What song would you have at your funeral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
abide with me is one of the greatest songs of all time. beautiful... absolutely beautiful.
that one's a must.

maybe throw in a little motion picture soundtrack for good measure.

but abide with me is a given.

"Life on Mars?" by David Bowie (it sounds appropriate and kicks ass)
"Layla" by Derek & the Dominoes (just for the piano outro)
"Pyramid Song" by Radiohead (yep)
"Light & Day / Reach for the Sun" by The Polyphonic Spree (the indietastic ending)
"Starálfur" by Sigur Ros (Don't know what they're saying, but it sounds beautiful)

The piano's essential in my funeral-related songs and most others, I think. Interesting seeing this topic in FYM though.

At my funeral: MLK

My mom is a cabaret singer and recently performed an incredible rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." I want to hold on to the DVD and play it at her funeral.

My cousin sang and my played guitar for the Eva Cassidy version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" at my aunts funeral three years ago. It was beautiful and I've loved that version of the song ever since. It doesn't make me sad--it reminds me of the beauty of her life and makes me smile.

I don't want a funeral, but my family knows what my plans are and it's in writing. And I'd like U2's One and Kite to be played. There are a few others we have tossed around, but I'm adamant I want at least those two.

Back
Top Bottom