothing to anyone.

:mad: :madspit:

I hate it when you are soo well spoken Kobi.

Yous must be one of dem skool taughted boyz. :sexywink:

strange thread. strange.

ghetofabu said:
ous must be one of dem skool taughted boyz. :sexywink:

do you like my pressed pants and loosely knotted knitted sweater around my neck:sexywink:

perhaps later we can go for a walk along the canal on campus?

Considering the volitile nature of FYM and the volitile nature of your topic.....I think it was closed in the best interest for the board. I have seen normal, levelheaded people get into actual fist fights over the topic of abortion. While this is forum for discussing current issues and debates, the mods and admins work very hard to make sure that the threads don't turn into flame wars and ultimately hurt feelings, bannings, etc.....

I think that if someone wanted information on this topic, they would googlesearch it, not go into a forum reknowned for it's battles and post such a controversial thing......

I think if it were possible to have a civil discussion about this, it would be had. But like I said, it's a very touchy subject, and has turned best friends into enemies, turned family members against each other.

Last edited:
This message board is in serious need of diversity and it seems is a tad jumpy on the censoring of material.

Actually, sparkysgrrl, FYM is a very diverse place. Of course, having been a member for only about a month, I don't suppose we can expect you to know that. And there have, in fact, been numerous threads on abortion; I know there was one that was over one hundred replies long.

We have debates about animal rights, foreign relations, politics of many different countries, a variety of religious beliefs ranging from fundamentalist Christianity to paganism and satanism, feminism, homosexuality, and God only knows what else--and a whole lot of healthy debate. We are not perfect. But we do not need someone to come and "save" us from our woeful, narrow-minded ignorance.

Lilly closed your thread, I believe, because your noncontextualized reference of a website constituted simply trying to stir up controversy where there was none to begin with. Had you framed the reference in some sort of question or debate, it may have lasted longer. But your disrespect of the moderators and the other people who post here--who are by and large educated, articulate adults--is not appreciated. Please try to avoid doing so in the future. I suggest you try reading more of FYM and getting a feel for the way things are here before trying to claim that you have the answer to our prayers after a whole month (possibly less) of membership.

Opens up another window and looks for tickets to CANADA.

Gheto folks are usually a good source of humor.

paxetaurora said:
Actually, sparkysgrrl, FYM is a very diverse place. Of course, having been a member for only about a month,

*insert Homer Simpson voice here*---->Doh!

*reflects on a time when this whole forum was closed down for a while* hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Actually I've been a lurker since the place started and only recently got another username and started to post.

And I really need someone to expalin to me where I've been disrespectful, perhaps it's cultural differences or something but I've not been disrespectful on here despite the fact I've been name called for some stupid reason.

And I still don't think this is a diverse place, the disscussions seem pretty middle of the road to me.

Sparkysgrrrl said:
And I really need someone to expalin to me where I've been disrespectful, perhaps it's cultural differences or something but I've not been disrespectful on here despite the fact I've been name called for some stupid reason.

you called a mod a nazi in LS. i have to admit that is my first impression of you and it has most likely affected my opinion of you and your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom