What gives you a hope... today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"a hope"???
oy vey... Trash can't even structure a sentence correctly.

If theres an "Interference god" out there that can remove "a" from the title, my ego would appreciate it.

Muchas gracias

The only thing that's ever given me hope at all..
my faith in Jesus Christ

My best friend, Kate.
smile.gif

knowing that there are ppl who have been through hell(or at least far worse things than I will ever go through) in their lives and that THEY still BELIEVE, well that gives me hope even if I can't/don't believe

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

Watching my children play...
Listening to the sound of my kids breathing in the morning before I wake them up...
Listening to my kids laugh out loud over something they find funny, especially when I'm sad or stressed or nervous...

Well I guess it's all about my kids isn't it!
wink.gif
No really, they are a really tangible reminder to me that life goes on, it's just a moment...

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:
Watching my children play...
Listening to the sound of my kids breathing in the morning before I wake them up...
Listening to my kids laugh out loud over something they find funny, especially when I'm sad or stressed or nervous...

Well I guess it's all about my kids isn't it!
wink.gif
No really, they are a really tangible reminder to me that life goes on, it's just a moment...

What crzy said.....

The sun, after working a day in the rain.

------------------
I can`t change the world but i can
change the world in me.

Read you, Rono.

mmmm,
hope is to leave me yet

so I guess I find it within me and my love for the people in my life

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

that i just had a wonderful revelation (idea) regarding the direction of my life and all of a sudden things are looking up.

Imagining billions of people at a wedding feast.

------------------
And love is not the easy thing... The only baggage you can bring... Is all that you can't leave behind.

Originally posted by majxtc:
Imagining billions of people at a wedding feast.
I can't even imagine it. But I know I'll be there. Maybe He'll have us sitting side by side.

Originally posted by majxtc:
...God's promises are true whether they come at the ending or the beginning of a new day.

That's a beautiful comment.

majxtc, I haven't respond to any of your posts specifically, but I've read them and wanted you to know that you and your children have been and will continue to be in my prayers.

**O2 hugs majxtc**

((({{{majxtc}}})))

Also, just today - after I submitted my first reply, I saw a rainbow this morning in the western sky. I treasure when I get to see a rainbow, but this was particularly special. It was the first time I have ever seen a rainbow in the morning.
smile.gif

Where I live, the prevailing weather pattern is from the west to the east, so normally, when we see rainbows, it will be in the evening after some showers have blown through and the setting sun is being reflected off the rain droplets to form a rainbow in the eastern sky.

Since the last time I saw a rainbow a few months ago, I've been wondering if I would ever see a rainbow in the morning. I'm not going to ascribe any particular meaning to it now, except that God's promises are true whether they come at the ending or the beginning of a new day.
smile.gif

I always get a kick out of seeing a rainbow and have had some neat stories in regards to these experiences, so this morning's rainbow gave me hope today.
smile.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing... The only baggage you can bring... Is all that you can't leave behind.

MUSIC. In my thoughts, lots of things give me hope--my friends, literature, silence under the big sky, all the faces of beauty. But in my heart, in my very bones, music IS beauty. Whatever black wound threatens to overwhelm me simply cannot stand against the mysterious voice of the Eternal, which is music... The Battle Hymn of the Republic. Amazing Grace. The Darkest Hour. Peace On Earth.
Kite.
To sob and sing is... a holy paradox, an experience of Grace, as I learned last month.
That music exists at all closes any argument for me that we are as mere as flesh and blood. Thank You, God.
(And thanks for asking, Trash.
smile.gif
)

Deb

------------------
***Grace makes beauty out of ugly things***

Originally posted by truecoloursfly:
MUSIC. ...Whatever black wound threatens to overwhelm me simply cannot stand against the mysterious voice of the Eternal, which is music... The Battle Hymn of the Republic. Amazing Grace.

We sang Amazing Grace in church last Sunday. For some unknown reason - almost put me in tears. It was beautiful.

Gaaaaa I'm getting sentimental in my old age lol...
wink.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

+Feeling the wind rush past me. I love a good breeze.

+Looking around and seeing that the world and nature are very much alive, even when I may not feel the most animate.

+Seeing a stranger's smile.

My 10 month old niece throwing me kisses!
smile.gif
She gives me hope today!

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Something that happened this weekend while doing laundry at the local laundromat. I put all my clothes in a dryer and then realized i was out of change. so i left my clothes in the dryer and stepped out of the laundromat to go break a $20 bill so i could make change. As i was leaving, i noticed a guy opening the dryer i had just left all my wet clothes in. I thought he was messing with my stuff or about to snatch something, so i went back in to confront him only to find out he was helping me out by putting change in the machine and starting the dryer for me! I was so surprised esp. since i was assuming the worst in this complete stranger. i was even more surprised when he proceeded to offer me even more change--enough to dry that load of clothes.

THAT gives me hope.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom