What Is Your Source Of Truth About God?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, the name as intedomine, i don't use it as a name for its meaning, just I love the sound of the name ( and most other names are taken!)

When it comes to love, i take it as something which relies solely upon the individuals concerned. It is something which can't be controlled in some cases, and generally living things possess a strange and mysterious desire for things. Desire to avoid pain( be it physical or emotional) is what helps to ignite passion and love, the will to 'feel good'.

Whether 'feeling good' is something physical or psychological, it is simply one of our most desirable experiences, and is unexpicable.

We would rather be involved in a passionate kiss, than being stabbed.
We would rather be in deep conversation with a friend, than listen to insults from a prejudicial colleague.
We would rather listen to u2 , than listen to and Ja Rule and P Diddy duet.

The reason we obtain feelings of love, is because we want to avoid pain. Love is an outlet from pain.

When it comes to "living for the one life we got", and doing everything we want, love is concerned here as well.

The human being knows what pain is and what love is.

Law, in most cases, is there to ensure that humans experience love more often than pain.

Society knows that murder or violence or deprivation causes pain, and from our personal experiences, we would not want to see someone else experience pain of any kind, because it doesn't 'feel good'.

Everyone has the right to feel good and avoid pain at any cost.

Law, by aiming to protect society from murder, rape or financial losses or whatever, is a necessary restriction in order to allow the human race to feel good.

Unfortunately there are people in the world who are ignorant to the effect pain can have on people, and that is why we still have things like war and murder and assault.

I believe in love, but it has a cause and that is the will to 'feel good' to avoid pain.

When I say I'm proud to sin and proud to be a devil, it's an expression to the people out there ( including the authors of the book of psalms and the bible)who view disbelief in something spiritual as wrong and evil. It's just an expression of how strong I am in my stance as an Athiest.

If a devil is someone who doesn't believe in God ( as quite a few religious extremists will have you believe) than that is what I am.

intedomine said:
Yeah, the name as intedomine, i don't use it as a name for its meaning, just I love the sound of the name ( and most other names are taken!)

When it comes to love, i take it as something which relies solely upon the individuals concerned. It is something which can't be controlled in some cases, and generally living things possess a strange and mysterious desire for things. Desire to avoid pain( be it physical or emotional) is what helps to ignite passion and love, the will to 'feel good'.

Whether 'feeling good' is something physical or psychological, it is simply one of our most desirable experiences, and is unexpicable.

We would rather be involved in a passionate kiss, than being stabbed.
We would rather be in deep conversation with a friend, than listen to insults from a prejudicial colleague.
We would rather listen to u2 , than listen to and Ja Rule and P Diddy duet.

The reason we obtain feelings of love, is because we want to avoid pain. Love is an outlet from pain.

When it comes to "living for the one life we got", and doing everything we want, love is concerned here as well.

Law, in most cases, is there to ensure that humans experience love more often than pain.

Society knows that murder or violence or deprivation causes pain, and from our personal experiences, we would not want to see someone else experience pain of any kind, because it doesn't 'feel good'.

Law, by aiming to protect society from murder, rape or financial losses or whatever, is a necessary restriction in order to allow the human race to feel good.

Unfortunately there are people in the world who are ignorant to the effect pain can have on people, and that is why we still have things like war and murder and assault.

I believe in love, but it has a cause and that is the will to 'feel good' to avoid pain.

When I say I'm proud to sin and proud to be a devil, it's an expression to the people out there ( including the authors of the book of psalms and the bible)who view disbelief in something spiritual as wrong and evil. It's just an expression of how strong I am in my stance as an Athiest.

If a devil is someone who doesn't believe in God ( as quite a few religious extremists will have you believe) than that is what I am.

Excellent post, intedomine. :up:.

"We would rather listen to u2 , than listen to and Ja Rule and P Diddy duet."

:laugh:...ain't that the truth. :D.

Angela

intedomine said:

But doesn't this make life a pretty depressing existence if the sole purpose is merely to avoid pain?

From how I understand your post, even though you're an atheist and I'm a Calvinist, it sounds like we both believe that human nature is depraved and inherently evil/causing pain. The difference between you and I is that I believe that this pain is dissolved entirely by God's grace and my life doesn't have to be devoted to avoiding pain; rather, I believe in a pure joy, contentment, and love than any amount of pain could never touch. To me, comparing pain and love is comparing apples and oranges. I think most people would readily agree to suffer a great deal of pain in the name of love.

I never said that a whole life and the reason for existence is solely to avoid pain.

Personally, as naive I am about anything to do with scientific jargon ( being an arts student ), I strongly feel that the reason for our existence is purely scientific. There is a reason for our existence (and we might never know for certain what it is) , yet it has nothing to do at all with the 'god as a creator' theory. It's purely scientific.

It is human nature that we all just want to be comfortable and be happy. If avoiding pain is part of the process of "feeling good" and happy, than that is the way it is.

If I was tortured in some painful way, I wouldn't be happy, and after the torture was finished, provided I was still alive, there is the chance of having a recurring memory of the torturous times.

Take a rape victim for example. In many cases the victim can't get over their dreadful experience and their life sometimes suffers extensively because of it. Sometimes, no amount of love can heal pain, be it physical or emotional.

I could respond livluvandbootlegmusic, to your claim that god's grace dissolves any pain, by starting on about whether 'god' intends to be good or bad, but where delving into some deep philosophy there, and i've had too much philosophy at uni for one week!

Back
Top Bottom