What qualities hurt society?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A_Wanderer said:

Or you are advocating anarcho-communism which is an entirely different system.

bingo. but an entirely different system from what? the soviet union? yes. marx? not really.

now the shit jobs are an interesting point. but i think that some people will always want to be doctors. some people will always want to be auto mechanics. some people will always want to be pilots. some people will always want to be teachers. and someday people can pursue these interests not for survival, but for individual and communal development. who will be janitors? maybe the doctors will clean up after themselves at the end of the day? or maybe those who are not mentally able to have a higher status? perhaps people who haven't found their niche yet? i don't have all of the answers for you. unlike what financeguy said, this isn't religion...i have no holy book with all of the answers.

See capitalism isn't divisive it unites people, financeguy and I disagree on practically every point on this forum from abortion to Iraq but when it comes to capitalism and individual freedom there is unity :wink:

A_Wanderer said:
See capitalism isn't divisive it unites people, financeguy and I disagree on practically every point on this forum from abortion to Iraq but when it comes to capitalism and individual freedom there is unity :wink:

Haha, indeed. :lol:

But I suspect our disagreements on issues like Iraq overshadow the fact that we probably agree on more than we disagree on.

i'm gonna head to bed and i think we've highjacked a thread enough for one evening.

i wanted to clarify that my main purpose for this little exchange was not to "convert" anyone. i just get tired of marx and radical left thought being pigeonholed into being summed up by the soviet union, china, or north korea. there are a multitude of libertarian and democratic ideas floating around out there - anarcho-communism, anarchy, council communism, etc. that stand in opposition to what much of you generalize as "communism" or even "marxism."

A_Wanderer said:
So now taxes are a form of charity?

No.

But what are welfare programs? Federally funded, with money pair to the government by taxpayers. And many taxpayers spend a lot of time whining about welfare, food stamps, etc. How charitable is all that whining?

Back
Top Bottom