What is the one thing you wish the candidates for President would say....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish that one of the top three would turn to the rest and say, get off the stage, you do not belong here, you are hurting the countries chances for making a logical choice for President.

Dreadsox said:
I wish that one of the top three would turn to the rest and say, get off the stage, you do not belong here, you are hurting the countries chances for making a logical choice for President.

That would be nice, but it would undermine the whole democratic system that we so love.:wink:

"Its time for the Republicans to stop taking advantage of the 3000 people that died on Sept. 11 for their own political gain."

"Just because you don't support Bush does not make you an anti-american or a terrorist."

sharky said:
"Its time for the Republicans to stop taking advantage of the 3000 people that died on Sept. 11 for their own political gain."

"Just because you don't support Bush does not make you an anti-american or a terrorist."

amen to that!

I hope that whichever democratic candidate wins the candidacy has the courage to say the kinds of things that they've been saying during the debates, instead of softening their positions on everything because they think they'll get votes that way.

I just wish that politicians in general would speak in PLAIN STRAIGHT FORWARD ENGLISH (or whatever the language of their country) instead of dodging around the issues, using euphemisms, fence sitting, political mumbo jumbo, spin doctoring etc. Ask them a direct question and they'll go on and on according to their own convoluted agenda without ever answering your question.

I lie.

He (pointing to another candidate) lies. They (pointing to all other candidates) lie. We all lie, we're all liars.

sharky said:

Wow...two BLANKET statements...nice job!

Sharkey, what has gotten into you lately? :huh:

anitram said:
I lie.

He (pointing to another candidate) lies. They (pointing to all other candidates) lie. We all lie, we're all liars.

Best one yet!!!!

Excellent JOB!

The one thing........

From watching the very many Democratic Party Presidential Debates over the past few months, I'm waiting for one of the many democrat candidates to point at the other democrat candidates and say such things as .....

" Mr. Sharpton, polls show you having 2% of the vote, what are you still doing here ? "

" Ms. Braun, your own people of Illinois voted you out of the Senate, you then tackled the tough job of being the US Ambassador to New Zealand, a country where sheep out number humans at least 10 to 1, as your downward spiral of jobs continues, what brings you here tonight ? "

" Mr. Lieberman, you voted for the war in Iraq, you then said that even more US troops should be sent to Iraq, you have voted with Bush in the overwhelming majority of bills passed, shouldn't you be running to be Bush's vice president ? "

" Mr. Dean, you are a Yale graduate just like Bush is, your daughter goes to Yale just like Bush's daughters go to Yale, you signed contracts with Enron up in Vermont, you are now sealing records in Vermont like Bush did in Texas, you are a millionaire like Bush is, you have flown around America in the last year in a private corporate jet, you have rejected public financing of your campaign so you can instead receive private contributions just like Bush did..... aren't you the real Bush-lite ??? "

" Mr. Clark, you stood before Congress in September of 2002, and you said under OATH that Saddam was "in current retention of chemical and nuclear weapons" and that Saddam was violating international law. In April 2003, back when you were a republican, you said in the media how you praised Bush's handling of the war and how Bush made the right decision. So, why do you now say that since day one you have been against the war ? "

" Mr. Kucinich, at what point with your single-digit polling numbers will you realize that America doesn't want you in power ? "

" John Kerry, you ran around Vietnam with a machine gun, even though Vietnam never attacked America. John Kerry, you kept your mouth shut in 1998 when Clinton was bombing Iraq. John Kerry, you voted for the Iraq War and you also voted to give additional finances to the war in Iraq, with the exception of you being 2 inches taller - how do you differ from George Bush ? "

" Mr. Gephardt, you say you are against the private interests in Washington, but you then turn around and accept $ millions from the big labor groups and unions, can you explain to us how labor groups and unions are not a private interest ? "

I have no problem with passion and emotion in politics. But I think Dean got a bit too carried away last night. Sometimes it's not what you say, it's what you don't say. What do Americans want in a president? A little more self-control. Dean sounded like a coach, not a president.

Re: The one thing........

U2LipstickBoy said:

" Mr. Clark, you stood before Congress in September of 2002, and you said under OATH that Saddam was "in current retention of chemical and nuclear weapons" and that Saddam was violating international law. In April 2003, back when you were a republican, you said in the media how you praised Bush's handling of the war and how Bush made the right decision. So, why do you now say that since day one you have been against the war ? "

Id like to know this as well, the man seems to have very little credibility from a political standpoint. And seems to be constantly flip-flopping,.....

Back
Top Bottom