What Would Jesus Drive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:mad: Bullshit. :mad:

Yes, we need to have more economic cars for the environment and the future. Yes, I believe technology makes it more than possible, but it's the fuel and oil companies who hold the reins.

HOWEVER,

I am so sick and tired of Christians who plan bullshit marketing strategies like this. Talk about turning people away from Christianity. Give me a break. "Jesus wouldn't drive an SUV". Perhaps if He was here today in a small town and some guy came in his gas guzzling SUV and begged Jesus to cure his sick kid who resided 20 minutes outside of the small town, Jesus would hop in and save the kid.

I guess all I'm trying to say is that Christians strive to be like Jesus...but let's get the basics down (love your neighbor) before petty things like cars.

Yes, we need to protect our environment and cars are a good starting point. It becomes a problem when Jesus becomes the centre of the marketing ploy.

I am a Christian, by the way. A Christian who feels that we as Christians are the biggest turn offs to Christianity because of stunts like these.

:mad: :grumpy:

UltravioletU2 said:
:mad: Bullshit. :mad:

Yes, we need to have more economic cars for the environment and the future. Yes, I believe technology makes it more than possible, but it's the fuel and oil companies who hold the reins.

HOWEVER,

I am so sick and tired of Christians who plan bullshit marketing strategies like this. Talk about turning people away from Christianity. Give me a break. "Jesus wouldn't drive an SUV". Perhaps if He was here today in a small town and some guy came in his gas guzzling SUV and begged Jesus to cure his sick kid who resided 20 minutes outside of the small town, Jesus would hop in and save the kid.

I guess all I'm trying to say is that Christians strive to be like Jesus...but let's get the basics down (love your neighbor) before petty things like cars.

Yes, we need to protect our environment and cars are a good starting point. It becomes a problem when Jesus becomes the centre of the marketing ploy.

I am a Christian, by the way. A Christian who feels that we as Christians are the biggest turn offs to Christianity because of stunts like these.

:mad: :grumpy:

Yeah, you?re right, I agree.

Jesus drives a Harley. He got long hair, remember?

UltravioletU2 said:

I agree with you completely. It really irkes me when people take a worldly concern and slap a "Christian" label or use Christanese terms in an effort to substantiate their cause. :mad:

pub crawler said:
Are you going to tell me the Christian Right doesn't spiritualize political issues?

Well, we all know that we're going to hell if we disagree with them! :rolleyes:

Melon

pub crawler said:
Are you going to tell me the Christian Right doesn't spiritualize political issues?

No. I have no plans to wear an "I am the Christian Right" button.

Melon - I know you know your theology better than that (yes, I know it was sarcasm)

speedracer said:

Not everyone's workplaces and residences are close enough together that they can ride their high horse to work every day.

That says it best. I love the "high horse" part. I would lose my balance if I rode around on such a high horse yet managed to point my finger at people who were violating the dogmas of political correctness.

For the record, I drive a 1996 Jeep Cherokee with nearly 140,000 miles. It gets 16 miles per gallon in the city and 19 mpg on the freeway. If you don't want to be my friend because of this, then it is my loss.

Even if we had mass transit in my sprawling metropolis, it would be impractical for me to use it for I often get unscheduled calls from potential customers wanting me to come meet with them on short notice, sometimes about 10 miles away and sometimes about 90 miles away.

What would Bono drive? What would The Edge drive? What would Adam Clayton drive? What would Larry Mullen, Jr. drive? Is everyone certain that none of those lads have a Land Rover or Mercedes G-Wagon in their collection? Might want to check up on that.

~U2Alabama

U2Bama said:

What would Bono drive? What would The Edge drive? What would Adam Clayton drive? What would Larry Mullen, Jr. drive? Is everyone certain that none of those lads have a Land Rover or Mercedes G-Wagon in their collection? Might want to check up on that.

I think motorcycles typically get 50 miles per gallon. If you don't mind the higher fatality rates, motorcycles are a more environment-friendly option.

U2Bama said:

That says it best. I love the "high horse" part. I would lose my balance if I rode around on such a high horse yet managed to point my finger at people who were violating the dogmas of political correctness.

For the record, I drive a 1996 Jeep Cherokee with nearly 140,000 miles. It gets 16 miles per gallon in the city and 19 mpg on the freeway. If you don't want to be my friend because of this, then it is my loss.

Even if we had mass transit in my sprawling metropolis, it would be impractical for me to use it for I often get unscheduled calls from potential customers wanting me to come meet with them on short notice, sometimes about 10 miles away and sometimes about 90 miles away.

~U2Alabama

That's great, that's nice that you drive what you drive, Bama. I'll dare say that millions upon millions of people drive cars that get the mileage your car gets or worse.

The point is, we as a society need to work on the problem of diminishing natural resources and the contamination of our environment. But I know you know that.

The Problem is:

People are willing to pay for luxury things - even for extravagant colors but not for fuel efficency.
The only way i see to change this is the government, since humans kill the planet with their behaviour.
(for example high taxes for polution/gas consumption)

Klaus

Jesus would drive a pimped out Cadillac Escalade.

I think it would be white with black tinted windows.

It would have a light gray leather interior with seat heaters.

it would have an X-Box and DVD hook-up with satellite internet availability on its flat panel screens installed in teh back of the headrests.

it would have a very loud sound system, that would play U2 Cd's out of its 100 disc changer located in the trunk.

This huge SUV would run on water and give off no emissions because, well, he is Jesus.

ouizy said:
Jesus would drive a pimped out Cadillac Escalade.

I think it would be white with black tinted windows.

It would have a light gray leather interior with seat heaters.

it would have an X-Box and DVD hook-up with satellite internet availability on its flat panel screens installed in teh back of the headrests.

it would have a very loud sound system, that would play U2 Cd's out of its 100 disc changer located in the trunk.

This huge SUV would run on water and give off no emissions because, well, he is Jesus.

:up:

:lmao::lol::lmao::lol:

Oh my, that was good, very good!

deep said:
Jesus would tool around in a vintage Plymouth because "the Bible says God drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden in a Fury."

In Psalm 83, the Almighty apparently owned a Pontiac and a Geo. The passage urges the Lord to "pursue your enemies with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm," although theologians aren't sure how a Geo Storm could be considered terrifying, unless it had those scary shooting flames painted on the sides.

Another scripture indicates that Yahweh favored Dodge pickup trucks. Moses' followers are warned not to go up a mountain until "the Ram's horn sounds a long blast."

God also owned an AMC vehicle. In the book of Exodus, he promised to "send the Hornet ahead of you to drive the Hivites, Canaanites and Hittites out of your way."

Some scholars insist that Jesus drove a Honda but preferred not to discuss it. As proof, they cite a verse in St. John's gospel in which Christ tells a crowd, "For I did not speak of my own Accord."

Debate continues over whether the Lord's Honda had bumper stickers that said, "My other car is a flaming chariot," "Honk if you love me" or "This is my beloved son, in whom I am well-pleased because he was an honor student at Galilee Elementary."

In another transportation-related scripture: Moses rode an old British motorcycle, as evidenced by a Bible passage declaring that "the roar of Moses' Triumph is heard in the hills."

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom