What is your Take on Abortion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I am 99.9% against it. I will only support it if, rape, incest or the mother is in danger of dying(with a letter signed by the doctor). If a condom break, then you have the pill.

If a couple are having sex with out protection and she becomes pregnant she could give the baby up for Adoption.

That it's no one's business but my own how I conduct my personal reproductive life. That you have no business whatsoever making decisions like this for me. That your exceptions for crimes committed against me are only smokescreens. That what people like you really want is to control me. That you should be disallowed by law to decide what happens to my body. That people like you should be giving condoms and the pill away for free to every single woman and girl, no exceptions, if you really believe what you say you do.

That your tune will change when a woman you love has been raped and her rapist is not caught, meaning that she'll be forced to bear the child because of the laws you passed when you thought they didn't apply to you.

Justin24 said:
If a condom break, then you have the pill.

So people who use condoms should use the Pill, too? Never mind that many women can't take the Pill due to health issues. But don't let a few facts interfere with your opinions that you're more than willing to impose on complete stangers.

Justin24 said:
If a couple are having sex with out protection and she becomes pregnant she could give the baby up for Adoption.

Never mind that carrying a baby to term can be dangerous for many women, but maybe not as dangerous as people like you would hope. If it won't kill them, you'll force them to carry it to term no matter what. Fuck 'em, they're just negligent women, and an unplanned pregnancy should be their cross to bear while you sit in front of a cpmputer, making decisions for them because someone died and made you God.

I said I would agree to an abortion if a woman was raped. A person wearing a condom does not have to take a pill. Unless they invented a pill for men.

condoms break.

How are you going to legislate abortion for those who are raped?

Someone has to be convicted (which wouldn't happen till the child is born) They'd have to go to the hospital immediately for a rape kit (as if most rape victims aren't too terried to go through that ordeal)

So they miss that window by not rushing to the hospital after a life altering attack and they are then forced to carry the child to term?

Fine I will just shut my mouth then. I still think it's wrong. And I would bring up the DP issue on this but I wont.

The decision should be made by each individual woman. Period.

Justin24 said:
Fine I will just shut my mouth then.
That's how you're going to answer our points? What about a well thought out answer?

Justin24 said:

I still think it's wrong.
Fine, but just don't extend your thoughts to laws that directly affect me and not you.

Justin24 said:

And I would bring up the DP issue on this but I wont.

DP? Bring it up, whatever it is.

Death Penalty. If a woman who is raped who then has to take a rape kit test is to traumatic for her, it would be the same as a family member being murdered.

Well you know if a woman is having a baby has a say about keeping the child, the father should also since he helped create the child.

Okay Heres my take, never knew my biological father nor do I care too. So when bringing up the topic of abortion with my mother, she said that if abortion was an option when I was born she would have went with it. Therefore, I wouldn't be here. This statement by a parent can have big reprocutions, I realized that in my opinion I do not agree with abortion.:|

Justin24 said:
Death Penalty. If a woman who is raped who then has to take a rape kit test is to traumatic for her, it would be the same as a family member being murdered.

I don't understand

having a rape kit done is equal to having a family member murdered? :huh:

Justin24 said:
This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. None at all.

Justin24 said:

Well you know if a woman is having a baby has a say about keeping the child, the father should also since he helped create the child.
Nope. Sorry. The man doesn't have a say at all.

I don't have the energy for this debate anymore but I agree with martha on everything she's said and will say.

Fuck, Then close the sperm banks cause you should not be allowed to reproduce and then God's(if you believe in him) civilization will cease to exist. Thats fine by me. never mind explaining to you about the whole rape kit thing and capitol punishment.

I actually have a question, maybe someone could inform me.

I always hear Pro-Life advocates touting adoption like it is the end-all, be-all answer to abortion.

But I think, but I'm not certain, that adoption is extremely ethnic/race biased, i.e., that most people want to adopt a white blond, blue-eyed little baby. And I know that all of the mothers and fathers deciding on abortion are not white, blond and blue-eyed.

So I would imagine, but I'm not sure, that you then have all of theses children of non-caucasian race growing up in orphanages instead of loving families as the Pro-Life advocates would have me believe.

Is my theory way off base or somewhere close to the mark? Any thoughts?

Justin24 said:
Fuck, Then close the sperm banks cause you should not be allowed to reproduce and then God's(if you believe in him) civilization will cease to exist. Thats fine by me. never mind explaining to you about the whole rape kit thing and capitol punishment.

Way to win an argument. :|

Do the rest of us a favor, and please stop voting if this is how you answer legitimate challenges to your thinking.

I'll stop voting when I am dead. I am only responding in argument form as you do.

I cannot do anything about the abotion issue. It's already law that a woman has a right to choose. I will not vote to end that. But in my opinion on this matter I am against it.

I am suprised to see Christians who support abortion.

Justin24 said:
I am 99.9% against it. I will only support it if, rape, incest or the mother is in danger of dying(with a letter signed by the doctor). If a condom break, then you have the pill.

Agreed.

The whole sperm bank issue is in response to how men should not have a say in matters when it's their child also. I mean he should be able to keep the child if he wanted to and leave the mother if she did not want the child.

From my point of view I am against abortion. It's not a form of birth control despite what some believe. As for the father having a say in the matter than yes he should have one. One of my nieces was going to be aborted (mother's decision) but my brother said no it's his child too. Why should he have been denied his child that he really wanted because she saw it as an inconvience? With the case of a mother's life being in danger than I would support that decision.

Justin24 said:
I'll stop voting when I am dead. I am only responding in argument form as you do.

WTF?

First of all that doesn't make sense, argument form?

But I'm laughing at your sperm bank and how a rape kit is murder analogies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom