What does God look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my friend has a story about this from sunday school.

teacher: God created man in His image.
kid: so God's a monkey?

anyway, as the Daily Show pointed out for me, if we go by the most common portrayals of him in Judaism, Christianity, etc, God looks one hell of a lot like Charles Darwin.

someone should take a digital camera up to heaven and then send the photo back down to us on interference, ya?

Bono.

I am surprised and ashamed of you all, that none of you brought this up sooner...i really expected better of you all:tsk::p:

:wink:

(if you wish to slap me, please form an orderly queue, terrible joke i know)
:reject:

I think he's a fabulously genial-looking bloke. He'd also be a great story teller.

If he's not, I second For Honor's plan. :up:

Last edited:
LJT said:
Bono.

I am surprised and ashamed of you all, that none of you brought this up sooner...i really expected better of you all:tsk::p:

:wink:

(if you wish to slap me, please form an orderly queue, terrible joke i know)
:reject:

LOL,I agree :wink:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
God looks like the one next to you on the bus.

Joan Osbourne, even though she was asking a question had it right.

I love that song,and I agree Joan is spot on. :)

god.jpg

Every person you loved, every person who loved you; every person you gratuously hurt and every person who gratuously hurt you. Every person you helped and every person who helped you. Every person you neglected and every person who neglected you.

BonosSaint said:
Every person you loved, every person who loved you; every person you gratuously hurt and every person who gratuously hurt you. Every person you helped and every person who helped you. Every person you neglected and every person who neglected you.

that's lovely :)

and call me superficial, but I don't want to think of God as wearing a sleeveless flannel shirt and having giant man boobs :no: There has got to be something better for me at the pearly gates (hopefully, I'm trying :wink:) than that..

Back
Top Bottom