Whatever happened to former California Governor,Jerry Brown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danospano

Refugee
Does anyone know where this guy is hiding out? I watched a documentary on the 1992 elections and they were talking about how he was a contender for about 5 minutes, before Clinton and Tsongas weeded him out.
I'd like to know if he's still alive or active or whatever....

Cheers, Dan

Well, I should have done some investigating before I posted that message, because it turns out he has a website. It looks like he's running for mayor of Oakland, California. Pretty surprising since I figured he was done with politics. Here's the address if anyone's interested... http://jerrybrown.org/

Yep, he moved to Oakland, bought a huge warehouse and converted it into a meeting space/loft and started getting involved in local issues. He ran in the 1998 campaign (I think that was the year) against 13 other candidates and got enough of the vote to prevent a runoff. Very popular...his slogan was "we the people."

I actually worked on the campaign of one of his adversaries, because the man was a City Planner at UC Berkeley, and a long time resident of Oakland (where I was living).

Brown is an interesting character, to say the least. He really does seem to run in some alternate universe, he had very vague ideas and it turns out he made the office more unilateral to make sure he could get his own programs in, like a military school.

Back
Top Bottom