When Clinton was President

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only thing ever coming out of "Al Nut case Gore" is him claiming to have invented or thought of the idea first. Or yelling like a mad man that "The SKY IS FALLING" ---chicken little.

I liked Clinton. In fact, I got spoiled when he was President, and had to do one hell of an adjustment job when Bush became President.

Irvine511 said:

you're right!

because NO other president EVER in the history of the US has EVER cheated on their spouse.

And agin, the 2 wrongs DO make a right team comes out in force. The 2 most-celebrated adulterers in Presidential history, Kennedy an dClinton. Common denominator anyone ?

edgeboy said:
Right,you can free your mind as long as your not a republican.:wink:

That's a pretty dumb thing to say. From what I can see, Republicans need have no fear of posting here. Unless being challenged/encountering opposition, constitutes persecution.

Kieran McConville said:
That's a pretty dumb thing to say. From what I can see, Republicans need have no fear of posting here. Unless being challenged/encountering opposition, constitutes persecution.

Conservatives love throwing stones, then have a panic attack the minute a pebble flies back in their direction. If you look up the term, "chicken hawk," in the dictionary, you'd be redirected to "conservative."

Melon

Justin24 said:
Democrats=Big government and the citizens feeding off the Teet of the Government. Republican=self dependance and smaller government.

Haha...the greatest lie ever told.

I love how Republicans think government should dictate to unpopular minorities what is and isn't acceptable behavior. That's not "smaller government."

Melon

Justin24 said:
Democrats=Big government and the citizens feeding off the Teet of the Government. Republican=self dependance and smaller government.

From what I have seen, the government doesn't really become smaller and the self-dependence really equates to a bigger division between rich and poor. If you are rich, when the federal and state governments stop supplementing your child's education for example - then you put your child in a private school or direct your local government to raise local taxes to keep the education level to your liking. If you are poor, you can't afford a private school and can't afford to pay more taxes so you have to settle for what you get.

I feel that Clinton the democrat was much more responsible for the well being of all of our citizens and the financial health of our country than Bush the republican is now. For a brief moment, we had a budget surplus. Bush has had to deal with a lot of financial crises - 9/11 - homeland security - war - hurricanes. We are funding these things with a loss of services that generations before us took for granted they would have. His tax cuts for the rich are being paid for by the poor and by future generations.

Please note that I am not someone that comes on here and bashes Bush. I feel strongly that the Bush/republican way of handling our country is eroding the middle class and dividing the rich and poor.

BostonAnne said:
From what I have seen, the government doesn't really become smaller and the self-dependence really equates to a bigger division between rich and poor. If you are rich, when the federal and state governments stop supplementing your child's education for example - then you put your child in a private school or direct your local government to raise local taxes to keep the education level to your liking. If you are poor, you can't afford a private school and can't afford to pay more taxes so you have to settle for what you get.

Please note that I am not someone that comes on here and bashes Bush. I feel strongly that the Bush/republican way of handling our country is eroding the middle class and dividing the rich and poor.

Tax policy and entitlement program squabbles aside, one of the major initiatives of Bush's first term was education reform. Federal spending on education has doubled since the year 2000. And with those dollars, more importantly, the establishment and raising of performance standards. Can I find examples of underfunding, or other flaws in No Child Left Behind? Sure, but the groundwork has been laid for some real progress and innovation.

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cach...=1+federal+education+spending+2000-2004&hl=en

Dear Mr Bush:

Take notes. Clinton can lead. You can't.

http://news.independent.co.uk/environment/article332384.ece

"...
At the same time, the Bush administration has come under enormous pressure at home with three-quarters of Americans now demanding action on climate change and nearly 200 cities and many states taking their own far-reaching measures to cut pollution. Bill Clinton also fatally undermined the US position by calling it "dead wrong".

Last night, Tony Juniper, a director of Friends of the Earth, called the deal "excellent". Phil Clapp, head of the US National Environmental Trust, said it was "absolutely extraordinary". "

Last edited:
melon said:
I love how Republicans think government should dictate to unpopular minorities what is and isn't acceptable behavior. That's not "smaller government."

Melon

Thank you. Was just going to point that out. Both Democrats and Republicans are guilty of the whole "big government" syndrome, really, it's just that each political party is different in regards to what intrusions it makes into people's lives.

Anywho, I personally miss Clinton. I wish he could run again.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom