What FYM moment would you like to take back?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
OK...self reflection here....

I would take back a comment I made in war about two years ago....about Chile. I was wrong....and after doing more research on the topic...I regret my position.

NEXT?

What did you say? Or is it better left buried?

I'd take back the time I was rude to diamond a long time ago about what constitutes cloning. Not because I was factually incorrect, but because I really believe it's not only what you say, but how you say it and how you present yourself to other people that matters in the end. I didn't need to be condescending in that regard, and I was.

anitram said:
What did you say? Or is it better left buried?

I'd take back the time I was rude to diamond a long time ago about what constitutes cloning. Not because I was factually incorrect, but because I really believe it's not only what you say, but how you say it and how you present yourself to other people that matters in the end. I didn't need to be condescending in that regard, and I was.

I made an argument, that I really regret....more out of ingnorance....and I can only imagine how it may have hurt the other poster's feelings.

Hmmm....I regret a comment I made the other day in the intelligent design thread because although it wasn't my intention it ended up sounding horribly elitist.

I'm not sure of any one blow-up, but there are dozens I'd like to go back and refine, retone or trim down. I should never keep posting when the stress of the day (and life) gets me on overload or I get caught up with the posturing in a thread.

I will say that there are many draft posts that thankfully never see the light of the internet. Running things through spell check on Word gives me yet another chance to think it through.

i cant pick out any one instance but I know Ive come on strong sometimes...way too strong.

I'd like to say I'm sorry to anybody I've offended along the way.

"You know, I just -- I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with an answer, but it hadn't yet. "
~GWB

:wink:

LOL.

I apologize if I came off strongly to anyone here at any time, too. I know there's been times when I've read back what I've written and wow, did it sound snippy or sarcastic or rude or whatever...at least, it did to me, and I don't know if it did to anyone else. So if I've come across like that to anyone here, I'm sorry :hug: :). I'm just very strong in expressing my views, and sometimes it comes off in a way I don't intend, so...yeah.

Good idea for a thread, Dread :up: :).

Angela

great thread

I try my best to be nice, but I take back any time that I wasn't. I take back threads of mine that degenerated into crap :wink:

Honestly most times in here I regret things that I want to say but I don't. I don't say them though for a good reason because I can predict what will happen. I just can't take the stress I guess.

Uh there is one thing I did, I was writing a heated reply once and kinda said something bad about "stupid Americans", which BAW thought was also directed at her, since it was a direct reply. I apologized in the next message, but still think she probably couldn´t take this apology as serious as I meant it. So thats that.

For the record, this is only for BAW, not for any other person I had a run-in with -no regrets there.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
Uh there is one thing I did, I was writing a heated reply once and kinda said something bad about "stupid Americans", which BAW thought was also directed at her, since it was a direct reply. I apologized in the next message, but still think she probably couldn´t take this apology as serious as I meant it. So thats that.

For the record, this is only for BAW, not for any other person I had a run-in with -no regrets there.

Thank you for this hiphop...my part in that exchange has always bothered me too. I did take your apology seriously and I realized later that your comments weren't directed at me personally. I guess I just didn't know what to say afterward but I should have acknowledged your apology and offered my own in return.

I am sorry for misjudging your intentions and jumping to conclusions.

And for the record, I was going to post about this same incident as my own FYM moment I would like to take back :wink:

Bono's American Wife said:

Thank you for this hiphop...my part in that exchange has always bothered me too. I did take your apology seriously and I realized later that your comments weren't directed at me personally. I guess I just didn't know what to say afterward but I should have acknowledged your apology and offered my own in return.

I am sorry for misjudging your intentions and jumping to conclusions.

And for the record, I was going to post about this same incident as my own FYM moment I would like to take back :wink:

No no, it was me. I should have been more polite in my reply to you from the start. :yes:

thanks anyway :D :wink: :wave:

I apologise for every closed thread. Sometimes, I thought we should let everyone at it.
I also apologise for cracking the shits with anyone who has pissed me off in the past.
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom