Whats your definition of spirituality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
I have been trying to understand "this word" for years now but I cant get far. I know people use this word as freely as any other word. Does this word actually mean anything And if yes what does it mean . Is spirituality & religion connected or are they mutually exclusive things ? Enlightenment required.

AcrobatMan

I thought Spirituality & Religion were the same thing- I am well confused by it!

Here is what I think

Spirituality is having the believe that something is out there, like angels or God. Believing that there are forces at work in your life that you may not have control over.

Religion has a structure and rules for you to follow that help you in being a better person. You believe in God, Jesus, Allah, Buddah, and you join other people who have those same beliefs.

I think you can be both spiritual and religious, or you can be one or the other.

Lara Mullen said:

no i am only 17 :| why? But i wouldnt say im a little girl

That's what I meant--I was defending you. 17 is not a little girl, and no one should be condescending towards another like that because of their age. So I was hoping he was joking.

go joyfulgirl go joyfulgirl

joyfulgirl said:

That's what I meant--I was defending you. 17 is not a little girl, and no one should be condescending towards another like that because of their age. So I was hoping he was joking.

You go joyfulgirl :yes: :yes:

:lol: but i tink AM was joking- well i hope he was :madspit: we get on well together we are chums i think he is as the welsh say "japing" with me! :lol:

Am u r in biiig trouble lol :|

Re: go joyfulgirl go joyfulgirl

Lara Mullen said:

but i tink AM was joking- well i hope he was :madspit: we get on well together we are chums i think he is as the welsh say "japing" with me! :lol:

oh good--I'll butt out now. :D

AcrobatMan said:
i was just messing with that little little girl :evil:

ok AM that does it

*beats AM with kipper*

Thanks joyfulgirl your cool :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

:p AM

Back
Top Bottom