What if your child were gay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doozer61

Blue Crack Addict
28614Ed_Lisa_and_Me-med.jpg

2 of us in this picture are.

Would you love them unconditionally?

Would you try to change them?

Would you disown them?

Last edited:
Dooz, thanks for starting this thread. As I have posted elsewhere my cousin killed himself 8 years ago because he was gay and felt his parents would disown him....

I can say that if I had a child and they told me they were gay I might take the news as a surpise but I know I would love them no matter what.

When I look at that picture I see three beautiful children with love and joy in their eyes...perfect in every way. The fact that two of them are gay does not take away from my feelings at all.

all ya need is love.

they are still your children no matter what and they deserve to be celebrated

:cute: you guys were adorable!

as for the question: wouldn't matter, i would love and support my children and want nothing but happiness for them. nothing less than all children deserve.

Christmas 1967 -Nana's front room; the thin green carpet, the front room window that bears my bee-bee gun hole and the bedroom door that was closed to hang the Xmas cards along with Nana's favorite black and white TV.....

As far as you brats, I still love each of you.......

"Bub"

(Doozer's pet name for Mr. BAW)

Last edited:
Re: Re: What if your child were gay?

Moonlit_Angel said:
Would you love them unconditionally? Yes.

Would you try to change them? Nope.

Would you disown them? God, no.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

Angela

What Moonlit_Angel said.

Re: Re: What if your child were gay?

Moonlit_Angel said:

Angela

Me too. :yes:

Moonlit_Angel said:

Angela

I second that, and what ILuvLarryMullen said

i'd tell him to stop being silly, that it was just a phase and he'd outgrow it. then i'd look for the deeper issue: is this his way of showing his understanding that i, his father, never really loved him? if so, why does he have to be so *ridiculous* about it. is he looking for attention? if so, this is a silly way to go about it.

if he continued to choose to act upon his unnatural desires and continued with the practice of homosexuality, i'd give him a choice: either he can go to the Exodus ministry and they, with God's help and prayer, will help him conquor this terrible affliction; or, he can leave my house, immediately, and be cut off forever because i sure as hell didn't raise no damn perverts or queers.

unconditional love, never disown or try to change

That's all I ever wanted from my parents, well that and some affirmation that I'm a good person and worthy of love. The fact that I'm straight should never make me any more worthy of love or acceptance from my parents or anyone else.

One of my children is gay. I told them they needed t do whatever they had to to be happy and content. My feelings towards that child are the same now as the first moment he was held.

Irvine511 said:
i'd tell him to stop being silly, that it was just a phase and he'd outgrow it. then i'd look for the deeper issue: is this his way of showing his understanding that i, his father, never really loved him? if so, why does he have to be so *ridiculous* about it. is he looking for attention? if so, this is a silly way to go about it.

if he continued to choose to act upon his unnatural desires and continued with the practice of homosexuality, i'd give him a choice: either he can go to the Exodus ministry and they, with God's help and prayer, will help him conquor this terrible affliction; or, he can leave my house, immediately, and be cut off forever because i sure as hell didn't raise no damn perverts or queers.
" a homophobe is probably the worst hobby ever, you'd think that you would use your energy more on burning crosses or putting on that hood that hides your cowardly soul" ..... me!

u2granny said:
One of my children is gay. I told them they needed t do whatever they had to to be happy and content. My feelings towards that child are the same now as the first moment he was held.

you seem like such a nice person :hug:

Irvine...i think..... is giving his own expirience.

*HUGS* Irvine ..that must have been so shitty.

Doozer...do you have kids of your own? I mean your gay....but gays may or may not have kids.
cuz i think its interesting the how the answers would vary depending on if you had kids or not.
- my neice said she was gay for a while and I know she had gay relations with other girls...this was a few years back -
(shes 20 now) and it was sorta shockin in a way
my Mom ( her grandma) was like " I dont thnk Sarash is fully baked yet" meaning.....Sarah didnt know what sexual orientation she was yet......but then she just startin goin with guys and now wants to marry one...to make a long story short.

I think teenagers today or more sexually expirimentational (<- is this a word?) because of what they are exposed to...girls esp are made to feel as if they have to be sexy...and parents are afraid of saying anything to them...all parents want is to protect thier children...and sometimes fear and frustration lead to anger and resentment and laying blame and its those things that lie close to the surface ...acceptance comes later...and hopefully reconciliation

ill stop my ramblin.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom