What Kind of Christian Are You?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
384. I'm very disapointed that I'm being compared to Falwell. :madspit: I'm glad to be in the company of others here. (big up nb, melon!)

Re: Re: What Kind of Christian Are You?

Sue DeNym said:
I think I'd prefer the company of C.S. Lewis
as would i. i think that we should call ourselves lewis Christians intsead of "jerry falwel christians". i find i'm 500% (at least) more in agreement with lewis than i ever will be with falwel. last summer i read about ten of his books, and they helped me incredibly.

then again, "lutheran" probably describes me even better. lewis was a great man, luther was a genius.

Denomination Selector i think this one might be a little more accurate...it lists the actual denominations, not just general people who might agree with you. and for those who aren't Christians, i haven't looked around, but i think there are tests for other religions too...

anyways here's my results:
#1 Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
#2 Evangelical Lutheran Church
#3 Episcopal/Anglican Church
#4 Church of Christ
#5 Methodist/Wesleyan Church
#6 Presbyterian Church in America/Orthodox Presbyterian Church
#7 Reformed Churches
#8 Roman Catholic Church
#9 Eastern Orthodox Church
#10 International Church of Christ
#11 Presbyterian Church USA
#12 Free Will Baptist
#13 Reformed Baptist
#14 Assemblies of God
#15 Mennonite Brethren
#16 Southern Baptist
#17 United Pentecostal Church
#18 Orthodox Quakerism
#19 Seventh-Day Adventist
#20 Mormonism
#21 Jehovah's Witness
#22 Liberal Quakerism
#23 Unitarian Universalism
#24 Unity Church

that one is pretty much dead on for me

Great test.
Looks like I found the right home.

1. Presbyterian Church USA
2. Presbyterian Church in America/Orthodox Presbyterian Church
3. Reformed Churches
4. Reformed Baptist
5. Mthodist/Wesleyan Church
6. Southern Baptist
7. Mennonite Brethren
8. Free Will Baptist
9. Orthodox Quakerism
10. Assemblies of God
11. Evangelical Lutheran Church
12. Church of Christ
13. Episcopal/Anglican Church
14. Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod
15. International Church of Christ
16. Seventh-Day Adventist
17. United Pentecostal Church
18. Eastern Orthodox Church
19. Roman Catholic Church

1 Liberal Quakerism
2 Unitarian Universalism
3 Unity Church
4 Jehovah's Witness
5 Mormonism
19 Roman Catholic Church

Not bad for a non-theist Roman Catholic i assume???

Here's my list.....no huge surprises here.

1. Roman Catholic Church
2. Eastern Orthodox Church
3. Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod
4. Mormonism
5. Episcopalian/Anglican
6. Evangelical Lutheran
7. International Church of Christ
8. United Pentecostal Church
9. Assemblies of God
10. Church of Christ
11. Methodist/Wesleyan Church
12. Free Will Baptist
13. Seventh-Day Adventist Church
14. Mennonite Brethren
15. Presbyterian Church in America
16. Reformed Churches
17. Southern Baptist Convention
18. Jehovah's Witnesses
19. Orthodox Quakerism
20. Presbyterian Church USA
21. Reformed Baptist
22. Unitarian Universalist
23. Unity Church
24. Liberal Quakerism

Let's just say I go to the right church.

368, though I'm not sure I finished the quiz, as the pop-up ads took too long, and I hit refresh and my score came up 368.

Not to be pedantic, but Jesus wasn't born in a manger in Bethlehem, I don't think Mary gave birth while lying in a manger.

*Possible the writer of quiz isn't as familiar with C.S. Lewis, as they are with Jerry Falwell? *

Last edited:
It's been awhile since I've read Mere Christianity or Screwtape Letters, and I admit those are the only books of his I've read. But is C.S. Lewis really the literalist everyone is claiming he is?

381?????

So, just because I believe in the Bible I'm supposed to hate gays, worship Dubya, prefer the sappy, maudlin Touched By An Angel to the intelligent, beautifully-written Joan of Arcadia, love the religous nutcase propaganda disguised as entertainment known as the Left Behind series and admire Jerry Falwell?

OK, I'm going to go curl into the fetal position and cry now.

Bono's shades said:
381?????

So, just because I believe in the Bible I'm supposed to hate gays, worship Dubya, prefer the sappy, maudlin Touched By An Angel to the intelligent, beautifully-written Joan of Arcadia, love the religous nutcase propaganda disguised as entertainment known as the Left Behind series and admire Jerry Falwell?

The "results" for that test are stereotypical. I don't buy it.

Bono's shades said:
381?????

Don't worry, I am an atheist and I scored above 50.

i don't think C.S. Lewis would much care to be put in the same category with an American evangelist....please anglican/episco's and catholics don't kill me for this, but seeing as how the Church of England is very, very, very similar to the Roman Catholic church, and seeing as how Lewis was a member of the Chuch of England, I don't believe Lewis would be a fan of American evangelism

nbcrusader said:

I wonder what the motivation was to label this level as "Jerry Falwell"........

I read all of the descriptions....and I wondered the same thing about the description of the "Spong Christians".

#1 Unity Church
#2 Unitarian Universalism
#3 Episcopal/Anglican Church
#4 Evangelical Lutheran Church
#5 Liberal Quakerism
#6 Eastern Orthodox Church
#7 Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
#8 Methodist/Wesleyan Church
#9 Roman Catholic Church
#10 Seventh-Day Adventist
#11 Assemblies of God
#12 Church of Christ
#13 Free Will Baptist
#14 Mormonism
#15 Presbyterian Church USA
#16 United Pentecostal Church
#17 Mennonite Brethren
#18 International Church of Christ
#19 Jehovah's Witness
#20 Presbyterian Church in America/Orthodox Presbyterian Church
#21 Reformed Churches
#22 Southern Baptist
#23 Orthodox Quakerism
#24 Reformed Baptist

I don't think Falwell should be in there. Period. Billy Graham would have been much more appropriate and fitting for that particular kind of Christian. This might bother some people as well, but if I were doing the test I'd put Graham in there, not Falwell. Graham has much more integrity than Falwell does. It seems like the person wanted to pick only the most controversial figures. I came up with a "like Bush" score and I'm not a Bush supporter. My score, 278, *is* only 23 points away from being "like Hillary". I think Hillary is a divisive person and I'm not supporting her for the Democratic nomination, but I don't mind being put in the same category, religion-wise, as her.

Jerry Fallwell Christian :reject:

I particularly liked this description: "You think homosexuals are sinful but try periodically to love them. " (Hopefully no one will be offended by that statement seeing as though everyone is entitled to an opinion and as long as they don't act upon it in a bad way it should be OK. :))

VertigoGal said:
I'm a "bishop spong christian"

right....

I'm not even a Christian:huh:

Neither is Bishop Spong. :wink:

It's a stupid quiz anyway because it doesn't take into a diversity of scriptural interpretion into consideration.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom